Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andre Green released by Villa

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Made a really good start but he wasn't the player for a team that needed a spark once we lost our two best players. He looked like he would adapt nicely to playing as a striker like Leko did but injuries and disruptions to the season derailed him and he may as well not have been there after lockdown. There's definitely some potential there. I don't think Brentford looking at him is that unlikely; Fosu has done well enough there and he's a player who a move to Oxford seemed about right for not long ago. Getting a pacy 22 year old for free is a pretty good deal in all honesty; if you can get the best out of him then you can sell him on for proper money. Ollie Watkins scored 13 goals in League Two aged 20 and Brentford sold him on for £28m. If not then you haven't really lost anything
  • Options
    Wasn’t a striker so had sympathy with him. Would have taken him at this level given we are now looking to play wingers. Unless his wage demands were too high I’m not sure Bows was a big fan as we went after Smyth instead. 
  • Options
    Seeing as he's a free agent and can sign for anyone at anytime, I would assume that this is his agent bigging him up in an attempt to get him a team - any team - so he can start to earn some money again.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Seeing as he's a free agent and can sign for anyone at anytime, I would assume that this is his agent bigging him up in an attempt to get him a team - any team - so he can start to earn some money again.
    Probably in the summer seen himself as a Championship player and reluctant to drop lower.

He may well have had interest as a free agent while the window was closed ...... in League One at least.
    But then there's the wage cap and clubs keeping their powder dry  until January.

Not a good time for a footballer to be out of work.

• Options
    Didn’t rate him TBH....good luck to him though.....must be tough for a player with perceived potential to be released 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Could he do the Doughty role for less than £2k a week? Not in my opinion. 
  • Options
    I didn't rate Leko......and Green was even worse.

If you want a striker buy a striker. Not a winger come striker who can neither take on a right/left back or score.

• Options
    His performance at Cardiff in one of the vital end of season games was a blooming disgrace. Didn't try all evening.

There's no justice if he picks up a contract at a Championship club.
  • Options
    Leko was decent at 9 goal interactions (5g4a) in 21 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Luke Shaw was on the radio the other week saying in a couple of years time the world will be talking about Marcus Rashford the same way they discuss Ronaldo as "the best is yet to come"

Yeah okay Luke
    I can see similarities but Ronaldo does it at a world class level. Rashford hasn’t done it yet at an international level consistently.
    I’m not totally sold on Rashford but he’s playing in an international team that is built around Kane, in a defensive system , in front of an awful midfield.  * I appreciate the midfield could be good if Grealish and/ or Foden played; I’m thinking of the Henderson/ Rice/ Winks version*. 
  • Options
    Rashford cant finish! Not a natural . How does everyone rate him so much!