Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Redhenry any update on the free agent ??
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think Sorba would have been a better bet than Smyth, but what's done is done & I doubt we will be going back in for him come January. 
    Course you do. Whatever is the opposite option of what we do must be the better option.
    Not allowed an opinion now am I  ????
    Sorry golfie but if we signed an unproven non-league nobody over Paul Smyth, who won Supporters Young Player of the Year in the Championship, was part of a league one promotion-winning side last year, and was wanted by LB & SG for the past three transfer windows, you would 100% be frothing at the mouth
    To be fair, I'd have probably been more excited by the signing of Sorba than Smyth

A permanent signing, rather than relying on loanees for a start, and with non league players there's always the thought of discovering a gem, whereas Smyth is a known quantity in terms of his league form

To be honest I'm slightly puzzled that LB & SG were so excited by Smyth that they wanted to sign him when we were in the Championship, when QPR didn't think he was good enough at that level
    Bit of a difference between being excited or thinking one is a "a better bet" though. 

I suppose LB & SG did think he was good enough. A bit like when we picked up Danny Mills from Norwich reserves. Or Kermorgant from Leicester. Can't always go by what other clubs think. 
    He'd played 70 odd games for them in two years. 
    But at the time we signed him he couldn't get in their first team & was playing left wing for the reserves
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Think Sorba would have been a better bet than Smyth, but what's done is done & I doubt we will be going back in for him come January. 
    Course you do. Whatever is the opposite option of what we do must be the better option.
    Sorry golfie but if we signed an unproven non-league nobody over Paul Smyth, who won Supporters Young Player of the Year in the Championship, was part of a league one promotion-winning side last year, and was wanted by LB & SG for the past three transfer windows, you would 100% be frothing at the mouth
    To be fair, I'd have probably been more excited by the signing of Sorba than Smyth

A permanent signing, rather than relying on loanees for a start, and with non league players there's always the thought of discovering a gem, whereas Smyth is a known quantity in terms of his league form

To be honest I'm slightly puzzled that LB & SG were so excited by Smyth that they wanted to sign him when we were in the Championship, when QPR didn't think he was good enough at that level
    Bit of a difference between being excited or thinking one is a "a better bet" though. 

I suppose LB & SG did think he was good enough. A bit like when we picked up Danny Mills from Norwich reserves. Or Kermorgant from Leicester. Can't always go by what other clubs think. 
    Ok. Does it disprove the point? 

If we can just go by what other clubs think maybe we can just get rid of Gallen and go by who's played the most for who
    No it doesn’t in fairness, and I don’t disagree with your point. 
  • Any rumours of Schwartz being released can now be completely ended lol he is still with them and playing for their reserves 

• Least he's keeping match fit if we do show interest again come January
  • I'd rather sign Michelle Pfeiffer
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:

But at the time we signed him he couldn't get in their first team & was playing left wing for the reserves
    But only because of an argument with the manager. Not because of his form. 
  • Hiwula set to join Pompey. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Hiwula set to join Pompey. 
    Until January with the option to extend to the end of the season
  • While I think we're a striker light, I'd rather wait until January to poach someone "hot" from another club, rather than take an unfit free agent.
  • Is Hiwula the free agent striker @Redhenry was talking about a few days ago?
  • MattF said:
    John Bostock? Adam Matthews? Can anyone think of any others who might’ve been on our radar or list of targets before?
  • Sage said:
    MattF said:
    John Bostock? Adam Matthews? Can anyone think of any others who might’ve been on our radar or list of targets before?
    Is Bostock a free agent or is he still contracted to Toulouse?
  • Wilshere :-)
  • another keeper to allow AMB to go out on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll be another CB. 
  • I don't see the point in signing someone for the sake of it. I'd rather we left the budget in for January and make a good signing then. I guess a CB on a short term deal until Jan could work. 
  • I don't see the point in signing someone for the sake of it. I'd rather we left the budget in for January and make a good signing then. I guess a CB on a short term deal until Jan could work. 
    This was my thinking. We need someone to be able to deputise should Inniss or Famewo get injured before Oshilaja and Pearce are back. 

• Someone to cover CB/RB would be handy at the moment with Pearce and Deji injured
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I don't see the point in signing someone for the sake of it. I'd rather we left the budget in for January and make a good signing then. I guess a CB on a short term deal until Jan could work. 
    This was my thinking. We need someone to be able to deputise should Inniss or Famewo get injured before Oshilaja and Pearce are back. 

Could be Matthew Connolly. I know he was linked before and with Gallen asking Bowyer makes sense as they were at QPR together. 
  • Were we linked with Ryan Shotton before?
    CB that has played RB, released by Middlesbrough.