Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot 2020

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020

Today: 2 separate 6 horse e/w acca's:

1.15 Ouzo / Maydanny

1.50 Juan Elcano / No selection

2.25 Kipps / Bodyline

3.00 No selection / Barney Roy

3.35 Montatham / Willie John

4.10 Sunshine City / Mighty Gurka

4.40 Collide / Ranch Hand

Potential Wins: £15833 / £108,948

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Interested to see how The Mighty Gurkha goes in the 4:15. He absolutely tore apart the Lingfield AW last week, granted it was a class 5 Maiden. Looked like it could be something special.

Edit: Just see what Paddy wrote about him! 😂
  • Options
    I'm going for Wargrave at 66/1 EW in the 3:35 for no better reason than that's where I live.

Otherwise I'm hanging on to you guys' coat tails, as always. Thanks all for your thoughts.
  • Options
    No idea, in all honesty most half guesses sometimes jockey/ trainer but generally pot luck so dont follow:
    1:15: Brian Epstein 9/1
    1:50: Berlin Tango 5/1 (single aswell) 
    2:25 Kings Caper 11/1
    3:00 - Lord North 13/2
    3:35- Alrajaa 10/1
    EW lucky 31 , not hopeful but you never know. 
  • Options
    Certainly want a high draw in the big field sprints 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

1:50: Russian Emperor
    2:25 Kings Caper
    3:00 - Addeybb
    3:35- Wargrave 50s ... fancy this each way ... also backed Alrajaa

• Options
    Salayel
    Russian emp
    kings caper
    Lord north 
    fox champ/whatsthestorey (may as well
    big price it)
    none
    collide 
  • Options
    First Receiver and Juan Elcano in a forecast 
  • Options
    Juan Elcano for me too. Then I saw Mascat (never wrong) so that’s a small e/w for me too.
  • Options
    Boom, great ride
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020

Another victim of abuse of the whip. Perhaps you missed it.

From racing.com (Italics are mine):

Champion jockey Ryan Moore was suspended for excessive whip use for his winning ride aboard Circus Maximus... 

British Horseracing Authority stewards suspended Moore for two days for using his whip above the permitted level from approaching the final 200 metres. 

Aidan O'Brien, trainer of Circus Maximus, noted post-race: "The problem is he is lazy and that is why he wears blinkers. It is only when the tempo is really high that he actually races so I think a mile and a quarter (2000-metre) and a mile and a half (2400-metre) trips don’t allow him to focus. So, I would imagine he would stay at a mile.

Like a fighter, if you don’t get his blood up, he doesn’t really bother. The pace of the mile races allows him to get his blood up."

You're right, I missed it. He shouldn't keep the race. Two days as a ban is too light (given it'll probably be enforced on some random Sunday and Monday somewhere).

As for the bold... aye. That's the way with some horses. A jockey should still be skilled enough to motivate without recourse to overuse. And it's a little disingenuous to bold stuff that isn't necessarily to do with the whip, especially as O'Brien immediately (italics my own) mentions "the pace of the mile race" in specific reference to "[getting] his blood up".
  • Options
    That was a great ride by Moore.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

1:50: Russian Emperor
    2:25 Kings Caper
    3:00 - Addeybb
    3:35- Wargrave 50s ... fancy this each way ... also backed Alrajaa

Just backed Oleksander e/w in next too
  • Options
    Bright Melody was trapped wide all the way round. That's a bit rubbish.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Luke Morris has given Bodyline a stinker of a ride. Pulled him right back at the start and then hits a wall of horses. He must have run a furlong extra in zigzags.
  • Options
    jesus, that was impressive

• Options
    James Doyle best in the business imo.
  • Options
    Had Pogo there in 3rd each way at 25’s. Out of stall 23.
  • Options
    Dont fancy anyone in the next but hyde park fell out of stall when lost to mowhawk and is drawn high. Good for price.
    also given Silvestre a go at 100s 
  • Options
    Tactical had the stand side rail, massive advantage with a 2 year old. Might Gurkha got me place money on SkyBet, wondered about when it got tired. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 left in the ITV7
    £100k if Collide wins the next
  • Options
    Fuijara Prince has destroyed them. Beautiful looking horse as well.
  • Options
    1 left in the ITV7
    £100k if Collide wins the next
    You would have hoped the person put an accy on and cashed out 
  • Options
    The going is now soft 
  • Options
    Can't be arsed with a big sort of write-up but a couple that caught my eye for each race. Wherever I don't mention Doyle or Dettori, please assume I do mention them, as they have several interesting mounts:

1.15 - Maori Knight and Grand Rock, both e/w (think at bigger odds Ya Hayati for James Doyle could spring a surprise)

1.50 - Sir Dragonet wins this fairly well if coming on for his warmup run; King Ottokar is Hugh Taylor's tip each-way but odds have rather collapsed. Lots of potential chances with extra places - Aloe Vera and Extra Elusive are really interesting.

2.25 - King Leonidas could be a beast but I'd rather side with Celestin for the win, and Mister Snowdon/Mystery Power each way. Mister Snowdon is two from two (like the favourite) while Mystery Power could go in each-way despite the ground not being quick as he'd like.

3.00 - Battleground looks an absolute machine on breeding, so probably best for win purposes, but with eight runners and three places, each-way scumbaggery abounds aboard First Prophet, who did well despite a little greenness. 

3.35 - I think opposing Stradivarius is silly but Technician could be a very, very good horse. 10/3 is no sort of price though and I'd rather have Cross Counter or Mekong each-way.

4.10 - Ben Linfoot tips Kondratiev Wave; but Hugh Taylor goes for Great Ambassador, who has a form line helped immensely by Pyledriver going back a few races. And his time figures stand up to inspection. Finest Sound is half a stone well-in so can't be ignored as favourite, while Dance Fever intrigues me as an outsider.

4.40 - African Dream is due a 16lb rise and could make a mockery of her handicap mark at the moment. But I'd rather have Soffika each-way and Separate could go well at a huge price.
  • Options
    1.50 - Sir Dragonet

2.25 - King Leonidas

3.00 - Modern News

3.35 - Technician

4.10 -Kahloosi

4.40 - African Dream
  • Options
    Mountain angel in this / fox tal toalso go well
  • Options
    To James Doyle the spoils in the Wolferton. Moore had no real path on Sir Dragonet, did quite well for second I think. 
  • Options
    - tritonic 2nd 
    -mountain angel 1st 
    - not sure just gone for a big price ropey 50/1 and ventura lightning
    - nothing in 4th
    - nothing 5th. Hard to oppose stradi as just love him. But getting heavy...
    - 6th kaloosy or big price kondrietiv wave
    - soffika (altho no sure now with going)