Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

That is all... Except maybe that Joe Ledley geezer... 
    and Oztumer ..
  • Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..
    He looked ace in the first half against Forest to be fair... Not a lot since
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..
    Ozzy will come good. He's had a couple of games last season where he looked fantastic and most where he didn't. 

This is the level he has previously shone at and was one of our better players vs Lincoln according to some. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..

and Josh Parker...

• Scoham said:
    Waiting on TS tomorrow I think
    Cawley didn’t think that was the case earlier.
    He also thought there was a signing due. Looking less likely by the minute.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..

and Josh Parker...

And Hemed.
  • If the Marcus Maddison announcement video isn't Gallen, Bowyer & Sandgaard quietly sat in a room for a minute with Maddison walking in and saying "sorry chaps, traffic was a nightmare" then I don't care
    I want this so badly 
  • Scoham said:
    Patience. :smile:

Signings may well already have been done and they will make their announcments when it suits them to do so.

• Scoham said:

Are you saying it's Charlie Mulgrew ?
    Or Charlie Daniels ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Patience. :smile:

Signings may well already have been done and they will make their announcments when it suits them to do so.

Yeah. Like I said earlier. Tomorrow when TS is around
  • I think Madison will be a bit like Ricky Holmes, as in he'll shoot from distance and produce that little bit of magic, not everything will come off but he's an exciting player.
    This. And he can take free kicks. I don't think we scored direct from a free kick last season & the season before 1 from Taylor & 1 from Sarr.

So 2, possibly 3 goals in 2 seasons. Jonnie Jackson scored 2 in 2 games  !!!
  • From all this love in for Maddison, could be a lot of
    pissed off lifers if it goes tits up  ;)
  • Oggy Red said:
    @Dazzler21 's list has killed off the ITK people. They're now too afraid to stick their heads above the parapet for fear of being gunned down or named and shamed.

No wonder there's hardly any rumours on the rumours thread. 

What's the world coming to? :disappointed:

I think it’s just added a layer of scrutiny so we only get the quality ITK material. A filter if you will.
  • I think Madison will be a bit like Ricky Holmes, as in he'll shoot from distance and produce that little bit of magic, not everything will come off but he's an exciting player.
    This. And he can take free kicks. I don't think we scored direct from a free kick last season & the season before 1 from Taylor & 1 from Sarr.

Did he ever score another goal from a free kick after that?
  • If the Marcus Maddison announcement video isn't Gallen, Bowyer & Sandgaard quietly sat in a room for a minute with Maddison walking in and saying "sorry chaps, traffic was a nightmare" then I don't care
    And Bowyer replying....."yes, we were expecting you in January..."
  • Bulot was the best of recent years. Or Kerms
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    All new signings have had to be cancelled because Scarfy is working from home during the pandemic and Flaggy has been in self-isolation since Matt Southall used him as a face mask.
  • Leuth said:
    Bulot was the best of recent years. Or Kerms
    Bulot? Or do you mean Buyens?
  • Just seen Wilshere coming out of the local Screwfix... make of that what you will.
    I don’t believe that for one minute .... Fans4Fans are still barricading the door. No one has told them the takeover has gone through yet 😉

Oztumer got one a few weeks back in the EFL Trophy. This competitive season is off to a good start in that regards then!
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..

That was Oztumer's home debut and for 45 minutes that was the best passing I have seen from a Charlton side and the wee man was a giant.  Why he hasn't hit those heights again could be many fold. Injuries and not the same quality to play with.
    Conor Gallagher and Cullen in midfield helped ! And a ball playing CB in Naby.

He was also quality in the game in which he got injured and then out for a few months (Derby at home?).  However, he has been poor this season and not great since his return from injury earlier this year

EDIT: Injured vs Cardiff
  • edited October 2020

Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think Maddison has the potential to be a bit of a cult hero. 

About time we had someone who was a bit of a shithouse.
    Tony Watt with a bit more abilty.
    The younger of the 2 has played in the champions league, over 70 games in the championship and been capped by his country.  The older is Marcus Maddison. 
    Give me Maddison any day.

What has he done to upset you?
    Nothing.  I don't know why everytime anyone mentions him there is a massive love in.  

How many times have you seen Maddison in the flesh?

How many times is anyone considered one of the best players in league 1 for 5 or 6 season yet is still a league 1 player?

His numbers are great but there is a reason he is a league 1 player, still. 

If we sign him great.  But reading a lot of the comments, every time his name comes up, he seems to of achieved mythical status. 
    His assist record is ridiculous.

He is a league one player but we are a league one team.

I’m not expecting him to fire us into the Prem over 3 years but he without doubt has the quality to get us out of this league if we also sign a finisher. The only reason he didn’t go on to better things with Peterborough is because their defence was dog shit.

Assists can be misleading though - you only get one if someone else does their job a sticks it in the back of the net. Posh consistently have prolific strikers. We do not.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think Maddison has the potential to be a bit of a cult hero. 

About time we had someone who was a bit of a shithouse.
    Tony Watt with a bit more abilty.
    The younger of the 2 has played in the champions league, over 70 games in the championship and been capped by his country.  The older is Marcus Maddison. 
    Give me Maddison any day.

What has he done to upset you?
    Nothing.  I don't know why everytime anyone mentions him there is a massive love in.  

How many times have you seen Maddison in the flesh?

How many times is anyone considered one of the best players in league 1 for 5 or 6 season yet is still a league 1 player?

His numbers are great but there is a reason he is a league 1 player, still. 

If we sign him great.  But reading a lot of the comments, every time his name comes up, he seems to of achieved mythical status. 
    His assist record is ridiculous.

He is a league one player but we are a league one team.

I’m not expecting him to fire us into the Prem over 3 years but he without doubt has the quality to get us out of this league if we also sign a finisher. The only reason he didn’t go on to better things with Peterborough is because their defence was dog shit.

Assists can be misleading though - you only get one if someone else does their job a sticks it in the back of the net. Posh consistently have prolific strikers. We do not.
    So its still an assist then?
  • edited October 2020
    Leuth said:
    Bulot was the best of recent years. Or Kerms
    Bulot? Or do you mean Buyens?

Buyens was the Penalty king with a 100% record; 9 or 10 ?

Bulot was average to start with but after the African Nations he returned a fitter sharper player. Do you remember when Antonio, now playing at the tax payers stadium tore Wilson and Harriot a new one and put Forest 1 nil up after cutting in from the left and scoring. In the second half Joe Gomez with held from Bulot, double marked him and Cafc totally negated him and we went on to win.

Happy days which I hope return to the valley but we may have a wait.
  • BalladMan said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    IN BOWYER WE TRUST. 

and Oztumer ..

That was Oztumer's home debut and for 45 minutes that was the best passing I have seen from a Charlton side and the wee man was a giant.  Why he hasn't hit those heights again could be many fold. Injuries and not the same quality to play with.
    Conor Gallagher and Cullen in midfield helped ! And a ball playing CB in Naby.

He was also quality in the game in which he got injured and then out for a few months (Derby at home?).  However, he has been poor this season and not great since his return from injury earlier this year

EDIT: Injured vs Cardiff
    People  seem to kick.him because  he is small. Refs need to wake  up. 
    I get that.  Does not explain why he has been so poor this season and end last.  Probably not the right mix of player around him, but he needs to step up with more assists and goals this season.