Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer 'live' on Sky Sports News very soon

1235»

Comments

• I mean i couldn't care less how he came across to Soccer Saturday viewers but if it was any other manager most of us would probably be saying the same.

I'm actually surprised he did it, as you'd think he'd much prefer a weekend off with his family. Unless he was using it as a chance to do some scouting.
    Maybe he knows he's on thin ice with Sandgaard (down to 4th now) and wanted one last payday before heading back to the lake.
    Bit of a miserable post... ;) Is the stress of your yearly job started to get to you? :)
  • There are a hell of a lot of defensive posts on here.

He was awful. Bloody awful. Theres no dressing it up.

Of course it doesnt matter to the day job, but there it is.
  • edited November 2020
    Off_it said:
    There are a hell of a lot of defensive posts on here.

He was awful. Bloody awful. Theres no dressing it up.

Of course it doesnt matter to the day job, but there it is.
    Agreed. Just bias isn’t it, fans don’t want to see our manager slagged off. But yes he was atrocious, it’s not his thing at all but doesn’t affect us a club one bit. 

• Robert Lee was on same golf trip and id met him before at a Christmas piss up lunch for ex footballers and his hatred of Pardew knows no bounds 

Any anecdotes?

• Robert Lee was on same golf trip and id met him before at a Christmas piss up lunch for ex footballers and his hatred of Pardew knows no bounds 

Any anecdotes?
    Robert Lee was nearing the end of his career had a season under Pardew at West Ham and said Pardew was so long of himself .
    One weird thing he did was get everyone in the club (not sure if just players or staff as well) to predict how many points the team would get each month and then say the average was 7 points , every member of staff would have a piece of card/paper with 7 points written on it and had to have it on them at all times and Pardew would randomly ask members of staff to produce it , proper odd bullyboy behaviour.
  • All great managers have boring voices, Lennie, Curbs and now LB.
  • edited November 2020
    Bilko said:
    All great managers have boring voices, Lennie, Curbs and now LB.
    Not sure any of these have or had boring voices but, there again, they have never matched the achievements of Lennie, Curbs and LB:

Bill Shankly
    Brian Clough
    Alex Ferguson
    Pep Guardiola
    Jose Mourinho
    Jurgen Klopp
    Karel Fraeye

• Sponsored links:

• If you are currently employed as a football manager. Then you probably shouldn't be commentating on games live on super Saturday.

Especially if you are doing 2 clubs that are in the same league as the club you manage.

Bowyers attention would have mostly just been on the actual game itself. It won't be long before we play mk dons.

Back of his mind, he is simply just going to be thinking about possible new recruits. 

It wasn't about doing a job for the public.

It's Sky sports' fault for giving him that job. He didn't have to turn it down.
  • On a day we have lost a great all round family entertainer in Des O'Connor, step forward Bows, the world of entertainment needs a void filling.

"Give me the moonlight..."
  • edited November 2020
    Dave2l said:
    If you are currently employed as a football manager. Then you probably shouldn't be commentating on games live on super Saturday.

Especially if you are doing 2 clubs that are in the same league as the club you manage.

Bowyers attention would have mostly just been on the actual game itself. It won't be long before we play mk dons.

Back of his mind, he is simply just going to be thinking about possible new recruits. 

It wasn't about doing a job for the public.

It's Sky sports' fault for giving him that job. He didn't have to turn it down.
    I’m not sure about that. I would assume when you’re scouting opposition you are watching them as opposed to the match itself. You’ll be looking just as much at what they do when they don’t have possession as what they do when they have it.

I reckon he probably took the gig yesterday with perhaps a view to raising his own profile and/or to see if media work is something he might be interested. 

Don’t think we need to worry too much though, based on yesterday’s performance I doubt he’ll be walking out on us after offered a huge contract by Sky/BT to become one of their main pundits!
  • What I thought was good was that I never heard Lord Bowyer call the away side anything other than "MK", he never added "Dons".
  • Bilko said:
    Not sure any of these have or had boring voices but, there again, they have never matched the achievements of Lennie, Curbs and LB:

Bill Shankly
    Brian Clough
    Alex Ferguson
    Pep Guardiola
    Jose Mourinho
    Jurgen Klopp
    Karel Fraeye

A good few of them were/are tedious pricks though. 
  • Ultimately figure he was going to watch the match anyway to research MK Dons... this way he got paid for it. 
  • He might try his hand on strictly...
  • I thought I detected the start of a smirk 😏 when MK went 2-1 up. 

His analysis of the game was good and I would liked to have heard the next bit as to where their weaknesses were and how we would be exposing them. You know this is what he is thinking.
  • Bilko said:

Bill Shankly
    Brian Clough
    Alex Ferguson
    Pep Guardiola
    Jose Mourinho
    Jurgen Klopp
    Karel Fraeye

A good few of them were/are tedious pricks though. 
    Surely not Karel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    I thought I detected the start of a smirk 😏 when MK went 2-1 up. 

His analysis of the game was good and I would liked to have heard the next bit as to where their weaknesses were and how we would be exposing them. You know this is what he is thinking.
    Fortunately he didn't spout that on tv though!
  • He might try his hand on strictly...
    I'm surprised Pardew hasn't been asked to do it. We know he likes dancing and having romantic flings  ;)
  • Much as I like Lee as a manager - he always strikes me as rather humourless, wouldn't imagine that adding Bowyer to the Mortimer and Whitehouse fishing show would raise the laughter count. 
    If you haven't watched their fishing programmes yet - get straight on it they are fantastic in a lovely gentle blokey humour  
  • Much as I like Lee as a manager - he always strikes me as rather humourless, wouldn't imagine that adding Bowyer to the Mortimer and Whitehouse fishing show would raise the laughter count. 
    If you haven't watched their fishing programmes yet - get straight on it they are fantastic in a lovely gentle blokey humour  

I'm not sure about that - I think he's just very undemonstrative in the way Curbs was. There's clearly drive and passion under the surface, but you have to see through the deadpan to detect it. He's probably just wary of getting into trouble with his remarks, so he buttons it all up, including humour.

Completely agree on Whitehouse and Mortimer - excellently entertaining in a gentle way, some fabulous scenery and you need not be interested in fishing, which is largely incidental, to hugely enjoy it.  Probably helps if you're an old git too, but most on here do seem to be.

• Bowyer can take a joke and would probably be a good laugh.

The players are probably taking the piss out of his appearance on sky sports to his face.

Or just doing vague wind ups
  • edited November 2020
    Dave2l said:
    Bowyer can take a joke and would probably be a good laugh.

The players are probably taking the piss out of his appearance on sky sports to his face.

Or just doing vague wind ups
     Slips it through to .................... slips it through to ..................... errr ................... you can imagine a few mentions of that on the training ground everytime someone makes a pass