Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Daniel Morgan - Murder In The Car Park

Comments

• Nothing worse than a bent dick.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Reads very much like the police knew who committed the murder and decided to sabotage the investigation as he was either a copper or an ex-copper. Heads should roll if anyone involved in the investigations remains on the force. Dick should certainly go. 
    Reminds me of the dodgy Stephen Lawrence enquiry.
    Not even remotely similar.
    Cover up and corruption in both - a common theme.
    My recollection of the Lawrence case is that it was institutional racism, rather than cover up and corruption, that was the issue i.e. the Police took only the basic of investigative action because he was black - I don’t see correlation between the two cases

But happy to be proved wrong 
    There was a three part documentary series on the BBC which exposed cover up, corruption and racism in respect of the investigation. 
    Ok fair enough - I bow to your greater knowledge
  • Vincenzo said:
    Reads very much like the police knew who committed the murder and decided to sabotage the investigation as he was either a copper or an ex-copper. Heads should roll if anyone involved in the investigations remains on the force. Dick should certainly go. 
    Reminds me of the dodgy Stephen Lawrence enquiry.
    Not even remotely similar.
    Cover up and corruption in both - a common theme.
    My recollection of the Lawrence case is that it was institutional racism, rather than cover up and corruption, that was the issue i.e. the Police took only the basic of investigative action because he was black - I don’t see correlation between the two cases

But happy to be proved wrong 
    There was a three part documentary series on the BBC which exposed cover up, corruption and racism in respect of the investigation. 
    Ok fair enough - I bow to your greater knowledge
    I know corruption goes on but it's the cover ups that are the worst thing. It destroys public confidence.
  • edited June 2021
    there was a series about this quite recently on the telly .. allegedly ex old bill are in this well past their necks .. well worth a view for those who haven't seen the progs .. I presume that @hoof_it_up_to_benty's post is dealing with the Lawrence case ?
  • there was a series about this quite recently on the telly .. allegedly ex old bill are in this well past their necks .. well worth a view for those who haven't seen the progs .. I presume that @hoof_it_up_to_benty's post is dealing with the Lawrence case ?
    Channel 4 did a documentary on the Morgan case and BBC on the Lawrence case. The police don't come out of them looking good.

• edited June 2021
    There's a video summary of the report from the FT here: https://www.ft.com/video/83bbc06b-ac21-4400-a2f8-7918d565c1c0

No paywall.

Utterly shameful though that there will be absolutely no consequences for an institutionally corrupt police force. 
  • Interesting piece in yesterday's Standard re the sudden departure of Cressida Dick and a link (if rather tenuous) to this case.

In October last year Priti Patel commissioned HMIC to review anti corruption procedures in the Met - following the Daniel Morgan inquiry, which looked at whether there was police collusion in the 1987 murder.  At the start of last week the HMIC briefed Khan, Patel and Dick on the main conclusions, which will be published next month.  They are by all accounts extremely damning and reveal a force still in organisational disarray.

Dick may not have survived this review and perhaps decided to go without a fight following the more recent controversies. It also seems that Khan spotted a political opportunity to notch up three victories for the price of one.  Heap blame on Dick, embarrass Patel and make her look impotent whilst appearing tough and decisive himself. 

Funny how all these attacks at Khan come out even though hes been the only person to take the sensible step by telling Dick she needed to improve. 

Nothing against Patel even though she's basically done nothing and allowed her own police force to becoming a laughing stock around the nation. 
    Easy win for Khan
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
    This was in The Golden Lion carpark, a pub frequented for many a year by @Miserableoldgit he more or less knew everyone who would drink in there, which included several well known local murderers.
    I believe he was actually there on the night this happened, yet was never once questioned by the police!
  • Vincenzo said:
    Dick's link to the case is hardly tenuous. She obstructed the enquiry and made it as difficult as possible. 

The Standard piece was just another anti-Khan article by the former political editor of The Sun.

The real question is why wasn't she kicked out sooner?
    The answer to that question is that having her as Met Police Chief benefitted a lot of people, especially with misogyny rife within the ranks, having a woman as the head, was a PR exercise to show the MET had changed, when we all know the truth is it really hasn't.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Dick's link to the case is hardly tenuous. She obstructed the enquiry and made it as difficult as possible. 

The Standard piece was just another anti-Khan article by the former political editor of The Sun.

The real question is why wasn't she kicked out sooner?
    There’s a simple answer. 
    Nobody wants the job.
  • This was in The Golden Lion carpark, a pub frequented for many a year by @Miserableoldgit he more or less knew everyone who would drink in there, which included several well known local murderers.
    I believe he was actually there on the night this happened, yet was never once questioned by the police!
    Yep, true dat.
    Was there just before last orders, t'was the same evening as the Norwich City win in The Full Members Cup Semi-Final at Selhurst. Arranged to meet Dad in there but he didn't go because of the time the game finished. Got a 75 bus there from Selhurst. 
    Still waiting to be interviewed......🙄🤔
  • edited February 2022
    This was in The Golden Lion carpark, a pub frequented for many a year by @Miserableoldgit he more or less knew everyone who would drink in there, which included several well known local murderers.
    Yep, true dat.
    Was there just before last orders, t'was the same evening as the Norwich City win in The Full Members Cup Semi-Final at Selhurst. Arranged to meet Dad in there but he didn't go because of the time the game finished. Got a 75 bus there from Selhurst. 
    Still waiting to be interviewed......🙄🤔
    That’s as maybe, but can you prove you were at the game?
    Asking for a friend. 😉
  • Nothing worse than a bent dick.
    Oi... Don't Bring me into this
  • Daniel Morgan murder: damning report condemns Met police 

The Metropolitan police’s ability to tackle corruption is “fundamentally flawed”, the policing inspectorate has found in a damning report into the Daniel Morgan murder.

• More incompetents and no doubt corruption. Just recently found 37 documents on the case plus a further 23 documents on more corruption found in some cabinet at the back of Scotland yard which were not available for the last inquiry. 
    They've said Solly though so I guess that makes it alright. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65544848

• Sponsored links:

• More incompetents and no doubt corruption. Just recently found 37 documents on the case plus a further 23 documents on more corruption found in some cabinet at the back of Scotland yard which were not available for the last inquiry. 

What has Chris Solly got to do with it 🤔
  • Used to be a thing on here. Instead of saying sorry you would say Solly. 
  • Blatant cover up 
  • Bent old bill, what a surprise.
  • One of the worse cover ups and such a violent death for Daniel Morgan in the Golden Lion car park. 
    Bent coppers.

Was it in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard" by any chance?
  • It's pretty well known that the police in and around that area had many bent coppers back in those days, I lived in Eltham and it was well known about the bent coppers there. So no surprise sadly.
  • It’s dreadful the way the bent coppers, the bad apples, ruin it for the honest one. 
    Harsh! but well worth a lol.
  • Wonder why the new evidence has come to light now?