Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andre Green released by Villa

Comments

• Options
    Hemed not a shirker, just as slow as a cart horse and turns like one,
  • Options
    Just say what I see. 10 minutes in on Saturday jogging about like he’s just started his warm up and got slower and slower from there on. First firm challenge he wanted out - robbing a living
  • Options
    Add me to the list of those not seeing anything in Green.
    I'm not seeing any drive or desire.
    He's like a man waiting for a bus
  • Options
    Thought he was very poor on Tuesday. Harsh to say but at time it felt like we were playing with 10 men. Doesn’t offer enough via his running, creativity or finishing. Would prefer Doughty to play that position instead of Green. 

I genuinely hope we don’t offer him a contract. Not a fan of this at all.  
  • Options
    Thought he was very poor on Tuesday. Harsh to say but at time it felt like we were playing with 10 men. Doesn’t offer enough via his running, creativity or finishing. Would prefer Doughty to play that position instead of Green. 

Other than cheap youth players, I can't see us offering many contracts before we know what division we'll be in next season. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Other than cheap youth players, I can't see us offering many contracts before we know what division we'll be in next season. 
    We will probably enter the week before the new season starts and sign 5 players on loan. 
  • Options
    Yet despite being universally (and rightly) pilloried on here, he averaged over 5 on the player marks!!!  Dear oh dear. 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of those not seeing anything in Green.
    I'm not seeing any drive or desire.
    He's like a man waiting for a bus
    Hope he’s got a Brolly and a face mask.
  • Options
    Anyone know why he wasn't in the squad last night?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    had a knock apparently
  • Options
    ....based on previous performances?

• Options
    I don't think that Bowyer really fancies him .. earlier I was not averse to him joining us on a f/t basis .. now I am certain there are areas of the team where any available funds are needed more .. all depends on the league we are in next season 
  • Options
    had a knock apparently
    that's current LB spin for "bone idle piss taking arsehole who's robbing a living"
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He wasn't as bad as people are suggesting, but he was clearly uninterested or distracted for long spells.
    Sorry but I really do think he was as bad last night as people are suggesting.

Considering he was playing for his future - a lucrative contract somewhere or a 12 month deal at a League 1 club - he looked very disinterested last night. 
    how do we know he hasn't already got a deal lined-up elsewhere and is just concerned about getting injured so as not to jeopardise that?
  • Options
    Luton and Barnsley, get that, Brentford is there for the clicks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a free agent, so confused why the likes of Luton and Barnsley have waited until now if their interested
  • Options
    He was very anonymous, unless playing up front with Taylor.
  • Options
    Thought he looked very decent when he played alongside Taylor. Otherwise it never really seemed to click for him, but to be fair it didn't really click for most of the team last season. 
  • Options
    Luke Shaw was on the radio the other week saying in a couple of years time the world will be talking about Marcus Rashford the same way they discuss Ronaldo as "the best is yet to come"

Yeah okay Luke
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Luke Shaw was on the radio the other week saying in a couple of years time the world will be talking about Marcus Rashford the same way they discuss Ronaldo as "the best is yet to come"

Yeah okay Luke
    Rashford is the same age as Ronaldo was when he was getting 42 goals in a year and winning World PotY.

Anyway, back to Andre Green, wasn't that fussed by him, would hope there are better options out there.  Don't think Championship teams should be looking at him either.
  • Options

Yeah okay Luke
    I can see similarities but Ronaldo does it at a world class level. Rashford hasn’t done it yet at an international level consistently.
  • Options
    Wouldn't take him here and we're in League 1, sounds like classic agent talk to me.