Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    I think Maddison has the potential to be a bit of a cult hero. 

About time we had someone who was a bit of a shithouse.
    Tony Watt with a bit more abilty.
    The younger of the 2 has played in the champions league, over 70 games in the championship and been capped by his country.  The older is Marcus Maddison. 
  • Belv said:

Whilst I agree with Rich's sentiment here generally, when you make a teasing, cryptic post with Bowyer and a fish making it seem like something is imminent you shouldn't then be complaining if people are wondering a few hours later. 
    Trouble with some of our fans is they moan if the club announce anything and they moan if they don't. 
  • Belv said:

Whilst I agree with Rich's sentiment here generally, when you make a teasing, cryptic post with Bowyer and a fish making it seem like something is imminent you shouldn't then be complaining if people are wondering a few hours later. 
    It's so fluid at the moment, I don't what was harder. Putting together a squad last season with no money or putting it together now with not being allowed to spend the money. 

They can't afford a single mistake right now. 
  • Weren't we saying we'd dodged a bullet last year when Maddison went to SW?

A 500k bullet.
    Not a free bullet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Belv said:

It's so fluid at the moment, I don't what was harder. Putting together a squad last season with no money or putting it together now with not being allowed to spend the money. 

They can't afford a single mistake right now. 

Absolutely, I'm prepared to wait.

Just not sure Cawley can be having digs at people for wondering where signings are when he's made a completely unprompted tweet making it seem as though something was happening. What did he expect? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:

The younger of the 2 has played in the champions league, over 70 games in the championship and been capped by his country.  The older is Marcus Maddison. 
    Give me Maddison any day.

What has he done to upset you?
    This. Maddison will do more for us in 3/4 matches than Watt ever did. 
    Need to sign him first of course. 
  • Waiting on TS tomorrow I think
  • Weren't we saying we'd dodged a bullet last year when Maddison went to SW?

A 500k bullet.
    Not a free bullet.
    Given that one more goal in 6 of our last 7 games would've kept us up, he may have been worth paying for.

But of course we didn't really dodge anything, as ultimately the EFL wouldn't have let us sign him anyway.
    Unless signed by midday, they will not be available for Saturday
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Nothing.  I don't know why everytime anyone mentions him there is a massive love in.  

How many times have you seen Maddison in the flesh?

How many times is anyone considered one of the best players in league 1 for 5 or 6 season yet is still a league 1 player?

His numbers are great but there is a reason he is a league 1 player, still. 

If we sign him great.  But reading a lot of the comments, every time his name comes up, he seems to of achieved mythical status. 
    TS photo shoot at the Valley tomorrow with Schwartz, Maddison, Koiki and the phantom right back no one knows about?

Disclaimer for Dazzler: this is a (dream) guess, not an ITK comment.
  • Madison would be a fantastic signing. I love Jonny Williams but his output is very poor, no goals since joining and now spends most of his time warming the bench. 
    Convinced that if we can create chances, then eventually Washington and Bonne will get goals and Madison will certainly be a quality and proven playmaker in this league!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Get Marcus in now, and when we are in the Prem in two years we give James the chance to play alongside his brother, and Jack Wilshere

• edited October 2020
    Waiting on TS tomorrow I think
    Cawley didn’t think that was the case earlier.
  • ross1 said:
    Waiting on TS tomorrow I think
    Unless signed by midday, they will not be available for Saturday
    Can be signed at any time before the deadline and just announced once TS is there. Looking at scheduled routes from Denver to London, if he got on a scheduled flight in the next hour or two, then he'd be in London well before 8am tomorrow.
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:

This. Maddison will do more for us in 3/4 matches than Watt ever did. 
    You think he'll get 10 goals and 8 assists in 3 or 4 matches? If he does that he'll be our best signing ever. He also has to hold the ball in the corner for more than 2:22 seconds

P.s I know you don't actually mean that, and I think he has more chance of being decent for us too. 
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Nothing.  I don't know why everytime anyone mentions him there is a massive love in.  

How many times have you seen Maddison in the flesh?

How many times is anyone considered one of the best players in league 1 for 5 or 6 season yet is still a league 1 player?

His numbers are great but there is a reason he is a league 1 player, still. 

If we sign him great.  But reading a lot of the comments, every time his name comes up, he seems to of achieved mythical status. 
    His assist record is ridiculous.

He is a league one player but we are a league one team.

I’m not expecting him to fire us into the Prem over 3 years but he without doubt has the quality to get us out of this league if we also sign a finisher. The only reason he didn’t go on to better things with Peterborough is because their defence was dog shit.
    He would fit in perfectly with us then, if we don't sign some defenders. 
  • I've been banging on about Perry Ng for a couple of years so would be very happy with him. He's been linked with Championship clubs in the past though, Forest most recently. 
  • Macronate said:
    I’d be outraged if we signed Maddison. I don’t know why but it just seems like the right thing to do.
    Don't you fancy being underwhelmed, or just whelmed?