Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Another great start from England at 50-3
    Don't panic. 
    England will make over 250 and win.
    Be above 350could well be.
    I know Ireland aren't the strongest opposition but our 50 over side is now seriously good.
  • Options
    Banton out. Wondering if Ireland can come back. With their colour TV and record collection of Bob Marley
  • Options
    Squad is so strong now. 

I'd like to have seen Sam Hain given a chance over James Vince in this series. We know Vince is a decent cricketer, he's just not quite good enough to be a success at International level. 
  • Options
    The usual suspects pissing away their gilt edged chances to have a net against moderate opposition
    Bairstow, Vince and Moeen Ali all finding crap ways to get out when facile 50's or even tons were there for the taking. England now got to bat time for 10 overs or so to ensure they see out their full allocation and set an unreachable target.
    England won't get licence from Pakistan to carry 2 let alone 3 passengers.
  • Options
    Ha shows what I know.  Root is key to us as others bat around him. Surely Vince and Ali are living on borrowed time. Ali looks like a walking wicket and he twice nearly ran Billings out in his 5 ball innings. 
  • Options
    The usual suspects pissing away their gilt edged chances to have a net against moderate opposition
    Bairstow, Vince and Moeen Ali all finding crap ways to get out when facile 50's or even tons were there for the taking. England now got to bat time for 10 overs or so to ensure they see out their full allocation and set an unreachable target.
    England won't get licence from Pakistan to carry 2 let alone 3 passengers.
    Experimental squad to keep the test and one day squads separate and safe. I would rather watch a weakened England team than no cricket.

as the test and odi series is against Pakistan, I expect some of the big guns to return which means the passengers won’t play

Bairstow his stats in odi’s are very good. Sometimes it won’t come off for him, sometimes it will. Vince, I agree with you. Ali, a very dangerous player, just going through (a long) bad patch. 
  • Options
    Morgan has a groin strain so won't field (or Captain)

Interesting that Moeen is vice captain for this series, when his place in the team is hardly secure. Does he have much captaincy experience?
  • Options

Interesting that Moeen is vice captain for this series, when his place in the team is hardly secure. Does he have much captaincy experience?
    One could argue that DBD at Kent is in a similar position. Except, with the absence of Crawley and Denly plus skipper Billings they have no one left in the squad to replace him!
  • Options

One could argue that DBD at Kent is in a similar position. Except, with the absence of Crawley and Denly plus skipper Billings they have no one left in the squad to replace him!
    They would ask Darren Stevens, but he needs some more experience first
  • Options
    200 partnership for Ireland 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is tight

Come on Ireland 
  • Options
    Well done Ireland!

Really good for cricket as well
  • Options
    Great result, far more exciting than the play off final
  • Options
    Fancy scoring 106 and you’re the third highest Irish run maker.
  • Options
    What a result! Paul Stirling now adorns the cricket group chat picture!
  • Options
    3 failures for Vince and Moeen
  • Options
    3 failures for Vince and Moeen
    And Roy (25 runs this season in his last 4 innings against Ireland). Moeen didn't bat in the first game but hasn't taken a wicket in the series either.
  • Options
    It is difficult to comprehend how a ball which is over a yard beyond the boundary can't be considered  just that - a boundary!
  • Options
    Didn’t look like a boundary to me. What about if the ball is headed for a 6 and the fielder jumps and pushes it back over the boundary rope onto field, even better what if someone is backing up and catches the push back. 

Not a six and instead a wicket. 

Cricket has never believed in a hypothetical vertical wall rising to the sky above the boundary rope and once you pass through the non-existent wall the ball is out of play and a boundary.

In rugby, touch kicks are the same, the ball can be metres the other side of the touch line but it is not out of play until the ball hits the deck or the player touching the ball hits the deck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t look like a boundary to me. What about if the ball is headed for a 6 and the fielder jumps and pushes it back over the boundary rope onto field, even better what if someone is backing up and catches the push back. 

Cricket has never believed in a hypothetical vertical wall rising to the sky above the boundary rope and once you pass through the non-existent wall the ball is out of play and a boundary.

In rugby, touch kicks are the same, the ball can be metres the other side of the touch line but it is not out of play until the ball hits the deck or the player touching the ball hits the deck.
    Not suggesting that it is a boundary - just the fact that the modern day cricketers are such athletes and practised at saving runs in such a manner. Colin Cowdrey wouldn't even get his whites dirty in the slips or venture to the boundary unless it was time for lunch!
  • Options

Not suggesting that it is a boundary - just the fact that the modern day cricketers are such athletes and practised at saving runs in such a manner. Colin Cowdrey wouldn't even get his whites dirty in the slips or venture to the boundary unless it was time for lunch!
    Paul Stirling looks like a Sunday league goalie but he was a machine tonight 
  • Options
    siblers said:

Paul Stirling looks like a Sunday league goalie but he was a machine tonight 
    Yes,  you assume that he got dietary tips at Middlesex from Mike Gatting!
  • Options
    Pakistan win the toss and bat first

England unchanged from the 3rd Test, so look thin in their batting. Presumably Stokes won't bowl
  • Options
    Full credit to Ireland..good result for cricket 
  • Options
    Buttler drops one off Bess 🙃
  • Options
    Buttler drops one off Bess 🙃
     Buttler has looked uncomfortable this session. 
    What must Foakes have done not to get a chance. 
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, but I think Jofra Archer is over rated & too inconsistent.  I'd rather see Sam Curran or David Willey in the side
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion, but I think Jofra Archer is over rated & too inconsistent.  I'd rather see Sam Curran or David Willey in the side
    Archer always seems to be holding something back.
    He is a genuine 90mph bowler but for some reason bowls around the mid 80s for long spells. 
    Someone like Wood for instance always seems to go flat out.
  • Options
    Bloody Manchester weather!