Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Reading the descriptions of the players on this list I'm surprised we haven't been in for George Thorn yet

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/11407/5-free-agents-who-can-give-an-efl-club-a-big-lift/
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Reading the descriptions of the players on this list I'm surprised we haven't been in for George Thorn yet

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/11407/5-free-agents-who-can-give-an-efl-club-a-big-lift/
    More injury prone than Lewis Page
  • Options
    Jackson Irvine turned down a salary of £5M pa according to that article. Wow.
  • Options
    Ryan Shotton would offer useful cover at CB and RB 
  • Options
    Jackson Irvine turned down a salary of £5M pa according to that article. Wow.
    No chance that figure is correct, that’s 100k a week for a bottom end championship midfielder who has probably never earned more than 8-10k a week.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    I still think we are likely to sign a striker quite soon regardless of LB's comments. I bet Gallen is talking to a few free agents at the moment 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    AndyG said:
    I still think we are likely to sign a striker quite soon regardless of LB's comments. I bet Gallen is talking to a few free agents at the moment 

As we are unlikely to get more than 25 games out of Aneke and big question marks remain over Smyth, Bogle and Washington to score many goals. Lee and Steve and our contacts will continue to monitor strikers as well as agents of strikers getting in contact with Cafc 
    We should average 1.5 goals a game and at present we are averaging 1 goal a game.
    Many forwards have refused to drop wages which reflects how many of them have money in the bank. You can be soon be forgotten and surely earning 100 to 150k at Charlton for a season must be better than losing even more months out of your short career if you are out of contract and a free agent.

It's hard to see the goal scored, improving any time soon at Cafc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Signing Bostock would be great and all but poor Shinnie and Gilbey! I think it'd be perhaps unnecessary 
    Agreed, I'd maybe get a right sided defender in for 10 weeks on a short term deal. Then reassess in January. I reckon the player might be tempted too because it keeps them fit and earning and they can reassess in Jan too. 
    LB "ain't gonna be a striker, we're not looking there"
    Gap in the squad at the mo is cover right side defender - Is Matthews still unattached?  Might mean him swallowing a little humble pie but if we have a vacancy and he ain't got another job - 2bags a week, even if it's short term, is a whole lot better than trying to train in the park and twiddling one's thumbs til January at least.
    Keen as I always am to blow my own trumpet 
    Told You So - Told You So

ner ner na ner ner
    ner ner na ner ner

etc

😎🤪🤡🧐🤩😛
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Signing Bostock would be great and all but poor Shinnie and Gilbey! I think it'd be perhaps unnecessary 
    Agreed, I'd maybe get a right sided defender in for 10 weeks on a short term deal. Then reassess in January. I reckon the player might be tempted too because it keeps them fit and earning and they can reassess in Jan too. 
    Gap in the squad at the mo is cover right side defender - Is Matthews still unattached?  Might mean him swallowing a little humble pie but if we have a vacancy and he ain't got another job - 2bags a week, even if it's short term, is a whole lot better than trying to train in the park and twiddling one's thumbs til January at least.

ner ner na ner ner
    ner ner na ner ner

etc

😎🤪🤡🧐🤩😛
    One for the ITK list now!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

ner ner na ner ner
    ner ner na ner ner

etc

😎🤪🤡🧐🤩😛
    You didn't tell anyone anything. You actually questioned if he was still unattached. Your post was supposition.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Harsh

We had a 100% Increase yesterday over the previous game.

And it was another Welsh player Owen Goale doing the business
    Owain Goalwr surely!
    HI "I wish I'd said that"

Whistler "You will, Henry, you will"
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This may be a whoosh, but who is Darren Matthews?
    Darren Matthews was a boy who went to my school, many years ago. Real brain fart. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    William Regal in WWE
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think he's getting mixed up with Roy Mathews who plays inside right for us.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    And his Uncle Stanley, who we nearly signed in 1939.  :smile:

• Options
    Surely with Matthews back in the squad, we must be pushing up against the salary cap.  I would have to assume we will be looking to offload a couple players through sale or loan (more likely) in the next transfer window to free up space for a striker.  You would think someone like Purrington or Williams might be offloaded depending on if we have depth at their positions in January.
  • Options
    Surely with Matthews back in the squad, we must be pushing up against the salary cap.  I would have to assume we will be looking to offload a couple players through sale or loan (more likely) in the next transfer window to free up space for a striker.  You would think someone like Purrington or Williams might be offloaded depending on if we have depth at their positions in January.
    Maybe Williams but I doubt Purrington will go out on loan. Its a big ask for Maatsen to play every game at his tender age and letting Purrington go would leave us with no cover at all in that position. I don't count either Alfie (more of a wing back or winger IMO) or Oshilaja (better right sided) as good alternatives if we're looking to challenge for promotion.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe we could check to see if he is still a free agent ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

We also had Shannon but she kept hiding,  and also Bernard - he used to carve defences open. 
  • Options
    Imagine we'll just go 5 at the back, but we're looking pretty light on the wings now with Doughty injured.

Maddison + Smyth basically it (I guess Jonny can play there if needed).

No idea if we have any cap space for 1 more free agent but wouldn't be the worst idea in the world one more player there
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Harsh

We had a 100% Increase yesterday over the previous game.

And it was another Welsh player Owen Goale doing the business
    Owain Goalwr surely!
    HI "I wish I'd said that"

Whistler "You will, Henry, you will"
    I like to think that I stood on your shoulders and made a good gag even better.