Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Real tough one but they will be fearing us as much as we fear them. First goal as always is crucial and I think they will get it. Interesting that last season Millwall stayed up with less points than we have, the league this year is crazy. Two wins should be enough for us but not on Tuesday, 3-1 Cardiff.
  • Options
    I just cant see any kind of result for us here. 3.0 ... I hope I'm wrong but I just cant see it... knowing our luck we will pick up a great result and go on a massive run of results, getting safe then getting a points deduction due to mouthall and co and get relegated 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Lapslie is in the squad, as I predicted, so there’s at least one change from the 20 at the weekend.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Lapslie is in the squad, as I predicted, so there’s at least one changed from the 20 at the weekend.
    Pratley given a complete rest and left out perhaps

Wouldnt surprise me
  • Options
    I'm getting nervous already, this should be a tough old game.
  • Options
    I'm getting nervous already, this should be a tough old game.
    Im quite relaxed about this one

Wont be shocked if we lose, anything else I'll be pleasantly surprised about - Hull / QPR on the other hand I was nervous over as felt we couldnt afford to lose them
  • Options
    Even a loss that protects our goal difference a bit would not be a total disaster.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Lapslie is in the squad, as I predicted, so there’s at least one change from the 20 at the weekend.
    How do you know, did someone tweet this?

They might bring 21 players to the game anyway, just in case of any last minute pull outs
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I'd start Deji against Millwall at RB for physicality. 

So personally against Cardiff I'd go:
    Phillips
    Matthew, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Cullen
    Morgan, Field
    Green, Bonne, Williams

Then bring ijn Deji for Matthews, Pearce for Sarr, Pratley for Field and either Morgan/Lapslie against Millwall.  I'd probably bring in Aneke for Green two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

They might bring 21 players to the game anyway, just in case of any last minute pull outs
    He travelled with the squad today, staying in Cardiff tonight in a hotel, one room per person.

They may have took more than 20 players with them, but I’d be surprised personally. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

He travelled with the squad today, staying in Cardiff tonight in a hotel, one room per person.

They may have took more than 20 players with them, but I’d be surprised personally. 
    What are they going to do in Cardiff all day tomorrow....??   Best I could do when I stayed there was a Macdonalds breakfast & a bit of shopping. Picked up a 60° lob wedge for £7 in American Golf. Result !
  • Options
    Watched the EFL Quest show from Saturday evening tonight. Didn’t realise till then that Cardiff were now in the top six and looked pretty impressive against Preston. A draw tomorrow would be a more than decent result but to get that we are going to have to play a lot better than we have so far. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Why, when we’ve kept 2 clean sheets, is there a clamour to recall purrington ? I’d keep the team the same, bar maybe Sarr for Pearce if he really can’t play twice in 4 days 
    These words! From your mouth! Glory be
    We aren’t blessed with centre back options.  If Pearce can play all the games, so much the better  
  • Options
    My statistical analysis of the various serious predictions above puts the game at

Charlton 0.6875 - 1.4063 Cardiff.

Bonne with the best part of a goal. Nabbs with a 0.4063 own goal.

1-1 if you insist on rounding.
  • Options
    7-6 win. Johnny to score 5 after being 5-1 down at half-time.

Nah that's too far fetched.

0-0 please. Forwards still couldn't hit a barn door but Dills plays a blinder.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think Cardiff will be too strong for us. 1-3 defeat looming but with Lockyer scoring from a corner for us (Locker is 45-1 anytime scorer with Paddypower if anyone’s interested).
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

What are they going to do in Cardiff all day tomorrow....??   Best I could do when I stayed there was a Macdonalds breakfast & a bit of shopping. Picked up a 60° lob wedge for £7 in American Golf. Result !
    Cardiff Castle is closed so they can't do a tour of that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do all the basics right , tight game and 0-0.
  • Options
    Palace fan in peace. I think the taffs will beat you, but I do have to begrudgingly congratulate you - well, your team - on your form after the break thus far. Lots of guts in the face of adversity - for which your manager must take a lot of credit
    Thanks.

But you're still a wanker.
  • Options
    I'm an extremely optimistic person, deluded even. Therefore I now believe we're going to win 10-0
  • Options
    I assume the players will have stayed at an isolated country hotel with training facilities. Indeed you imagine the EFL will have vetted a few places before the season restarted
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Did Pearce travel do you know?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Did Pearce travel do you know?
    I don’t know. But what we can take from the Hull experience is that I’d be very surprised if he did.

They got to the hotel early evening yesterday so that’s a long time for him to be away from his wife. If he plays today, it’s because he’s travelled up himself again, that’s only my honest opinion.
  • Options
    I assume the players will have stayed at an isolated country hotel with training facilities. Indeed you imagine the EFL will have vetted a few places before the season restarted
    At least 30 separate hotel facilities. It’s to stop two different clubs using the same facilities only days apart if they’re both playing away at another club, like a Saturday-Tuesday.
  • Options
    They could be using The Vale of Glamorgan then. Its got a golf course & it's where the Welsh Rugby team stay / train before matches at the National Stadium. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    At least 30 separate hotel facilities. It’s to stop two different clubs using the same facilities only days apart if they’re both playing away at another club, like a Saturday-Tuesday.
    Probably easier for one club cities like Cardiff, with little else going on at the moment, whereas in Birmingham you have Brum, Villa and West Brom all playing at the moment
  • Options
    Happy with a draw considering Cardiff performances since season re-start - if we do lose, hope it’s not a tonking, as that would harm confidence