Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer 'live' on Sky Sports News very soon

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I thought Gary Neville was spot on when he said Lyle Taylor should fulfill his contract. Interesting someone has gone to the PFA about this.

It is also likely that the PFA have come to the club rather than the other way around - especially if we have informed Taylor that he isn't getting paid for June. Unless the club have proactively informed them that he is in breach of contract.
    I have to say that although the PFA are clearly representing their players' interests, as any union would do, I have always found them reasonable in my dealings with them.
    Regarding the PFA would there even be a case to answer?

Lyle: they're refusing to pay me.
    PFA: yes but you've refused to play.
    Charlton: thank you and goodbye.
  • bobmunro said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I thought Gary Neville was spot on when he said Lyle Taylor should fulfill his contract. Interesting someone has gone to the PFA about this.

It is also likely that the PFA have come to the club rather than the other way around - especially if we have informed Taylor that he isn't getting paid for June. Unless the club have proactively informed them that he is in breach of contract.
    I have to say that although the PFA are clearly representing their players' interests, as any union would do, I have always found them reasonable in my dealings with them.

As Bowyer said on the interview, they could force him to play but then Taylor could fake an injury which players all over the place have done before

In which case I really dont understand why Taylor didnt just claim that has happened in the first place - He'd be getting paid that way
  • He's not happy about what's going on behind the scenes and says it was much better under Roland. Thought he came across very well, he continues to impress me.
    About as damning an assessment as you can have
    'Out of the frying pan, into the fire' was an idiomatic expression made specifically for us.
  • Found it interesting that Lee was speaking from his home, day off from training today?
    He's been furloughed
  • He's not happy about what's going on behind the scenes and says it was much better under Roland. Thought he came across very well, he continues to impress me.
    That first bit is not a sentance I thought I'd ever read.
  • Dave2l said:
    Gnev and Carra are really good at hosting skysports and talking to people.

Lot of respect for Gary Neville.

Haven't seen the interview yet but it sounds interesting 
    As a football co-owner himself now, he clearly has a balanced view on the Taylor situation.
  • bobmunro said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

As Bowyer said on the interview, they could force him to play but then Taylor could fake an injury which players all over the place have done before

In which case I really dont understand why Taylor didnt just claim that has happened in the first place - He'd be getting paid that way
    It could be said that at least Taylor is being honest. Anyway his honesty should mean that he's not paid from the day he stated that he would no longer be playing for CAFC.
  • bobmunro said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

Probably didn't want all those clubs coming in for him to think he's even more injury prone, and put them off. 
  • I hope we don't discover that he is joining a club who are our relegation rivals. 
  • I hope we don't discover that he is joining a club who are our relegation rivals. 
    Wont matter... He cant help them this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Excellent, now talking about Leeds.
    Lee is one of those people you could listen to for a while talking about his Football career

But no surprise, its Sky Sports Leeds after all

Didnt realise he was ever linked to Liverpool though, let alone almost signing for them
    Think it was for £9m or £14m and we were due a hefty sell on but bizarrely I might be getting that confused with Michael Turner, at some point there was talk of him going there , I’m wibble so Prolly completely wrong 
  • I honestly wonder how much longer he will put up with it all.
    Probably till an offer that suits him comes along ! 
    Don't you think by not playing for us he is helping our rivals? 
  • edited June 2020
    I hope we don't discover that he is joining a club who are our relegation rivals. 
    No but at least he's not going to be on the pitch for any of our rivals

Bowyer said on this interview that he'll use it to galvinise our players, he builds a team that trusts and supports each other and two of them have broken that

If I was one of those players I'd respect the choices made but I'd also feel let down and would want to prove them wrong

Imagine there are a few players in that team with that feeling too
    No but at least he's not going to be on the pitch for any of our rivals

Bowyer said on this interview that he'll use it to galvinise our players, he builds a team that trusts and supports each other and two of them have broken that

If I was one of those players I'd respect the choices made but I'd also feel let down and would want to prove them wrong

Imagine there are a few players in that team with that feeling too
    I certainly agree that it may motivate the remaining players. Great chance for Bonne, Hemed or Aneke to do the business. Maybe even Davison. 
    But he can not help us which could benefit them
  • Bow interview on again on the 4pm show
    But thats happening anyway...
    But thats happening anyway...
    It's even worse if he goes to relegation rival as it coul dbe he refused to play to benefit them
  • Does anyone have clips of this anywhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Does anyone have clips of this anywhere?
    If you have Sky you are able to download the show.
  • _MrDick said:
    Found it interesting that Lee was speaking from his home, day off from training today?
    He’s refusing to manage until we’re out of Lockdown. Been advised to do so by Lyle Taylor’s agent. 
    You have to understand his position. He has the opportunity of the Leeds job and to risk tripping over Bielsa's Bucket on the last day just isn't worth it. 
  • edited June 2020
  • aliwibble said:
    I don't, that's why I asked.
  • aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    I don't, that's why I asked.
    Seem they put clips up on YouTube as the Jack Grealish interview from yesterday is up on there

They might put the rest up
    Bowyer has said in the past that the good thing about Roland's ownership, was that he left Bows to manage.

In other words, Bows had a degree of autonomy to organise and run things his way .... without interference from Roland.

Bows was very happy with that, despite the limitations of budget and the effect on squad building. Much less so with Southall and ESI - and he has said as much about his frustrations with that at some point recently.

• Oggy Red said:
    He's not happy about what's going on behind the scenes and says it was much better under Roland. Thought he came across very well, he continues to impress me.
    Bowyer has said in the past that the good thing about Roland's ownership, was that he left Bows to manage.

In other words, Bows had a degree of autonomy to organise and run things his way .... without interference from Roland.

Bows was very happy with that, despite the limitations of budget and the effect on squad building. Much less so with Southall and ESI - and he has said as much about his frustrations with that at some point recently.

It's a pity the Belgian muppet didn't leave Chris Powell to manage.
  • aliwibble said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdsGTmrgz5s
  • clive said:
    aliwibble said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdsGTmrgz5s

Neville asked good questions and was surprised and confused about the fact that Taylor won't see out his contract. Seemed a tad pissed off.

Good.

All Taylor has done here is just shoot himself in the foot.

He has mentally injured himself and there's no way back.

It's now doubtful that the fans of his new club will warm to him. They will know about this. Will they trust him and respect him?

Unless of course, he signs for Millwall.