Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Queens Park Rangers | Sat 27 Jun | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Explains why Matt Smith wasnt on the bench against Hull... Although I hate to say, who would you have dropped to include him?

In a way I'd question who we should drop in favour of George Lapslie as he does have a great engine, only change I think we'll see in the 20-man squad is Green for Davison
    In practice we will need to rotate players in the next few weeks anyway, and being realistic it would be amazing if we don't pick up injuries as well
  • Options
    I recall when my wife went into labour we were playing away to Spurs and it was nil nil (how it ended). I was listening on the radio and kept saying we don't want to get there too early. I managed to listen until the end. I was right too, it took ages from getting to the hospital and him being born.  
  • Options
    Got 0-0 written all over it this has. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If we can't win. Don't lose.
    Cheers Michael Owen.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    Got 0-0 written all over it this has. 
    Id be happy with that provided the bottom three all lose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-5
    Hemed x3
    Bonne
    Oztumer
    Thats a lot of own goals?
    I know we’re at home so maybe subconsciously I think we’re fucked?
  • Options
    Might get a bit damp and floppy in the covered end if it rains too much tomorrow
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Rash of Mrs P to give birth during a game against an opponent her husband's replacement has already scored against this season ;)
    Hope you and Nabby are well stocked with IPA in this weather, Leuth ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very interesting this one. It’s one of them games where we could either win or lose 3-0, and I can’t say I’d be shocked at either. 

I think it all rests on how well we can shackle Eze and Bright Osayi-Samuel. If we can keep them occupied i.e. Pratley breaking some legs within the first half - then their defence will naturally open up and it’s down to the boys to capitalise. 

This 9 game mini season is all about momentum. 

If we can get 3 points here then I can see us going on a run and absolutely storming to safety. If we lose however, I can’t see us taking many more points. 

Up the addicks
  • Options
    Very interesting this one. It’s one of them games where we could either win or lose 3-0, and I can’t say I’d be shocked at either. 

I think it all rests on how well we can shackle Eze and Bright Osayi-Samuel. If we can keep them occupied i.e. Pratley breaking some legs within the first half - then their defence will naturally open up and it’s down to the boys to capitalise. 

This 9 game mini season is all about momentum. 

If we can get 3 points here then I can see us going on a run and absolutely storming to safety. If we lose however, I can’t see us taking many more points. 

Up the addicks
    Lets see if I got this right, if we win against QPR we will be on a roll and storm up the league to safety, but if we lose this game, we have had it and we will tumble to relegation. Lucky it is not a must win game then  :)
  • Options
    Really cannot call this one. Think we will struggle for goals and knowing Charlton we will not do things the easy way. It would be such a big 3 points f we could grab them and they are there for the taking. 1-0 QPR
  • Options
    really don’t Know re tomo on basis no Pearce I’m Still going back 5 with wing backs
                       Phillips 
    matthews Lockyer Pratley Sarr Doughty
               Morgan Cullen Williams 
                     Hemed bonne 

amos desi Purrington Field McGeady green otzumer Davison Aneke 

that’s my team 2-1 win Morgan to celebrate new contract and hemed To score first for us too 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Earlier this morning, I was reading the Valley Review, all about Seb. I then got a notification on my phone from Facebook, saying I have a memory. I open it, and it’s my post from 8 years ago saying about a major operation I had on my knee. Check the post to remind myself and who is first person that commented? Seb.

May not mean anything, as life is full of strange coincidences, but it got me a little emotional even after reading the tribute to him in the special edition of this Valley Review.

I said it last week, to think about Seb and every other supporter who we have lost in this time and who won’t ever get the opportunity to go to our home again. But with the first home game back tomorrow, it brings it back and I just felt it was almost a surreal moment from this morning.

Anyway, 3 points tomorrow will be absolutely huge for us ahead of a very tough week next week.

I have faith the boys will go out and do the business.
    Out of curiosity, and with the greatest respect to the poor fella, what was his CL user name?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Earlier this morning, I was reading the Valley Review, all about Seb. I then got a notification on my phone from Facebook, saying I have a memory. I open it, and it’s my post from 8 years ago saying about a major operation I had on my knee. Check the post to remind myself and who is first person that commented? Seb.

May not mean anything, as life is full of strange coincidences, but it got me a little emotional even after reading the tribute to him in the special edition of this Valley Review.

I said it last week, to think about Seb and every other supporter who we have lost in this time and who won’t ever get the opportunity to go to our home again. But with the first home game back tomorrow, it brings it back and I just felt it was almost a surreal moment from this morning.

Anyway, 3 points tomorrow will be absolutely huge for us ahead of a very tough week next week.

I have faith the boys will go out and do the business.
    Out of curiosity, and with the greatest respect to the poor fella, what was his CL user name?
    If the question is even slightly aimed at me, I genuinely have no idea. There will be of course people who do know, but that remains up to others to decide if it’s appropriate.
  • Options
    Just under 6 hours till kick off and I’m shitting it , literally but that’s Cadbury’s....
    I fear for us 
    McGeady , Hemed , Williams , Morgan , Doughty the naturals will need to provide the magic 
    Chucks or Davison can conjure something up too 

I know it’s disrespectful but i think we  know what we’ll get from us, a solid 6/10 performance , we need the opposition to be shit to stand a chance of winning but if QPR put in any sort of reasonable performance it’s a draw at best without a load of luck.

Theres my cheerful views this matchday , fingers crossed for the rub of the Andre 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Feeling good about today. Comfortable win. Charlton 2 - QPR 0 Taylor gets two with Davis and Solly picking up an assist each. 
  • Options
    Got 1-1 draw all over it.