Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who’s gonna be our HERO and keep us up?

Comments

• Options
    Naby. 

He doesn’t do too well in the big games with a large crowd, big atmosphere. 

Empty stadium will see him shine. He will score three in the nine games and be a colossus at the back. 
  • Options
    I just don't know with Aneke. I don't really understand why we signed him given that Bowyer doesn't seem happy with his contributions in either position. Bowyer sees him as a 10 not a striker, and his hold up play and dynamism have been non-existent when he's come on up front. In our diamond we play with a 10, but it's very much an attacking midfielder who can do a lot of defensive running and shielding as well as create, not an attacker who plays off the striker and floats in the hole. We've had Aribo, Williams, Gallagher and Oztumer there, all players who are midfielders first and foremost. Bowyer bombed out Billy Clarke for the same reason that - other than his serious injury really affecting him - he's not suited to being in that diamond formation. Maybe Bowyer thought he'd be able to adapt him over the season but given he's spent most of it injured I would be surprised - but very happy - if either his defensive work or his hold up play have grown enough for him to change our season.
  • Options
    Other teams will be writing us off without Taylor.
    They may well be correct, but we could turn use it to our advantage if they choose to underestimate us.
    We do have the ability within our ranks, it will come down to fitness and attitude.
    Bonne was prolific without Taylor before, 5 in 6 if I remember correctly.
    The lone striker role is probably asking too much of him after such a long lay off, but playing alongside someone with some tricks and pace could be very productive.
    I think Hemed and Bonne are too similar to play together and lack that burst of pace.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    It’sbowyer 
    ... he’s gonna do it... you watch
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Chuck in the biggest physical players 

Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Pearce Purrington
    Sarr
    Pratley *Cullen
    Aneke
    Bonne Davison

Obviously Cullen is in there no matter what!
  • Options
    I just think with everyone fit and firing (even without Taylor) we've got enough quality to pick up a few wins and draws and stay up. Only have to look back to the start of the season (yes I know we had Lyle) to see how well we played.

Cullen, Williams, Pratley, McGeady form the basis of a quality midfield, we know Hamed and Bonne can do it in this division and we'll possibly need 10 goals between them
  • Options
    I just think with everyone fit and firing (even without Taylor) we've got enough quality to pick up a few wins and draws and stay up. Only have to look back to the start of the season (yes I know we had Lyle and Conor) to see how well we played.

Cullen, Williams, Pratley, McGeady form the basis of a quality midfield, we know Hamed and Bonne can do it in this division and we'll possibly need 10 goals between them

• Options
    Conor has been a miss, absolutely.
  • Options
    It's bloody hard to pick a team. 

I've run through so many different player options, but they're all in Bow's favoured diamond which limits us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'd like to think with Taylor out of the frame , it's a perfect opportunity for someone to step out of his shadows, like a Bonne or Hemed. 

If fit I think Jake Forster Caskey could be a surprise package.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's bloody hard to pick a team. 

I've run through so many different player options, but they're all in Bow's favoured diamond which limits us. 
    Be interesting to see the formation Bowyer even chooses

He's played 3-5-2 a lot this season but thats been down to the injuries

Will he stick with that or revert back
  • Options
    Phillips
    Matthews 
    Sarr
    Lockyer 
    Purrington
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Field
    Williams 
    Doughty
    Bonne

Subs
    Amos
    Hemed 
    McGeady
    Oshilaja
    Pearce
    Oz
    Green

Aneke 
    JFC

• Options
    Conor Gallagher when we resign him tomorrow. He doesn’t agree with wales lockdown rules 

but in reality bonne can make himself a legend if fit. Helping us stay up could save the club not just the season.  Maybe lee will finally give chuks a go?
  • Options
    Forgot about the secret weapon. Nabby up front from the start obviously
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    The saving grace is that, In Davidson, aneke , hemed and Bonne - we have 4 players who all have a real point to prove, and a real chance to make a name for themselves and set them up nicely to be ‘main striker’ next season regardless of what league we find ourselves in! 

If that doesn’t motivate them,  then I’m not sure what will! 

It’s going to be about grinding results out, 1-0s here and there and a few draws , just can’t afford to lose!
  • Options
    Hull is the key game. Lose that and I think we're really struggling

Win that and we're out of the bottom 3 AND with a massive confidence boost. QPR and then Cardiff are games we can get points out of too

And of course it's nailed on that as we can't be there, we'll finally beat Millwall. Nurse, where's my medication  :D
    I'm hoping the Millwall hoodoo will be lessened by the fact there will be no crowd. We are gonna beat Leeds last game of the season as they bottle the league yet again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    What is this collective amnesia regarding McGeady?? On the evidence we've all seen, he's just about the least-suitable man for a relegation dogfight in living memory. Unless he's had a total mentality transplant during lockdown I don't want him anywhere near the pitch

Couldn't agree more.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Who’s gonna be our HERO and keep us up?

With the twunt's 🐀 survival bonus falling on CAFC/ESI staying up is the last thing the club needs.
    The club hasn't got £1.50 let alone an extra £1.5M 
    Admittedly it is a monumental IF Charlton finishes no lower than 21st then that pipedream amount of money gets added to the liabilities the club already can't meet and administration is the absolute least bad outcome.  Be in no doubt people roly 🐀 will call that money in.  He knows fine well that CAFC/ESI doesn't have it nor has it coming any time soon.  If the "directors" whoeverthefucktheymightbe don't beat him to the punch and call in the administrators 🐀💩breath will petition for a winding up.  The deluded old ruin doesn't 'get' football, this is known, he doesn't do failure, he said so, on his psych ward he is entitled to all that debt he 'loaned' to CAFC and he'll call it in.  The preposterous old virus doesn't entertain that liquidating the land & buildings (probably his ambition all along) will take years and years, if it's even really possible, and he'll be long dead before it turns a pound note, let alone a few €uros.
    For the record the "directors" are obliged legally to cease trading and seek to wind up the company the moment they ought to realise the business can't pay its bills.  Admin is a mechanism aimed at mitigating the pain for those short-changed; in practice only secured creditors get much if anything in these circs and nobody gets anything anytime soon.  But in 🐀💩speak the twunt has nothing to worry about.
    If CAFC/ESI lasts long enough to see the team relegated, the financial black hole will at least be £1.5M shallower than it might have been; admin/winding up might then be just that little bit further off.
    Jenkins seems to have a grasp of the real world reportedly may hold off until some/any of these uncertainties are resolved.
    None of the other alleged interested parties have put their heads above ground yet but any life form gambling on ESI in the next few weeks is by definition deluded, crooked or probably both.
    In the infinitessimally small chance that CAFC has a penalty in the dying minute of the game at Leeds which could secure the point or 2 that could move Charlton from 22nd to 21st, the poor sap in red addressing the ball has the prospect of relegating the club (miss) or killing it (score).  I would only wish that on the sort of cancerous scum that has dragged CAFC down to this point.

All of which is predicated on the remaining matches actually playing out to a finish.  Chances? virtually nil.  Cos the EFL's grip on reality, probity, responsibility, stewardship, is as tenuous as the twunt's.  EFL has clearly decided that players' and their families' risk of infection is an appropriate price to be paid by those poor saps for the self-interest of the EFL board.  
  • Options
    I'm liking stig ⛈ 🐓 emoji action 
  • Options
    Don't know if it will be a hero situation. We need to keep a lot of clean sheets and hopefully nick some 1-0 wins. Goals were hard enough to come by as it was, but without Taylor, I wouldn't be surprised if we got less than 10-12 in the games remaining. 
  • Options
    Well, Taylor was our penalty expert.

Up at West Brom in Added Time, Cullen (cool as a cucumber) decisively scored our equaliser from the spot.

Who else?

Bonne was the penalty king at Leyton Orient last season.
    And Chuks took the pens at MKD.

Hemed took pens also for Brighton.

Who do you reckon now gets the job?

• Options
    Hull is the key game. Lose that and I think we're really struggling

Win that and we're out of the bottom 3 AND with a massive confidence boost. QPR and then Cardiff are games we can get points out of too

And of course it's nailed on that as we can't be there, we'll finally beat Millwall. Nurse, where's my medication  :D
    I'm hoping the Millwall hoodoo will be lessened by the fact there will be no crowd. We are gonna beat Leeds last game of the season as they bottle the league yet again
    I think it's sod's law that the one time we beat Millwall, we won't be there to see it!
    Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Bonne is the guy and we'll reward him with a half decent song 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Bonne is the guy amd we'll reward him with a half decent song 

You what? You what?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Bonne is the guy amd we'll reward him with a half decent song 

You what? You what?
    That song makes me realise why we steal most of ours from other teams.