Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Queens Park Rangers | Sat 27 Jun | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to see Jonny Williams start. He can be subbed when we're two-nil up. And I agree with whoever it was who asked for McGeady to take the corners rather than Cullen. He can take the free-kicks too!
    I've probably gone from over-pessimistic to over-optimistic in the space of one result but that's nothin new in the life of a Charlton fan! Charlton 2-0 QPR.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can't see us scoring more than one and that will be a struggle. Even our best players (Cullen, Williams, Morgan) rarely score. Can't keep relying on our defenders to nick goals. 

Can't see them scoring less than one and there is no real home advantage in an empty stadium.

0.1 or 0.2.

Depression and gloom descends as rivals pick up points.
    Neither Williams or Morgan have scored for us have they?

I know Cullen has a PK and one against Gills. 
    A definite lack of goals in the squad, especially in midfield. Last season we were heavily dependant on goals from Taylor, Grant and Aribo
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I can not see past a narrow loss. 0-1 or 1-2. It's important one of Hemed, Davison, Bonne or Aneke score. 

I'd go with the the old 41212 

Phillips 
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce| Oshilaja
    Pratley
    Field | Cullen
    Williams 
    Bonne | Hemed
    I think that's our best chance of points. 
    Sorry Dazzler but dropping Morgan after that performance would be a travesty.

Phillips
    Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja 
    Pratley
    Williams, Cullen, Morgan
    Hemed, Bonne 

Williams in for McGeady, with a Pratley masterclass on Eze.  I think they can be scored against, but are very underrated going forward.

2-1 Bonne, Morgan.
  • Options
    I think Sarr for Pearce and Purrington for Oshi. He might want to stick with McGeady, as there’s a school of thought that says he needs a run of games to get going.
  • Options
    Can't see us scoring more than one and that will be a struggle. Even our best players (Cullen, Williams, Morgan) rarely score. Can't keep relying on our defenders to nick goals. 

Can't see them scoring less than one and there is no real home advantage in an empty stadium.

0.1 or 0.2.

Really living up (down) to your username there... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    QPR are the Champs third highest scorers (58) and yet have conceded a whopping 63 goals, 'bettered' only by Hull and Luton .. QPR were just humbled by second from bottom Barnsley, they should be smarting and will not want to lose a London Derby .. if we nick a 1-0 lead we can't afford to do what we usually do, sit back and defend .. the win at Hull will have given the squad a massive confidence boost .. I can't see us losing this, BUT we'll need to be brave and attack them from the off .. Sarr for Pearce @ForeverAddickted .. pray why ? ((:>)

CAFC 2 v QPR 1
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

0.1 or 0.2.

Neither Williams or Morgan have scored for us have they?

Well, it's about bleddy time they did!

One of them may break his duck on Saturday.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    QPR are the Champs third highest scorers (58) and yet have conceded a whopping 63 goals, 'bettered' only by Hull and Luton .. QPR were just humbled by second from bottom Barnsley, they should be smarting and will not want to lose a London Derby .. if we nick a 1-0 lead we can't afford to do what we usually do, sit back and defend .. the win at Hull will have given the squad a massive confidence boost .. I can't see us losing this, BUT we'll need to be brave and attack them from the off .. Sarr for Pearce @ForeverAddickted .. pray why ? ((:>)

CAFC 2 v QPR 1
    Part of me has a small feeling that Pearce wont be available due to Mother Nature

Although that bloke would probably just play and then run over to an iPad so he can see the final stages of the birth during the drinks break

But then have him on the bench as question if a ball playing Defender like Sarr might be better against this lot
  • Options
    Reckon QPR will nick this one unless our forwards step up.

0-1
  • Options
    Don’t think QPR are anything special but then neither are we. 1 - 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFC 2 v QPR 1
    Part of me has a small feeling that Pearce wont be available due to Mother Nature

Although that bloke would probably just play and then run over to an iPad so he can see the final stages of the birth during the drinks break

But then have him on the bench as question if a ball playing Defender like Sarr might be better against this lot
    they score a good few goals, Sarr is just too unreliable under pressure .. let's hope Mrs P can hang on until Saturday night at the earliest 
  • Options
    Can’t see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    Can see a few changes. Let's be positive. Hopefully we take confidence from the Hull game regardless how poor they were. Need another win which would set us up nicely with 7 to go. 2-1. Hemed and a first for Morgan. COYRs
  • Options
    I'm counting on the fact QPR are more or less safe, can we keep them out though? I'm not sure so 2-1.
  • Options
    We were lucky to get away with a draw at loftus road  , they should have been 3-0 up at halftime.  Luckily they don't have much to play for , as Barnsley proved ar the weekend . I think we will create chances , but it was the finishing against Hull that let us down  . Bowyer and team seem really upbeat at present so I'm going 2-1 to the reds .
  • Options
    Does Fotmob know something we don't or is this a load of rubbish?

• Options

CAFC 2 v QPR 1

they score a good few goals, Sarr is just too unreliable under pressure .. let's hope Mrs P can hang on until Saturday night at the earliest 
    On the other hand it was Sarr who produced the equaliser when we met at Loftus Road, great scenes after he scored and on the way out
  • Options

Thanks again, @ForeverAddickted

I do worry about their threatening pace. Our defence seems to always struggle with pacey wingers/forwards. Can see Purrington in at LB for this game.

I'm going for a draw in this one. This relegation battle will not be an easy ride, that's for sure.

How would Purrington help against a pacy winger?
  • Options
    We need the points a lot more than they do. Keep Eze quiet and we stand a fighting chance. Back to back 1-0 wins - Green packs the punch
  • Options
    Much appreciated ForeverAddicted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

I do worry about their threatening pace. Our defence seems to always struggle with pacey wingers/forwards. Can see Purrington in at LB for this game.

I'm going for a draw in this one. This relegation battle will not be an easy ride, that's for sure.

It was poor to choose that sentence straight after and not start a new paragraph. Apologies for confusion. 

I think Purrington will be used as Oshilaja was only there for a tactical reason last Saturday...  Bowyer mentioned about their winger being left footed. Wasn’t directly related to any additional pace he may offer, which I don’t believe he does for the matter.  
  • Options
    As big as Hull.  Win and we are looking very good, especially if Sheff Weds get a points deduction.  Lose and we are right in the brown stuff with Cardiff, Millwall and Brentford our next 3 games.

5-4 Charlton
  • Options
    I think that our greater desire/need may make the difference. I certainly hope so.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

It was poor to choose that sentence straight after and not start a new paragraph. Apologies for confusion. 

I think Purrington will be used as Oshilaja was only there for a tactical reason last Saturday...  Bowyer mentioned about their winger being left footed. Wasn’t directly related to any additional pace he may offer, which I don’t believe he does for the matter.  
    Fair play.  

I appreciate that Purrington is an orthodox left back but it doesn’t make him any good.  I’d personally prefer Doughty or Oshilaja 
  • Options
    We can win this game, if we do it will just be the breathing space we need (at least for a week lol) I have a feeling it will be a 1-1 draw, although nothing to play for we need to stop Eze.
  • Options
    Bowyer reminds us that us fans should stay away from our games.
  • Options
    Going for a 1-1 draw
  • Options
    Win number 2 in a 9 game winning sequence as Bowyer shows yet again in his third campaign season as manager that his team’s football thrives on warm weather pitches
  • Options
    I think that this restart has really shown the importance of hunger and desire in players and there isn't many better managers in the league at getting his players to play to the best of their ability than Bowyer.

I think these are two really good games to have started with post lockdown. Hull because they are rubbish and QPR because they seemingly don't want to be out there and have nothing to play for.

I just can't see us not being right at it on Saturday and think that providing we don't concede in the first ten minutes to get QPR's tails up, this being anything other than a Charlton win. 

A few people have talked about it being harsh to 'drop' this player or that player. I think we have to look at it that Bowyer wont be 'dropping' people in the conventional sense, he will only be rotating things so he picks the team he thinks has the best chance of winning that game. Hence why Deji played in the last game.

2-0 Charlton, purely because we want it more.