Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Paid 10 of my hard earned cafc cash to watch Brentford and ended up having to watch it on a dodgy stream because of the terrible quality and constant buffering on valley pass. I'll not be making that mistake Saturday 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    dmjn said:
    Paid 10 of my hard earned cafc cash to watch Brentford and ended up having to watch it on a dodgy stream because of the terrible quality and constant buffering on valley pass. I'll not be making that mistake Saturday 
    I have had very few issues on VP. I'm often surprised when people report 'constant buffering' or 'terrible quality' as it streams smoothly in 720p for me.
    I've had a few stutters in the QPR game and now and then the commentary is out of sync but never anything big.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    dmjn said:
    I have had very few issues on VP. I'm often surprised when people report 'constant buffering' or 'terrible quality' as it streams smoothly in 720p for me.
    I've had a few stutters in the QPR game and now and then the commentary is out of sync but never anything big.
    Worked fine for me the couple of times I bought away games earlier in the season. Literally couldn't watch two minutes of Brentford without the little loading circle appearing 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We got our first new telly for 10+ years this week (it’s just mainly for kids gaming, spoilt fuckers but too many rucks over 1 PS4 between 4) and the tv only has internet access .
    I’m clueless how would be best to watch from Valley Pass on it .
    I had a look yesterday and could go online but couldn’t get rid of the address bar at  the top of page that took an inch or two off the picture , I then did some mirror thing from iPad valley pass to tv that looked decent .
    i don’t understand all that stick a hdmi cable from laptop in to tv business (not even sure if I have the right cables ,where would they come from ) and forget all that do it from PlayStation bollox cos it took hours of agg to set that shit up so not touching that.
    We have decent speed on internet and never had buffering issues from any of the games so far .

separately and having looked online there doesn’t appear to be , does anyone know a “simple” work around to getting Skygo to appear on a Sony TV , doesn’t appear that it’s possible and all blocks are put on it by Sky , I just get the sound with a message saying pic not available when I’m doing screen mirroring from iPad to telly .
    One day we’ll upgrade our sky boxes to sky Q but the current boxes aren’t in the room where the new tv is .

sorry to anyone who wasted their time reading that shit , I know I usually skim over it when I’m hunting for Clive’s helpful links on here !
  • Options
    I’ve paid for the pass for Saturday and just get this. Any ideas?

• Options
    Now getting this too 

• Options
    dmjn said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    dmjn said:
    Worked fine for me the couple of times I bought away games earlier in the season. Literally couldn't watch two minutes of Brentford without the little loading circle appearing 
    That’s exactly what happened to me. It worked for 20 seconds then the blue loading circle came in for 20 seconds...and so on.

Out of interest who is your broadband with?
  • Options
    Watched all the games so far on my MacBook without any problems. Virgin Media broadband.
  • Options
    We got our first new telly for 10+ years this week (it’s just mainly for kids gaming, spoilt fuckers but too many rucks over 1 PS4 between 4) and the tv only has internet access .
    I had a look yesterday and could go online but couldn’t get rid of the address bar at  the top of page that took an inch or two off the picture , I then did some mirror thing from iPad valley pass to tv that looked decent .
    i don’t understand all that stick a hdmi cable from laptop in to tv business (not even sure if I have the right cables ,where would they come from ) and forget all that do it from PlayStation bollox cos it took hours of agg to set that shit up so not touching that.
    We have decent speed on internet and never had buffering issues from any of the games so far .

separately and having looked online there doesn’t appear to be , does anyone know a “simple” work around to getting Skygo to appear on a Sony TV , doesn’t appear that it’s possible and all blocks are put on it by Sky , I just get the sound with a message saying pic not available when I’m doing screen mirroring from iPad to telly .
    One day we’ll upgrade our sky boxes to sky Q but the current boxes aren’t in the room where the new tv is .

sorry to anyone who wasted their time reading that shit , I know I usually skim over it when I’m hunting for Clive’s helpful links on here !
    I can't answer the technicalities, but in terms of HDMI cable I have one running from the TV to the Virgin Tivo (set top box). I simply unplugged it from the Tivo and plugged it into the laptop HDMI port, takes a matter of seconds. The laptop picture then also appears on your TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone had any luck sideloading Valley Pass on an Android TV?
    Or is it possible to Chromecast the game from a laptop to a TV?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

I don't know how I end up doing this as I randomly click stuff until something worth trying comes up.
    However I have been able to watch on my downstairs living room television set without using wires and cables to connect.
    Upstairs in the little room I have an Apple Macintosh Computer. It might be called an imac and must be getting on for five or six years old.
    I have a cable connection to the outside which gives me broadband internet connection.
    I have some kind of device that sends a wireless fidelity signal around the house amongst all the spaghetti.
    Downstairs I have a Sony Bravia 4K (?) Television Set with a Virgin Tivo Box attached to it by cable.
    It is presumably what they call a 'Smart' television set, I can go through a menu and get netflicks, iplayer and you tube for example.
    Anyway what I do is turn on the Television Set to an ordinary basic broadcast like BBC 1.
    Upstairs I get to the match coverage from the Charlton Athletic website (not at all easy or straightforward mind you).
    Once the picture is showing I go to the full screen.
    Then comes the random bit.
    By prodding around the little pictures surrounding the big picture I get the word 'cast'.
    I hit that and it comes up with some number which turns out to be my downstairs television set.
    I hit that, go downstairs, and the picture showing is no longer BBC 1 but the picture showing on my upstairs computer.
    Hence no wires or cables to connect.
    I can then watch more comfortably downstairs on a bigger screen.
    At the end I go up to the computer to exit the Charlton coverage and for some reason the Television Set downstairs goes back to BBC 1.
    So I guess that the computer sends a signal to the television using wireless fidelity.

warning...I might be doing everything wrong and it is all random luck!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't know how I end up doing this as I randomly click stuff until something worth trying comes up.
    However I have been able to watch on my downstairs living room television set without using wires and cables to connect.
    Upstairs in the little room I have an Apple Macintosh Computer. It might be called an imac and must be getting on for five or six years old.
    I have a cable connection to the outside which gives me broadband internet connection.
    I have some kind of device that sends a wireless fidelity signal around the house amongst all the spaghetti.
    Downstairs I have a Sony Bravia 4K (?) Television Set with a Virgin Tivo Box attached to it by cable.
    It is presumably what they call a 'Smart' television set, I can go through a menu and get netflicks, iplayer and you tube for example.
    Anyway what I do is turn on the Television Set to an ordinary basic broadcast like BBC 1.
    Upstairs I get to the match coverage from the Charlton Athletic website (not at all easy or straightforward mind you).
    Once the picture is showing I go to the full screen.
    Then comes the random bit.
    By prodding around the little pictures surrounding the big picture I get the word 'cast'.
    I hit that and it comes up with some number which turns out to be my downstairs television set.
    I hit that, go downstairs, and the picture showing is no longer BBC 1 but the picture showing on my upstairs computer.
    Hence no wires or cables to connect.
    I can then watch more comfortably downstairs on a bigger screen.
    At the end I go up to the computer to exit the Charlton coverage and for some reason the Television Set downstairs goes back to BBC 1.
    So I guess that the computer sends a signal to the television using wireless fidelity.

warning...I might be doing everything wrong and it is all random luck!
    Same tv and that appears to be what I done via ipad , i'll go with this , cheers 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    If you've got an android tv you can watch it on the browser. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Edit: sorted....I think 
  • Options
    Hope audio issues will be fixed for this weekend, it was doing my head in midweek.
  • Options
    Hope audio issues will be fixed for this weekend, it was doing my head in midweek.
    It seemed to correct itself around 60 mins in. 
  • Options
    Can you just purchase the live video stream without being a member of Valley Pass?
  • Options
    joeaddick said:
    Can you just purchase the live video stream without being a member of Valley Pass?
    You have to register for Valley Pass (but that's not the same as being a registered member paying £5pm).
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    Nice one. Will give it a go tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    Now getting this too 

I had this screen when I purchased this morning but it now has the black currently not broadcasting screen now so assume everything is ok.
  • Options

Please see below for information on how season-ticket holders and non-season ticket holders access Saturday's game against Reading live on Valley Pass.

All supporters planning to watch are advised to run a test stream during the week to make sure everything works. Once they have purchased a pass supporters can access the test stream here on laptop or desktop or on the Valley Pass app on mobile devices and tablets.

On the day, supporters are advised to tune in to the live stream between 30 minutes and one hour before kick-off.

Charlton’s game against Reading will be available for all fans to watch with an individual match pass on Valley Pass.

Supporters are able to purchase the pass for £10 by clicking here. Supporters who purchase this way do not receive a code, they will get instant access following their purchase.

Supporters who have purchased using CAFC Cash will have been sent a code which they need to redeem. If the code doesn't come through, they are advised to email website@cafc.co.uk.

Please note the deadline for using CAFC Cash to purchase Saturday's game against Reading has now passed.

Please note, purchasing an annual or monthly Valley Pass subscription will not get a supporter access to Saturday’s game – to watch the game, they will need to purchase the specific match pass or have a specific access code.

Subscribers based abroad, who have purchased the annual match pass and have been watching games all season, will have no disruption to the normal service. 

Supporters having problems with the process can refer to our regularly updated frequently asked questions page.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f060268822a7/get-your-live-streaming-pass-for-charlton-v-reading

• Options

Fans who have purchased a pass for today’s game against Reading, which kicks-off at 12.30pm, can watch their live stream as follows:

Click here to watch on laptop or desktop: https://live.cafc.co.uk.

If you are trying to access the game on a mobile or tablet you have to download the Valley Pass app, to watch the stream simply click the ‘live’ button.

If you haven't purchased a live stream pass for the game yet, it is not too late. Click here to purchase.

We would recommend tuning in between 11.30am and 12pm to give yourself time to solve any problems.

Remember, if you purchased with CAFC Cash or through the ticketing website, you will need to redeem a code to access live streaming.

If you purchased directly through Valley Pass you do not need a code.

If you have any questions or queries please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Fans from around the world can watch Saturday’s game against Reading, click here to purchase your pass.

Please note, supporters are advised to test their stream in advance of today's game. If you have the appropriate entitlement for today's game you will see the below when accessing the test stream.

Not broadcasting
     If you do not see that screen but get a different error message then please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    my LG tv browser doesn't seem to let me log into valley pass? it says form cannot be found when i try logging in. I do all the captcha stuff etc. any ideas?  
  • Options
    Currently have a load of advertising on my stream so is up and running
  • Options
    Can I get this on mobile?
  • Options
    Ignore, read above
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    my LG tv browser doesn't seem to let me log into valley pass? it says form cannot be found when i try logging in. I do all the captcha stuff etc. any ideas?  
    Suzi,

I’ve had no luck in using my LG tv browser.
  • Options
    My record since restart.
    Watched two games. Lost both.

It's me. I'm steering well clear!
  • Options
    How long before game does the Valley pass stream start..?I'm still getting the black screen