Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andre Green released by Villa

Comments

• Options
    Not quite good enough.
  • Options
    I think he'll end up at Walsall .
  • Options
    Good shout! Being a brummy and will Want to get back up ther
  • Options
    Nah wont go down to League Two
  • Options
    Got to be honest, I thought he was shite again today
  • Options
    Along with Dean Smith...
  • Options
    Amazed anyone has scored him above a 5 in the player marks, even got a 7! Was dreadful. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Really poor today. Not worth a contract next season. 
  • Options
    Too slow to make decisions... he’s well off the pace and doesn’t anticipate 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Certainly NOT worth signing but I expect he would be out of the question on our wage budget THANK CHRIST.
    Edit after Cardiff match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Until tonight I thought he was a confidence player and so always applauded him for effort etc. But tonight he just seemed disinterested. Aneke chased everything in there half, yet Green with the pace didn’t and was ineffective in the box too. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Maybe the fact he’s been released by villa has knocked his confidence at the moment, hope Lee can pick him back up and get his confidence back.
  • Options
    Off the pace today, really should of laid the ball off to Doughty on a couple of occasions, strongly doubt he’ll play for us next season but you’d hope he would take it as a chance to be in the shop window.

I reckon he’ll be a Coventry player next season.
  • Options
    Maybe the fact he’s been released by villa has knocked his confidence at the moment, hope Lee can pick him back up and get his confidence back.

IMO he doesn't seem to be showing determination or desire. There's no hunger there.

Bowyer will have picked up on that.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    He wasn't as bad as people are suggesting, but he was clearly uninterested or distracted for long spells.
  • Options
    Contributed nothing and seemed to run away when the ball was heading his way.
    The only disappointment of an excellent night.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Could be that he’s not fit, but he looked massively disinterested for an out of contract player. 
    Or like Taylor, has he already got something lined up and doesn’t want to get injured?
    Either way I’d go with Aneke, Hemed, Bonne and Davison ahead of Green now.
  • Options
    He's looking shit but I wouldn't put it past Bowyer being a tactical wizard that he's misusing him so we can sign him on a cheap deal this summer (assuming we have budget constraints) and next year he starts looking mustard. But that's just the optimist in me. 

On a more serious note - it seems he has a mental block. He doesn't seem with it: ability is definitely there, and he can worry defenders with a bit of pace and a low centre of gravity (therefore trickery)... but it's not really come together all that well. Think he'd be a potentially useful signing, if wage demands were suitable to our financial situation, but definitely still a risk.
  • Options
    6 more games to earn a deal. I wouldn’t write him off after only his first start post lockdown, especially playing a more defensive withdrawn role, but he’ll need to do a lot more than that in the remaining games to be worth a new deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Talal said:
    Amazed anyone has scored him above a 5 in the player marks, even got a 7! Was dreadful. 
    (Hi)

Team performance, i thought he worked hard just nothing really came off. I dont think he was terrible tbh probably our worst player on the day but i was a tad generous with some marks :)
    Also i would add that he did frustrate me in bits 
  • Options
    He was saying all the right things on social media before the restart so I was surprised to see him look so uninterested last night. Maybe a fitness thing? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He wasn't as bad as people are suggesting, but he was clearly uninterested or distracted for long spells.
    Sorry but I really do think he was as bad last night as people are suggesting.

Considering he was playing for his future - a lucrative contract somewhere or a 12 month deal at a League 1 club - he looked very disinterested last night. 
  • Options
    Possibly, but can we afford to play someone who's head isn't in the right place? Despite the last three games we are still in danger and Bow must know the team can't carry passengers. Not suggesting the boy can't play but not. it would appear, at this moment in time.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bowyer would be playing Williams wide left or Doughty or Morgan, if he didn't think Green was good enough. 

Green has the ability and is obviously doing more than we see in training. He looked extremely pissed off with himself when subbed.

He has 6 games to earn that contract. 
  • Options
    think alot are being quite harsh on him here, there's a player in there that's for sure....whether LB can get that out remains to be seen
  • Options

The only good game he's had for us that I recall was against Barnsley at home.

• Options
    I would add he didn't really suit the game, Aneke did well to come back and get involved. Green looked like he was often out of the game, could have been he was playing a free role? I like him on the right coming in/ or up top when we have a few chances he can look better. Just one of those games where it didn't necessarily bypass him but he didn't have a huge impact. He didn't look to me disinterested but thats my opinion.