Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Morgan - Murder In The Car Park

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure I went to the Golden Lion in the 70s a few times.

Robbie Vincent DJ'd there a bit.  In fact a mate of mine won a whole handful of records from him for burping louder than anyone else.  Robbie Vincent went on to a long successful career ... although he dropped the burping competition from his act as it became more sophisticated ... I think.

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Just watching episode 3.
    Nobody ever has "parked outside the front" ofThe Golden Lion, it's a main road. 
    The only place you can park a car near The Golden Lion is behind the pub, or, in Trewsbury Road.
    Just saying........

Back in 87 you were able to park out front ,despitet main road.
    You’d have to park with two wheels on the pavement if you did.....rarely seen anyone park there for very long.....busy bus stop directly opposite on the other side of the road into the bargain. Wouldn’t leave enough room for two busses or a large lorry to pass plus a parked vehicle of any size.
    Always was a very dodgy place to park right outside.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Robbie Vincent DJ'd there a bit.  In fact a mate of mine won a whole handful of records from him for burping louder than anyone else.  Robbie Vincent went on to a long successful career ... although he dropped the burping competition from his act as it became more sophisticated ... I think.

Correct.....it used to get packed to the rafters, could take you a full 5 to10 minutes to get from the front door to the back.
    Went there every Friday night for a couple of years.
  • Options
    I seem to remember that Colin Cameron, Alan Honey and I ended up in there a few times on the way back from Selhurst. 
  • Options
    Just started watching it after knowing not too much about it.

To my shock I've just realised I've had dealings with Fillery! (after he retired from the met).
     nasty piece of work.
  • Options

Correct, I used to go there to hear Robbie Vincent DJ. He used to d his Radio London show lunch time, and appear in The Golden Lion on Saturday nights. Early to mid seventies. 
  • Options

Correct, I used to go there to hear Robbie Vincent DJ. He used to d his Radio London show lunch time, and appear in The Golden Lion on Saturday nights. Early to mid seventies. 
    Me too.  Grew up in Sydenham although the Dolphin was my 'local' I used to drink in the Lion a lot for the music and Sunday comedians and topless dancers!  I think I might have been there on the night...
  • Options
    I seem to remember that Colin Cameron, Alan Honey and I ended up in there a few times on the way back from Selhurst. 
    Where you would have met up with Miserableoldgit.....it was his local for many a year.
  • Options
    Is this a low-rent SE London version of "Murder on the dance floor?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very interesting to see the Danial Morgan podcast, The Untold, getting a mention on Line of Duty last night. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Completely unwarranted intervention by the Home Secretary to delay the publication of the report into Daniel Morgan's death, commissioned by one of her predecessors.  If the Home Secretary wanted to make the public think she is trying to hide something, she is going about it in the right way. 

Daniel Morgan's family deserve to be told the full, unvarnished truth about his murder and the failure of the police to bring suspects to justice.  Even if that truth contains unpalatable details about police corruption, the role of the establishment and the leniency with which newspapers were treated in the 1970s, 1980s and subsequently. 
    Patel is an absolutely poisonous woman - awful - there is no doubt some redaction taking place as I write - would be good if the full unaltered report was leaked
    This with bells on . 

• Options
    Patel is H!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Chizz said:
    Completely unwarranted intervention by the Home Secretary to delay the publication of the report into Daniel Morgan's death, commissioned by one of her predecessors.  If the Home Secretary wanted to make the public think she is trying to hide something, she is going about it in the right way. 

Daniel Morgan's family deserve to be told the full, unvarnished truth about his murder and the failure of the police to bring suspects to justice.  Even if that truth contains unpalatable details about police corruption, the role of the establishment and the leniency with which newspapers were treated in the 1970s, 1980s and subsequently. 
    Patel is an absolutely poisonous woman - awful - there is no doubt some redaction taking place as I write - would be good if the full unaltered report was leaked
    Some what?
    . edit - just worked out what you did there (I'm slow this morning)
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I had some dealings with her about 15 years ago when she got herself appointed to a governing body I was on. She rarely turned up and it was quite clear to me the only reason she was on it was to add It to her cv. 
    I know someone who works in the Home Office - tells me she is a terrible person, a bully, and the model if you wanted to build the worst possible politician you can imagine

At some point she will really drop the ball and fall from grace, maybe this case will be the straw that breaks the camels back - here’s hoping !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rananegra said:
    Chizz said:

I had some dealings with her about 15 years ago when she got herself appointed to a governing body I was on. She rarely turned up and it was quite clear to me the only reason she was on it was to add It to her cv. 
    I know someone who works in the Home Office - tells me she is a terrible person, a bully, and the model if you wanted to build the worst possible politician you can imagine

At some point she will really drop the ball and fall from grace, maybe this case will be the straw that breaks the camels back - here’s hoping !!!!
    Given our recent history and the boxes she ticks (authoritarian bully who hates Travellers, Muslims, protestors, immigrants, a bit thick) she's more likely to be our next PM.
    Sadly, you are probably right
  • Options
    Chizz said:

She already did. Then Boris just put her back to work anyway. But I don't want to go too political on the main forum.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Chizz said:

She already did. Then Boris just put her back to work anyway. But I don't want to go too political on the main forum.
    Many times, many, many times...

©Round the Horne.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Chizz said:

Many times, many, many times...

©Round the Horne.
    That your "would ya?" answer?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

And supposedly because of "National Security" and something to do with "Human Rights". 

So.......was his killer working on the orders of MI5 or that his murder was not in accordance with his Human rights  ??

Bloody strange.

• Options
    Low key coverage about all of this in the Murdoch press for some reason.....
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Low key coverage about all of this in the Murdoch press for some reason.....
    as far as I know 'D notices' are still available to the Govt to spare their blushes 
  • Options
    used to love Robbie Vincent's shows on Radio London.
  • Options
    It’s Line of Duty in real life.