Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    LB says looking for someone "down the right hand side" at press conference today
  • Options
    As I said before, Wiredu has to be wondering if he's invisible
  • Options
    LB says looking for someone "down the right hand side" (of the sofa) at press conference today

• Options
    Right winger, right back, or a combination of the two?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The problem u have with frees atm, is convincing players to sign for 2.5 bags when they have been on min 7
     Any idea what position we're looking for @Redhenry

All I know we were talking to a free striker who played in Greece last season
    Bright Enobakhare 
    That would have potential to be a great signing.
    I'm not rubbishing it, but how so... I've never heard of him, so educate me if I'm wrong, his record is shite
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Right winger, right back, or a combination of the two?

Right wing back may be favourite.
  • Options
    Can't imagine there's a better 'back up' CB pairing than Pearce and Deji in this League. 

MattF said:
    It's the lack of right footed defensive cover that's the concern. We have Innis, Deji and Gunter covering 2 positions. One more would help.
    And also you have to factor in that ,  who could fill in there isn’t an option now. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    We have been speaking to him for over a week, so my guess is we do need a striker :)
    Bowyer is good at mind games. Tell the press we do my need a striker to keep striker talks under the radar
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    As I said before, Wiredu has to be wondering if he's invisible

Why is he good enough to be our 2nd choice right back?

He’s only recently returned from injury. He also didn’t make much of an impact at Colchester last season, and right back isn’t necessarily his best position.

They may well be looking to send him out on loan to the National League where he can get a long run of games, something they’d have hoped Colchester were going to give him.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Sage said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    The problem u have with frees atm, is convincing players to sign for 2.5 bags when they have been on min 7
     Any idea what position we're looking for @Redhenry

All I know we were talking to a free striker who played in Greece last season
    Bright Enobakhare 
    That would have potential to be a great signing.
    I'm not rubbishing it, but how so... I've never heard of him, so educate me if I'm wrong, his record is shite

Bright Enobakhare has a goal a game record in Athens.

He played one game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having watched all the under-23 home games & some away games before lockdown, i don't think Wiredu once featured at right-back. Johl Powell played in that position for the second half of the season & did quite well but he is really a midfielder.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Having watched all the under-23 home games & some away games before lockdown, i don't think Wiredu once featured at right-back. Johl Powell played in that position for the second half of the season & did quite well but he is really a midfielder.
     Freddie Barton plays there for the U23's these days does he not?
  • Options

MattF said:
    Because we don't need a striker do we !
    Well we've got four... I dont think a Free Transfer Striker is going to be the answer at this stage
    Well we have four people that we expect to be up front at various times but do you honestly think that any of them are going to be consistent goalscorers ? I imagine there are a few out of contract strikers available who we were unable to afford before the transfer deadline who would do a much better job than those that we currently have that now might lower their wage demands to fit into the wage cap as 2.5 k a week might be preferable to zilch. 
  • Options
    Josh Clarke was released by Wigan before the deadline so is available again. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    God that is so depressing. Manager admits none if his FOUR strikers will get 20 goals this season but he is HOPING that they might get into double figures.

But don't worry we aren't looking to strengthen there but out on the right instead. 

Ooh aah might as well give up with his "top 6" prediction thingy.

I don't think he can really say for sure either way golfie.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    God that is so depressing. Manager admits none if his FOUR strikers will get 20 goals this season but he is HOPING that they might get into double figures.

But don't worry we aren't looking to strengthen there but out on the right instead. 

We relied on Taylor, grant and aribo to score most of our goals two years ago. 50 between them? Individuals will score less but will be spread more this time around. Doughty and Maddison should push close to double figures, plus the 4 attackers getting rotated, they should have 50 goals between them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My guess would be that Maddison will be our top scorer 
  • Options
    You mean the guy who's missed the last 2 matches due to injury. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

You might as well give up with your 'Being a Charlton Fan thingy', It must be boring being this negative.

Bowyer is a realist, what do you want him to say?

'Yeah I expect Aneke to get 40 and Bogle 29, no pressure lads.'
    Yeah, my bad for wanting a striker to score goals. 
  • Options
    Yes him 
  • Options
    Yeah and that means what exactly ?

He has missed 2 games due to injury and our top scorer currently has 2 goals.

But Maddison cant make that up according to you, you really do have some weird thoughts lol.

Personally I dont think he will be out top scorer but nothing to do with hin missing a couple of games injured, more because he is more of the assist man for me
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah and that means what exactly ?

He has missed 2 games due to injury and our top scorer currently has 2 goals.

But Maddison cant make that up according to you, you really do have some weird thoughts lol.

Personally I dont think he will be out top scorer but nothing to do with hin missing a couple of games injured, more because he is more of the assist man for me
    It means that the previous poster reckons that out top goal scorer will be someone who is currently out injured.......and we all know what our medical team is like.

Once Maddison is out on the pitch & starting to score goals then I might agree with him/her.....but until then it's all a bit of a moot point. Difficult to score from a sick bed.

Also doesn't say much for our current strikers that someone who has played just 10 mins this season & not a striker will score more goals than them.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

You might as well give up with your 'Being a Charlton Fan thingy', It must be boring being this negative.

Tell me the striker we could've signed, taking into account cap space, transfer fees and everything else that you can confidently say would score 20 for us this season.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

Tell me the striker we could've signed, taking into account cap space, transfer fees and everything else that you can confidently say would score 20 for us this season.

Domonic solanke? 😂
  • Options
    Bright has bundles of talent, but has the baggage to match it as well. Very slim chance I reckon 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    ross1 said:

No idea. Tell me what investment fund I should be putting clients money into.