Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    All I know we were talking to a free striker who played in Greece last season

'everyone rushes to google'
    Nico Gohal?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Signing Bostock would be great and all but poor Shinnie and Gilbey! I think it'd be perhaps unnecessary 
    Agreed, I'd maybe get a right sided defender in for 10 weeks on a short term deal. Then reassess in January. I reckon the player might be tempted too because it keeps them fit and earning and they can reassess in Jan too. 
    LB "ain't gonna be a striker, we're not looking there"
    Gap in the squad at the mo is cover right side defender - Is Matthews still unattached?  Might mean him swallowing a little humble pie but if we have a vacancy and he ain't got another job - 2bags a week, even if it's short term, is a whole lot better than trying to train in the park and twiddling one's thumbs til January at least.
  • Options
    I said we wouldn't sign another striker. I agree we need defensive cover. Neither Pearce or Deji are good enough if our current crop get long term injured.
  • Options

Portsmouth have signed free-agent forward Jordy Hiwula on a short-term deal until 20 January.

The 26-year-old spent the past two seasons with Coventry, playing 61 games, before leaving in the summer.

He could make his debut for Pompey against Sunderland on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54644713

• Options
    Lord Elgin.....??

You've lost your Marbles, Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrs Elgin wanted her money back.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Signing Bostock would be great and all but poor Shinnie and Gilbey! I think it'd be perhaps unnecessary 
    Agreed, I'd maybe get a right sided defender in for 10 weeks on a short term deal. Then reassess in January. I reckon the player might be tempted too because it keeps them fit and earning and they can reassess in Jan too. 
    LB "ain't gonna be a striker, we're not looking there"
    Gap in the squad at the mo is cover right side defender - Is Matthews still unattached?  Might mean him swallowing a little humble pie but if we have a vacancy and he ain't got another job - 2bags a week, even if it's short term, is a whole lot better than trying to train in the park and twiddling one's thumbs til January at least.
    It won't be Matthews. Agreed on the right sided defender but it would have to be someone who can play CB as that's a more important position than RB. With Wiredu back and Gunter one of the first names on the teamsheet we won't blow the rest of our budget on Matthews or any other out and out RB. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The problem u have with frees atm, is convincing players to sign for 2.5 bags when they have been on min 7
     Any idea what position we're looking for @Redhenry

Bright Enobakhare 
    Get him in at all costs
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not sure if it’s him we’re after but that lad is electric, he’d terrorise this league. 

If there’s room in the cap then just do it, we can patch up an injured defence with u23’s - just put Pratley and Watson in front of them.
  • Options
    LB:ain't gonna be a striker, we're not looking there"

When Bonne left for a couple of Million, Lee said we will bring in two strikers ?

Smyth is a forward/winger but not convinced he will a goal scorer to reach double figures.

What's changed his mind after the Ronnie Schwartz deal collapsed ?

Bowyer felt we needed a striker then.
    We've signed Bogle too since then
  • Options
    LB:ain't gonna be a striker, we're not looking there"

When Bonne left for a couple of Million, Lee said we will bring in two strikers ?

Smyth is a forward/winger but not convinced he will a goal scorer to reach double figures.

What's changed his mind after the Ronnie Schwartz deal collapsed ?

Bowyer felt we needed a striker then.
    Nothing changed 

He said we will bring in 2 and we brought in 2

Bogle and Smyth 

It doesn't matter who is convinced or not by Smyth yet, you are asking what has changed since Bowyer said we would bring in 2 but he bought 2 in.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Bright Enobakhare 

10 in 68 career total, best return being 6 in 18 for Coventry in League 1 in the 18/19 season.

Left Wolves via mutual consent and then again AEK Athens after 4 months. 

RedHenry says we're looking at him, Bowyer thinks otherwise. 

Fight?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't imagine there's a better 'back up' CB pairing than Pearce and Deji in this League. 
  • Options
    Bright Enobakhare 

10 in 68 career total, best return being 6 in 18 for Coventry in League 1 in the 18/19 season.

Left Wolves via mutual consent and then again AEK Athens after 4 months. 

RedHenry says we're looking at him, Bowyer thinks otherwise. 

Fight?

Get him in.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The problem u have with frees atm, is convincing players to sign for 2.5 bags when they have been on min 7
     Any idea what position we're looking for @Redhenry

I did forget about the off-side man Bogle, and we can have a debate about the versatility of Smyth who could do really well with assists but I'm convinced there is a number 9 that Lee is still looking for as he knows Chuks can't play 95 minutes every game.

@Redhenry has a good record overall about players, and was right several players were waiting to sign it's just that there was the delay with the embargo to be lifted.

In RH we trust.

Q. Do we know if the striker in Greece is British ?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Has RH named Bright Enobakhare ?
    If it's the talented Nigerian then if we can't match his wages (we can't) then I guess we have to tell him to come on our journey where he will earn big money or we will put in a clause which means he can use Cafc as a stepping stone back to the big time.

We have to sell Cafc to players now we are under new management.  Ambition has to show in words and action despite the wages cap.
  • Options
    Seems like he has the sort of record that COULD turn into a prolific one with the right club. 
  • Options
    Has RH named Bright Enobakhare ?
    He said the guy last played in Greece which ticks a pretty major box for Enobakhare. I imagine he’s the only one in that group of free agents to also have been brought through an English club’s academy and have experience of League One football.
  • Options
    He joined Coventry on loan in January in the 18/19 season and won their young player of the year award after playing only 18 games. Coventry have a decent crop of young players so it was quite an achievement at the time.

From the sounds of it, he struggles a bit with attitude issues but that’s the kind of player Bowyer can work miracles with.

I like him a lot at this level but would be concerned that adding him would make us slightly too heavy with a number of attacking options. I suspect a right footed centre back is much more likely.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Callum, I got it down to two and the other lad, Chuba Akpom (ex Arsenal) signed for Middlesbrough and has scored 2 in 4 games.

We need Steve Gallen or Thomas Sandgaard to sell the story to Enobakhare; if it's him ?

He could have a Bright future at the new Charlton. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Can't imagine there's a better 'back up' CB pairing than Pearce and Deji in this League. 

MattF said:
    It's the lack of right footed defensive cover that's the concern. We have Innis, Deji and Gunter covering 2 positions. One more would help.