Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reemergence of Morgan

Comments

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Morgan is the modern day Mortimer

Wash your mouth out son , he's not fit to lace the boots of the most graceful wizard of our time 
    Agreed 
  • Options
    If only we had Jensen on our coaching staff... Albie will come good under the right coach. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If only we had Jensen on our coaching staff... Albie will come good under the right coach. 
    Not the player I choose to improve someone's tackling : - )
  • Options
    Might help his goalscoring though! His passing is already Jensen like. 

Albie will end up as a CAM before long. 
  • Options
    Degrassi miniwebisodes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not the player I choose to improve someone's tackling : - )
    If Albie's attitude is right, then Bowyer is the right coach.

We'll know if Morgan adds tackling and goals to his game.
  • Options
    Bowyer is honest with players which enables him to talk straight with players. 

Morgan responded and earned his reward. Good lad.

I hope he signs up and continues his development with us as he could become a very good player.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Morgan did make three wheelers.
    OK I didn't know that. If you google image Morgan cars none turn up that I could see, so probably not that many?
    They have never made that many of anything. I seem to remember that when they first started, all their cars were three wheelers, classified as a cross between a car an a motorbike. 

Remember watching a series called Troubleshooter with Sir John Harvey-Jones in the 90’s where Morgan was featured and he tried to get them to build more, they told him to eff off if I recall correctly.

at that time they were producing wood framed 4 wheelers but I think I also remember a top gear where they announced reintroducing the three wheeler. Over their history probably as famous for producing three wheeled cars as they are for continuing to use wooden frames and hand building their cars. 
  • Options
    Strangely, their three wheeled cars are considered great driver's cars. I say strangely because most three wheeled cars are not stable. They only exist because of a loophole in regulations that allowed people to drive them without a license. It may be the rear wheel being at the back in the Morgan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Morgan has always been highly rated at the club and is by everyone on the management and playing side. Just because Bowyer has said in the past he needs to work on the defensive, positional and ugly side of the game, doesn’t mean he doesn’t think highly of him. It’s the opposite in fact. Bowyer when he was young needed to work on that side of the game and be prepared to learn, that’s what he was expecting from Morgan.

Morgan should’ve gone out on loan back in August last year and for one reason or another he didn’t. He ended up going to Ebbsfleet instead.

For Bowyer, the fact he has come back much fitter and leaner tells him that Morgan is willing to work, willing to improve and take the advice. His talent is not the question. I actually think Bowyer see’s a lot of himself in Morgan.

The club want him to stay, his family am I pretty damn sure would want him to stay. Once we have got through this mad period of games, contracts will be sorted out, Morgan will sign, don’t panic.
    I really hope we don't have another young player leaving for peanuts if he shines in this period and attracts another club...
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Morgan has always been highly rated at the club and is by everyone on the management and playing side. Just because Bowyer has said in the past he needs to work on the defensive, positional and ugly side of the game, doesn’t mean he doesn’t think highly of him. It’s the opposite in fact. Bowyer when he was young needed to work on that side of the game and be prepared to learn, that’s what he was expecting from Morgan.

Morgan should’ve gone out on loan back in August last year and for one reason or another he didn’t. He ended up going to Ebbsfleet instead.

For Bowyer, the fact he has come back much fitter and leaner tells him that Morgan is willing to work, willing to improve and take the advice. His talent is not the question. I actually think Bowyer see’s a lot of himself in Morgan.

The club want him to stay, his family am I pretty damn sure would want him to stay. Once we have got through this mad period of games, contracts will be sorted out, Morgan will sign, don’t panic.
    I really hope we don't have another young player leaving for peanuts if he shines in this period and attracts another club...
    That's the trouble these days. Getting excited about a young player seems to be pointless because you know that as soon as they start knocking in a few goals, and grabbing some attention, a bigger club will come in, and off they'll go.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It can sometimes be easy to forget that Albie is just 21. 

Very good point. I still feel there is potential with him, just needs a bit more consistency and to cut out some of the silly mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    mendonca said:

Very good point. I still feel there is potential with him, just needs a bit more consistency and to cut out some of the silly mistakes.
    I feel like this and if I'm honest, I can't make my mind up on him. On one hand he has the odd great game and people are shouting out for him to be starting. He then has a couple of awful games and he's dropped. He's been in and around the first team for quite a while, but I can't make my mind up. Is he just ok with the odd superb performance but lacking the consistency to be considered a valuable member of the squad (yes he should get better given his age). Or has he been treated unfairly and not had the opportunity to progress with an extended run in the team. 

Personally I still feel JFC and Gilbey are ahead of him the team and we'll keep one of Pratley/Watson. We need a physical midfielder like Camara at Plymouth and a creative one chipping in with goals like Fraser at MK. I do feel Morgan will benefit from a loan spell so he can iron out the inconsistencies and build up confident with regular game time. 
  • Options
    Unbelievably gifted footballer. Absolutely zero doubts that he’ll go on to have a very respectable career. 

I hope he’s a main starter next season. Pairing him up with someone like Scott Fraser in midfield would be outrageous at this level. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It has been said repeatedly that young emerging players can be inconsistent, it is a big leap to the first team, and young home grown players are easier to either move about or drop from the team/squad (see also early Jonathan Fortune).
    Old hands at watching emerging players would probably agree that potential is often seen when players are one of the best ones playing with their peers.
    Albie was eye catching in that context.
    It would not surprise me if Nige gives Albie every chance.

On a side note has Ben Watson really been that much of a step up from George Lapslie?
    They play different roles, Watson sitting in front of the back four/five, while Lapslie has done well at Mansfield as a goalscoring midfielder.

A better question is Gilbey that much of a step up from Lapslie. 
  • Options
    Morgan has re-emerged a few times. He needs to find some consistency now.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    mendonca said:

Silly mistakes?
    What like the senior pros he's has wrapped around consistently all season making mind numbing decisions and errors. 
  • Options
    Albie has had a bit of a roller coaster year.  In the late fall,  it seemed Bowyer was starting to trust him and he was playing regularly.  Then Albie was forced to quarantine and allegedly Bowyer wasn’t pleased with the circumstances that led to the quarantine.  When Albie came back, he was in an U23 match,  looked excellent in attack but wasn’t tracking back on defense.  Suddenly he wasn’t in Bowyers plans.  I really think a change to Adkins will be helpful for Albie to have a fresh start
  • Options
    I’m not convinced he’s got what it takes but I hope to be proved wrong .
  • Options
    Morgan has re-emerged a few times. He needs to find some consistency now.

He needs to be played consistently for that to happen. 
  • Options
    True, but when you break into a side you have to sustain performance levels for a period, which I don't think he has done yet. Not to say he won't, I think he will, but he hasn't yet. 
  • Options
    Exactly, I want to see him have a 10 game stretch, but it can't be a pattern of the first 2 games being excellent, then 2 okay, then 2 completely passed by. That's where intensity and doing the basics right come into things.

It's a tough position to nail in the team, as we are blessed with the evergreen Pratsons there too.