Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Morgan - Murder In The Car Park

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Wonder why the new evidence has come to light now?
    Someone found the key to the filing cabinet?
  • Options
    Just watched the channel 4 programme after reading this thread, really good watch.
  • Options
    Just watched the channel 4 programme after reading this thread, really good watch.
    Where you watch it trying to find it
  • Options
    Met Police apologise over Daniel Morgan murder probe
  • Options
    Thought of this the other day when the the how Edwards/sun story came out. There's loads in the podcast about this murder about how the tabloids operate
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Billyboy said:
    The wife found it somewhere on smart TV.....maybe Channel 4 I-player.
  • Options
     :open_mouth:  

there have been five inquiries and an inquest, at an estimated cost of more than £40m.

• Options
    Billyboy said:
    Murder in the Car Park. It's a Channel 4 programme but not available on streaming at the moment. Keep an eye out for it being repeated on TV or re-added to streaming. 

• Options
    very good documentary and needs to be shown again for those who missed it. maybe with another update. Though the update wont give anything new. Just another apology from the Met but a settlement has been agreed. 

Sad that this has never been and will never be resolved. Tarnished the Met for many, including me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not confident that the Metropolitan Police are free of corruption, abuse, and individual and personal racism. There have been too many instances of wrongdoing to make me believe it is all Dixon of Dock Green.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am not confident that the Metropolitan Police are free of corruption, abuse, and individual and personal racism. There have been too many instances of wrongdoing to make me believe it is all Dixon of Dock Green.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with any of that to be fair.
  • Options
    I worked with the wife of a police officer. He and she were adamant that the police conduct over the Stephen Lawrence murder was as pure as the driven snow.
    Sadly I think there are elements remaining in the police who would either agree with that, or exercise the mental gymnastics needed to shift the blame for deliberate police conduct elsewhere.
  • Options
    Sir Mark Rowley apologised... saying the case had been "marred by a cycle of corruption, professional incompetence and defensiveness that has repeated itself over and over again"

Even now the Met's head is obfuscating and downplaying the Met's own criminality.  The root cause for the absence of justice here is police corruption.  The rest is just bullshit.
    Rowley is still using smoke and mirrors in the vain belief it is deflecting us from the truth.
    The Met's fear for its supposed reputation wasn't a major motivation for denying justice, it's a hoped for sort of credible attempt at bluster.  The fundamental corruption throughout the Met ensured that the perpetrators weren't going to be brought to justice.  The depth to which that corruption is ingrained meant every supposed reinvestigation of the murder and every PR exercise claiming to root out the Met's own wrongdoers were defeated before they even began. 

As for incompetence - nah that's total bullshit - this level of corruption leaves no room for incompetence.

The absence of any worthwhile investigation into the murder is down to corruption.
    The failure of every investigation onto the Met's conduct during and since is down to corruption.
    We've no idea if Morgan was silenced by fulltime criminals or by policemen fearing exposure.
    But police corruption, and not just at the Met, has relentlessly denied justice.

The continuing inability to pursue any of the wrongdoers is because that corruption remains right up close to the highest level.

It remains to be seen if any police officer or private investigator is ever able to circumvent the wrongdoers and bring anything like the truth or any of the names out into the open.

Same goes for the rest of the Stephen Lawrence murderers.  Their liberty is protected by the corrupt relationships that persist from street level to the top floor at Scotland Yard.
    The 6th perp's ID only leaked out months after he died.  
  • Options
    Makes you wonder just how many cases of police injustice there was prior to CCTV & DNA evidence, never mind body cams. Must run into the 1000s over the preceding years and it’s not much of a leap of faith to suppose there’s still plenty going on now. 
  • Options
    This was in The Golden Lion carpark, a pub frequented for many a year by @Miserableoldgit he more or less knew everyone who would drink in there, which included several well known local murderers.
    I believe he was actually there on the night this happened, yet was never once questioned by the police!
    Yep, true dat.
    Was there just before last orders, t'was the same evening as the Norwich City win in The Full Members Cup Semi-Final at Selhurst. Arranged to meet Dad in there but he didn't go because of the time the game finished. Got a 75 bus there from Selhurst. 
    Still waiting to be interviewed......🙄🤔

This is amazing that there are people on this thread, @Miserableoldgit, @CafcWest (?), and others ? who were at the pub or used to go there regularly, or lived locally, who haven't to this day been interviewed. 
  • Options
    Yep - I was born in Sydenham and lived there most of my life until my 30's.  Used to frequent the Dolphin mainly and across the road to the Golden Lion regularly for music and (in those days) occasional strippers on a Sunday lunchtime.  I may well have been in there on the evening in question but had no knowledge of it until a few days later... but even back then I seem to remember rumours of police involvement as we couldn't understand why everything was so quiet...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    you could say that about any institution or company with many employees
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Wilma said:
    Billyboy said:
    Murder in the Car Park. It's a Channel 4 programme but not available on streaming at the moment. Keep an eye out for it being repeated on TV or re-added to streaming. 

We watched it back in May (over 3 nights on the trot...15th-17th) can't recall where though but it was on smart TV, so maybe Channel 4 I-player.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    Are they also funded by the tax payers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    Irrelevant

If X% of people are racist/sexist/homophobic/ginger/fat then you would expect around that % in any walk of life

the issue here is how have the Met dealt with it 
  • Options
    You can find it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/fQiHdLtyZq0
  • Options

Blocked in the UK it says. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:
    Irrelevant

If X% of people are racist/sexist/homophobic/ginger/fat then you would expect around that % in any walk of life

the issue here is how have the Met dealt with it 
    I don't think it is irrelevant. The reason it's such a big story is because it's the police.

I also disagree with your point that X is a fixed percentage across all work places. However, I don't have either the inclination or desire to type long conversations out.
  • Options

Blocked in the UK it says. 
    Sorry mate, I live in France!