Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Well that’s annoying that it’s not for international viewing.
    I’ll have to make do with Walsall v Sheffield Wednesday on ESPN. Deep joy.

No idea why the EFL doesn’t have the same rules in place for their cup as they do for league games? Let fans watch their team if it’s not selected for broadcast.
  • Options

No idea why the EFL doesn’t have the same rules in place for their cup as they do for league games? Let fans watch their team if it’s not selected for broadcast.
    You can watch the game today... Its just £10 with no choice of getting the game for £5 using a VPN 
  • Options
    edited September 2020

You can watch the game today... Its just £10 with no choice of getting the game for £5 using a VPN 

What you say is true I suppose but that doesn’t mean it’s not a silly rule. Almost like the EFL forgot that their cup exists.

Anyone recommend a good VPN for getting back to the UK? Not something I’ve had to worry about the last two seasons...
  • Options

What you say is true I suppose but that doesn’t mean it’s not a silly rule. Almost like the EFL forgot that their cup exists.

Anyone recommend a good VPN for getting back to the UK? Not something I’ve had to worry about the last two seasons...
    I just presumed you were in the UK
  • Options

Someone suggested Opera browser to me last week, comes with a free VPN.

• Options
    You need a vpn. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Someone suggested Opera browser to me last week, comes with a free VPN.

Unfortunately Opera VPN only lets you select a region rather than a specific country - Great when you need to be out of the UK, not so when its the other way ard
  • Options
    Maybe there are some free 24hr trials. If you are abroad, you are not going to need it much.
  • Options
    I used Opera for a while but became problematic. Now use Expressvpn and had no problems. Obviously I wouldn't use them to watch the games, that would be plain naughty...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    VPN switched on, no option to watch the Swindon match.

Talal said:
    Is it just the cup games that are domestic only? No international option for this one. 
    Appears that way for the League Cup

EFL Trophy had the international option
    Just seen this.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    VPN switched on, no option to watch the Swindon match.
    Turn it off... Only available for UK viewers (Unless your abroad in which case set your VPN to the UK)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    Good point well made.

SurfEasy is my VPN, very good for the price too.
  • Options

Supporters will be able to watch Charlton league games this season live on Valley Pass.

All league games, except those selected for UK or international broadcast, will be available to purchase with a match pass which costs £10 in the UK and Ireland and £7 internationally – pricing is set by the EFL.

Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £140, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season.

Information on how supporters who purchased a full season ticket can access home games should they be unable to attend because of government regulations, will be confirmed in due course.

For away games, because of EFL regulations, season ticket holders in the UK and Ireland will have to purchase individual match passes.

Match passes for Saturday’s game against Crewe Alexandra have gone on sale.

Supporters can purchase a match pass by clicking here.

Supporters can purchase a pass using CAFC Cash by clicking here – the deadline for purchasing with CAFC Cash is 1pm of Friday, September 11th.

Please note, passes purchased with CAFC Cash for the 2019/20 season have now expired and will not get you access to Saturday’s game.

Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.

There were a handful of supporters who had problems with PayPal purchases on the Live Video Pass for the women's team game at the weekend. This issue has been corrected but if you were one of the individuals please email website@cafc.co.uk.

• Options
    £7 bloody cheek. 
  • Options
    I am trying to use the cafc cash. however the link seems to keep sending me in a loop. Is this the same for everyone? 
  • Options
    How do others read this?

Does it mean all 46 games will be available to view this year (except any live on Sky) on Valley pass or just games until such times as normal admission arrangements apply?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    How do others read this?

Does it mean all 46 games will be available to view this year (except any live on Sky) on Valley pass or just games until such times as normal admission arrangements apply?
    So the way I read it:

Home and Away games are available for UK viewers to purchase for the time being

When normal arrangements apply:

Home / Away games will only be available in the UK when a game is midweek, Saturday 3pm games will return to the blackout

If a game is selected for television coverage in either situation then the game wont be on ValleyPass
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    How do others read this?

So the way I read it:

Home / Away games will only be available in the UK when a game is midweek, Saturday 3pm games will return to the blackout

If a game is selected for television coverage in either situation then the game wont be on ValleyPass
    That’s on a game to game basis. I watch us lose in the spanners cup final on VP,  even though it was on sky, as I brought the package.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do others read this?

So the way I read it:

That’s on a game to game basis. I watch us lose in the spanners cup final on VP,  even though it was on sky, as I brought the package.
    I wonder if the Millwall game was a special case as we'd purchased the package for the remaining games
  • Options
    I know that Football League clubs dont get the TV revenue like the Premier League do

But I love how we're all having to pay for our games whilst fans of Premier League sides dont!!

It might be impossible to show all games on SKY but just stick them on iFollow for free?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Supporters will be able to watch Charlton league games this season live on Valley Pass.

All league games, except those selected for UK or international broadcast, will be available to purchase with a match pass which costs £10 in the UK and Ireland and £7 internationally – pricing is set by the EFL.

Supporters living abroad can purchase a season live video pass for £140, which will give them access to every game the club is allowed to stream internationally during the 2020/21 season.

Information on how supporters who purchased a full season ticket can access home games should they be unable to attend because of government regulations, will be confirmed in due course.

For away games, because of EFL regulations, season ticket holders in the UK and Ireland will have to purchase individual match passes.

Supporters can purchase a pass using CAFC Cash by clicking here – the deadline for purchasing with CAFC Cash is 1pm of Friday, September 11th.

Please note, passes purchased with CAFC Cash for the 2019/20 season have now expired and will not get you access to Saturday’s game.

Should you have any questions or queries on this year’s streaming, please email website@cafc.co.uk.

There were a handful of supporters who had problems with PayPal purchases on the Live Video Pass for the women's team game at the weekend. This issue has been corrected but if you were one of the individuals please email website@cafc.co.uk.

Aliwibble, or anyone else - please help me.  I want to buy a £10 voucher for the Crewe game.  So I can watch it on my computer.  I jumped through all the hoops.  But at PayPal the system crashed or something.  And I tried again.  Crashed again.  There is no lack of funds in my bank account.

I went through all this shyte just a few months ago, for the last nine games of season.  It took me AGES to get the fucking thing to work and actually accept my money for a pass.  Now it is doing it AGAIN.  What the hell is the matter with this crappy little club?

Please help me to buy a pass for the Crewe game.  
  • Options
    What web browser are you using... Best advice I can offer is that you try on different browsers as have never had an issue with it myself like that
  • Options
    @viewfinder I don't work for the club, so can't help with that. My guess would be that you may need to clear down your cookies and your cache in your browser, but Foreveraddickted's advice about trying a different browser would be a good start.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Aliwibble, or anyone else - please help me.  I want to buy a £10 voucher for the Crewe game.  So I can watch it on my computer.  I jumped through all the hoops.  But at PayPal the system crashed or something.  And I tried again.  Crashed again.  There is no lack of funds in my bank account.

I went through all this shyte just a few months ago, for the last nine games of season.  It took me AGES to get the fucking thing to work and actually accept my money for a pass.  Now it is doing it AGAIN.  What the hell is the matter with this crappy little club?

I had to try several times with PayPal as my preferred payment method.....I did the classic turn off and turn on again manoeuvre and low and behold it worked.🤗
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

I had to try several times with PayPal as my preferred payment method.....I did the classic turn off and turn on again manoeuvre and low and behold it worked.🤗

Try this helpful guide:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXtIivRRKQ
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    aliwibble said:

It STILL doesn't work.  I jump through all the hoops, get in to Paypal - but at the checkout a 404 Error message pops up.  Thwarted, yet again.

I have tried several times this morning - same thing.

I went through all this for the pass at the back end of last season.  The whole process is thoroughly confusing and frustrating.

In this sequence of trying to buy a voucher for Crewe, the part where you fill in your address is accompanied by two buttons.  One says 'Update billing details', the other says 'Complete'.  I have no need to update billing details, because they haven't changed.  So I pressed 'Complete' - and it just sends you back to address page, blank, so you have to do it AGAIN.

So I pressed 'Update billing details' - and filled in my debit card details AGAIN.  Got through to Paypal, was accepted - and am thwarted at checkout.

I have been watching Charlton for 55 years.  I want to pay my money and watch the game at Crewe.  But a stupid fucking computer program won't let me!

Please help!
  • Options
    Hang on, why are you filling in your debit card details if you're using paypal?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Hang on, why are you filling in your debit card details if you're using paypal?
    Because the 'Update billing details' section on the CAFC part of the process asks me too.  It is the only way out of the page that asks for my address.  Other than 'Complete' - which sends me back to the address page again!

Unless I'm missing something...