Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer 'live' on Sky Sports News very soon

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Great Bowyer put-down when Dowie asked for a fishing invite -
    “what ? No, not him, no”
    A modern day Oscar Wilde!
  • se9addick said:
    Great Bowyer put-down when Dowie asked for a fishing invite -
    “what ? No, not him, no”
    A modern day Oscar Wilde!
    The ballad of reading goal
  • Bejeeeezas!  I bet Bow's agent is taking calls left right and centre after that performance...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Worth looking at her Twitter profile. She's something else
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone remember Phil Neville's first commentary, the worst I have ever heard, even LB sounded excited compared to him. Nice complement by Morrison to LB
  • Good. As long as everyone else thinks he's rubbish. 
  • edited November 2020
    Good. As long as everyone else thinks he's rubbish. 
    They just don't get him. We do :)

I saw a bit of it after the rugby and could hear his enthusiasm In Bows' way) but I don't care others just don't get him - we do and there is an advantage to them undermining him!

I saw a bit of it after the rugby and could hear his enthusiasm In Bows' way) but I don't care others just don't get him - we do and there is an advantage to them undermining him!

What advantage? Can’t see how him being woeful on soccer Saturday helps Charlton.

I do actually find him quite boring. Robinson was too in a completely different way. Really doesn’t bother me as long as he does a good job as manager, which he obviously is. 

What advantage? Can’t see how him being woeful on soccer Saturday helps Charlton.

I do actually find him quite boring. Robinson was too in a completely different way. Really doesn’t bother me as long as he does a good job as manager, which he obviously is. 

Yeah, maybe he does come across as a bit boring (but you could see his enthusiasm if you know what he is like). But I don't care if he is or is seen to be as not an important characteristic. Others may undermine him if they think he isn't bothered due to his apparent lack of enthusiasm. They couldn't be more wrong!

Yeah, maybe he does come across as a bit boring (but you could see his enthusiasm if you know what he is like). But I don't care if he is or is seen to be as not an important characteristic. Others may undermine him if they think he isn't bothered due to his apparent lack of enthusiasm. They couldn't be more wrong!
    I definitely agree, it doesn’t matter one bit. I also agree it doesn’t mean he isn’t bothered. Not quite sure it constitutes undermining though, people are just saying what they say which I don’t think is inaccurate. I don’t see an advantage either, I think people in the game will ignore it, it’s just fans watching soccer Saturday or oppositions fans making these statements. 
  • edited November 2020
    Most people (non Charlton) associate Bowyer for his ‘encounters’ as a player - which were far from dull. And frankly, very few would have ever imagined he would become a manager in the game.

Bowyer isn’t a boring person - he often shows his emotions. But watching/commentating on a League One behind closed doors game isn’t exactly the most thrilling content to bring out ones excitement. 

Actually quite surprised he agreed to doing it to be honest - doesn’t seem like the sort of thing he’d be into.
  • I've only seen the clips from on here, didn't watch SSN.

Mk Dons Vs Sunderland.

You are commentating on that game. Living the dream of all dreams.

How enthusiastic would you be?

We all have to do our jobs and what we are paid to do.

Maybe Bowyer is simply just not a very good actor.

He didn't care so it was quite hard for him to pretend that he did!

He cares about Charlton.

Quite hard for him to pretend that he doesn't.
  • That's how he talks in his press conferences. Nothing to do with what he was watching. That's the way he is - he nearly always sounds a bit 'down'. Doesn't need to be Mr. Happy if he's a brilliant manager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair I’d be none to happy if I’d been asked to commentate on Sunderland v MK Dons.
  • This really isn't what LB is good at and it is somewhat bemusing as to why he was asked to do it - he showed no great enthusiasm and at times didn't even know who the players were. The one time when he did come to life and come out of his shell was the interaction involving Dowie. Almost immediately, he went back into his shell.

LB should stick to what he's good at namely managing a football team.
  • Soccer Saturday has lost its way a bit. It evolved into a show that was both informative and entertaining. There were times when with Le Tiss, Nicholas and Thompson it went too far the other way but it's now extremely robotic. Some of the people utilised know less about football than those three do but struggle even to convey what is going on the pitch let alone add any humour to  the situation. The other thing is where as the so called "dinosaurs" weren't afraid to say it is, because the newbies are carving a career for themselves they are somewhat reluctant to do so.
  • Remember during one of his court cases he remarked when giving evidence that he was "not good with words".

Remember him laughing at the covered end when playing for Leeds as we chanted "He's not good with words" at him.

That chant showed we always had a good relationship with him. Probably made it an easier choice for him to come home to us. 
  • Fans should listen to that motivational speech he gave to the players post-Wembley

Its fine if you want a Manager who can sweet talk in front of the camera but in this game its a pointless skill, doesnt get you results

Bowyer is a proper Man Manager, as we saw with Lyle Taylor he gets the best out of players and thats what works for him. Of course he doesnt get it right with everyone (as we've potentially seen with Chris Solly) but that might work to our advantage as could see him struggling with egos at a big club
    So many of our fan base were all wanking themselves off about the smooth talking Pardew especially after he’d beaten the he’s got no personality Alan Curbishley’s West Ham  4-0 but the clued up amongst us knew who the top boss was ......
  • I mean i couldn't care less how he came across to Soccer Saturday viewers but if it was any other manager most of us would probably be saying the same.

I'm actually surprised he did it, as you'd think he'd much prefer a weekend off with his family. Unless he was using it as a chance to do some scouting.
  • I mean i couldn't care less how he came across to Soccer Saturday viewers but if it was any other manager most of us would probably be saying the same.

I'm actually surprised he did it, as you'd think he'd much prefer a weekend off with his family. Unless he was using it as a chance to do some scouting.
    We got MK Dons in 2.5 weeks time
  • And he did a very good analysis of MK Dons strengths and weaknesses at the end.