Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Ascot 2020

Comments

• Options
    Battaash absolutely pissed that. Whew. 
  • Options
    Never been a race. Pissed it.
  • Options
    Had £20 on both Glass Slippers and Liberty Beach so only burnt £40 thankfully.
  • Options
    Bollox.
    Beans on toast this week
  • Options
    Just checked back on my predictions written at 9am this morning. Why the hell didn’t I put on an e/w Acca? Gutted
  • Options

Small stakes, small returns but that was a fun half hour. Get in there Pyledriver. :-)
  • Options

• Options
    Place/Win/Win/Win/Win.........aaaaargh!!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Could’ve put an offer in for the club!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Make sure you put your predictions for tomorrow in here please lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Small stakes, small returns but that was a fun half hour. Get in there Pyledriver. :-)
    A win is still a win well done
  • Options
    For once changing my mind last minute has worked a treat. Put Circus Maximum and Frankly Darling into my 4-folds so guaranteed a return. Small stake so will only be going wild if last two go in (Nazeef and Land of Oz). 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I've done the same - win/win/win/3rd/win. The place could be very costly!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Imagine if you had put my Pyledriver in your acca! Wow!
  • Options
    Another winner for Crowley/Al Maktoum
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Imagine if you had put my Pyledriver in your acca! Wow!
    Would have had all 6 now Nazeef has gone in. 

Good day, but only 10p 40 folds and 4p 5-folds
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Trefoil would be my only fancy today. Think Battaash and Mogul go in and the prices are prohibitive. 

Nazeef and Moon King are hardly imaginative tips for the penultimate and last races today, but only the Ribblesdale has been worth my attention I think, so I'd ignore me! Tomorrow seems a bit more promising. 
    Well, hardly imaginative, but even so lol
  • Options
    For once changing my mind last minute has worked a treat. Put Circus Maximum and Frankly Darling into my 4-folds so guaranteed a return. Small stake so will only be going wild if last two go in (Nazeef and Land of Oz). 
    Oh-oh, could be going wild soon buddy!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Fingers crossed for you in the last race
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The logic I put behind opposing Frankly Darling earlier, I’ll flip it on it’s head and back Dettori on a 50.0 (BFEX) shot here - Pianissimo. Fingers crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Fingers crossed for you in the last race
    Cheers. Got a bit excited going into the straight!
  • Options
    3 winners not bad.
  • Options
    Has chippy been banned or something?
    It says he last commented on this thread but i dont see it
  • Options
    Think he has some sort of shadow ban stemming from some stuff going down in the House of Commoners that I didn't happen to be privy to at the time.
  • Options
    1.50 tomorrow berlin tango beat piledriver last time out 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Think he has some sort of shadow ban stemming from some stuff going down in the House of Commoners that I didn't happen to be privy to at the time.
    Ta mate. Not really looked at that place till now but can imagine it gets out of hand
  • Options
    Absolutely. If, like me, you have no balls, then it's also worth each way scumbaggery with some at 11/2 - eight runners, so three places. The penalty is a slight concern. I think Kenzai Warrior is worth considering compared to Juan Elcano given he finished mid-division after completely ballsing up the start in the 2000 Guineas. Top two in the market are impossible to ignore though.

1.15 - Obviously a race to consider each way filth though a lot of people fancy Ouzo, the favourite, even if that's unimaginative/obvious. Zhui Feng at 20s loves Ascot and well worth a look, and Plantadream is talented. If I had to pick a likely winner then I suspect Maydanny (6s or 13/2) could make a mockery of the handicapper.

NB Hugh Taylor goes for Ambassadorial, and Ben Linfoot Salayel.

(1.50 is above - Berlin Tango then Kenzai Warrior. Ben Linfoot mentions Berlin Tango but doesn't tip him.)

2.25 - Mark Johnston wins this a lot and has Frankie aboard King's Caper (14s with Bob's lot, 10s and 11s elsewhere), and Andrea Atzeni on Glenties at a huge 33/1 or so (probably rightly). I think KC is likeliest of Johnston's entries, but my fancy comes in the form of the Buick/Appleby partnership in Bright Melody (anywhere from 5s to 6s) who shaped as if a step up would be welcome when third last time out, that form also boosted by Pyledriver. But this is a race where I would want to concentrate on each-way players. In no particular order they are Arthurian Fable, To Nathaniel, and Trumpet Man.

NB Ben Linfoot fancies Bright Melody as well as Arthurian Fable.

3.00 - Japan looks easily the classiest but prohibitive to back. I think Addeybb will overcome ground issues for a huge challenge, while Barney Roy has to be massively feared too. Probably a watching brief mainly though, and hopefully a cracking race!

3.35 - Value hunting time! You could make a case for pretty much every runner here. If Afaak (12s generally) can return at his best he has every chance. And he won this last year, with a second in 2018, so worth chancing with the excellent Cieren Fallon on board. The Gosden runners are rightly at the top of the market, but a little short-priced for a handicap so deep, and reflecting that, going with Indeed each-way when loads of firms are offering six (even seven) places makes a bit of sense. 

NB Ben Linfoot tips Fox Premier and Petrus, and he's much more worth listening to than me lol.

4.10 - A load of once-raced horses. This could be literally anything. All I'd say is that if you're not going to avoid the race, you should be avoiding Mighty Gurkha, because Archie Watson is 3-54 with two year olds in Pattern-class races (Soldiers Call being two of those three), despite a great record on 2yo debut. If I'm proved wrong by the one horse I've named here, then we have a very good horse around, and I will look like a right mug.

4.40 - Both Hugh Taylor and Ben Linfoot have tipped Ranch Hand (9/2) which has rather decimated the odds but I will go with their collective wisdom. I think both Dubai Horizon and Eddystone Rock have each-way possibilities (both around 16s). At even longer odds, Hochfeld is a very interesting runner given how long he's been off the track, and lurks on a dangerous mark. Fujaira Prince is a worthy favourite. But I'm not going to follow my dubious nose here!

Caveat emptor!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Absolutely. If, like me, you have no balls, then it's also worth each way scumbaggery with some at 11/2 - eight runners, so three places. The penalty is a slight concern. I think Kenzai Warrior is worth considering compared to Juan Elcano given he finished mid-division after completely ballsing up the start in the 2000 Guineas. Top two in the market are impossible to ignore though.

1.15 - Obviously a race to consider each way filth though a lot of people fancy Ouzo, the favourite, even if that's unimaginative/obvious. Zhui Feng at 20s loves Ascot and well worth a look, and Plantadream is talented. If I had to pick a likely winner then I suspect Maydanny (6s or 13/2) could make a mockery of the handicapper.

(1.50 is above - Berlin Tango then Kenzai Warrior. Ben Linfoot mentions Berlin Tango but doesn't tip him.)

2.25 - Mark Johnston wins this a lot and has Frankie aboard King's Caper (14s with Bob's lot, 10s and 11s elsewhere), and Andrea Atzeni on Glenties at a huge 33/1 or so (probably rightly). I think KC is likeliest of Johnston's entries, but my fancy comes in the form of the Buick/Appleby partnership in Bright Melody (anywhere from 5s to 6s) who shaped as if a step up would be welcome when third last time out, that form also boosted by Pyledriver. But this is a race where I would want to concentrate on each-way players. In no particular order they are Arthurian Fable, To Nathaniel, and Trumpet Man.

3.00 - Japan looks easily the classiest but prohibitive to back. I think Addeybb will overcome ground issues for a huge challenge, while Barney Roy has to be massively feared too. Probably a watching brief mainly though, and hopefully a cracking race!

3.35 - Value hunting time! You could make a case for pretty much every runner here. If Afaak (12s generally) can return at his best he has every chance. And he won this last year, with a second in 2018, so worth chancing with the excellent Cieren Fallon on board. The Gosden runners are rightly at the top of the market, but a little short-priced for a handicap so deep, and reflecting that, going with Indeed each-way when loads of firms are offering six (even seven) places makes a bit of sense. 

NB Ben Linfoot tips Fox Premier and Petrus, and he's much more worth listening to than me lol.

4.10 - A load of once-raced horses. This could be literally anything. All I'd say is that if you're not going to avoid the race, you should be avoiding Mighty Gurkha, because Archie Watson is 3-54 with two year olds in Pattern-class races (Soldiers Call being two of those three), despite a great record on 2yo debut. If I'm proved wrong by the one horse I've named here, then we have a very good horse around, and I will look like a right mug.

4.40 - Both Hugh Taylor and Ben Linfoot have tipped Ranch Hand (9/2) which has rather decimated the odds but I will go with their collective wisdom. I think both Dubai Horizon and Eddystone Rock have each-way possibilities (both around 16s). At even longer odds, Hochfeld is a very interesting runner given how long he's been off the track, and lurks on a dangerous mark. Fujaira Prince is a worthy favourite. But I'm not going to follow my dubious nose here!

Caveat emptor!
    Not quite sure what ground issues you are talking about with Addeybb. It's already on the soft side and there is rain due tomorrow. He loves soft ground.
    Whether he is good enough to beat Japan is another matter. The softer it is the better his chance will be. 
    To me tomorrow looks like an awful day to be betting. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Caveat emptor!
    Not quite sure what ground issues you are talking about with Addeybb. It's already on the soft side and there is rain due tomorrow. He loves soft ground.
    Whether he is good enough to beat Japan is another matter. The softer it is the better his chance will be. 
    To me tomorrow looks like an awful day to be betting. 
    I think he needs it softer still, though, to overcome Japan. I suppose "issues" was a bit strong, but I think the going is still a little good. But I hope I'm very wrong!
  • Options
    Pulled out 4 yesterday and turned a lovely profit! Hoping I get the same sort of luck today starting with maydanny, Johnston horse is the first!