Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who’s gonna be our HERO and keep us up?

Comments

• Options
    Without Taylor we're doomed I'm afraid.
    You might be right, but I hope the rest of the players don’t share your thoughts.  Maybe they could pin these comments up in the Dressing room to get a bit of motivation.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Williams will be the key. Him playing at full tilt will create lots of chances for us. Do we have the strikers to capitalise though. 
    Sure he'll win fouls, but he doesn't get many assists really. 1 in 4 or something like that.

1 in 4 is a lot of assists.
    That's this season, last season it was 1 assist.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Williams will be the key. Him playing at full tilt will create lots of chances for us. Do we have the strikers to capitalise though. 
    Sure he'll win fouls, but he doesn't get many assists really. 1 in 4 or something like that.

1 in 4 is a lot of assists.
    That's this season, last season it was 1 assist.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Would actually be interested in seeing a player like Jonny Williams up front.

I know he’s not a prolific goalscorer, but without Taylor we’ll definitely need something dangerous up top - and Jonny definitely has the pace to frighten defenders. 

Sorry, but the likes of Hemed, Aneke and even Bonne just don’t fill me with any hope from an attacking perspective. Bonne can nick the odd goal but doesn’t change the balance of a game in his all round play.

Put Jonny up top and let him chase balls down and run at players, in a bit of a Jamie Vardy type role!
    Bonne has 73 goals in 226 appearances.

Williams has 4 goals in 172.

I know who I’d rather see up front.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I know he’s not a prolific goalscorer, but without Taylor we’ll definitely need something dangerous up top - and Jonny definitely has the pace to frighten defenders. 

Sorry, but the likes of Hemed, Aneke and even Bonne just don’t fill me with any hope from an attacking perspective. Bonne can nick the odd goal but doesn’t change the balance of a game in his all round play.

Put Jonny up top and let him chase balls down and run at players, in a bit of a Jamie Vardy type role!

Williams has 4 goals in 172

Williams has 17 assists and 4 goals in 175.
     Bonne has 12 and 69 goals from his 215 (not sure where 73 g & 226 came from).
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I've got 150 goals in 18 appearances in the garden against my boys this lockdown 
    How many you let in though? 
  • Options
    Lee will use Taylors desertion as a rallying call and convince the players they are good enough and do not need him.Just got a feeling Aneke and Hamed will come to the fore.
  • Options
    Huw Jenkins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Macauley Bonne shirt i ordered turned up last week. It's fate, he'll score 9 in 9. 

Even without the shirt arriving id still say Bonne. Very good under pressure for a young man
  • Options
    Are players like Aneke and Sam field fit and ready to play?

I cant see Lewis Page being back this season but the two above could be a big bonus.
  • Options
    I believe in Hemed. There's something of the Yann in him, I swear it
    Well they both have dark hair?
  • Options
    No one has mentioned Josh Davidson 
    I thought he did quite well when he come into the team earlier in the year.
  • Options
    Bonne played well when Taylor was out injured  . Didn't seem the same player after his injury . Says he is now fit  , so is probably our best hope for survival .
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Bonne played well when Taylor was out injured  . Didn't seem the same player after his injury . Says he is now fit  , so is probably our best hope for survival .
    Didnt really get a run of minutes, came off the bench in all five games apart from Sheffield Wednesday

Was probably in that phase where he was being eased back to avoid another breakdown
  • Options
    Nobody has any idea really how well our players will play now, as it's been such an unprecedented break, and the same applies to every other team.

A 9 match season in a short time with no crowds is a unique scenario, team spirit will be crucial in such an odd environment
  • Options
    lets hope some of the teams we face also have problems with star players deserting them - can't just be us can it? can it??????  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    cafctom said:

I've got 150 goals in 18 appearances in the garden against my boys this lockdown 
    How many you let in though? 
    about 180 ffs
  • Options
    Nobody has any idea really how well our players will play now, as it's been such an unprecedented break, and the same applies to every other team.

A 9 match season in a short time with no crowds is a unique scenario, team spirit will be crucial in such an odd environment
    Its going to be fascinating in a way - Almost like a brand new mini-season where you can forget everything that has happened so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I think the empty stands will be our HERO,  with the fans at the ground it didn't work , so the empty seats wont do any worse 
  • Options
    I think Andre Green could play a big role for us, play him up top off Bonne...
  • Options
    Dodgy takeover, injury crisis, Gallagher leaving, now Taylor not playing the final 9 games, is there anything else this season wants to throw at us?

For avoiding relegation, Lockyer and Sarr pairing at centre back and Bonne and Hemed/Green develop a partnership are our best hope. 
  • Options
    Got to be Bonne. You’d think he’ll play up top with a reliance on midfielders chipping in. 
  • Options
    The pools panel.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Got to be Bonne. You’d think he’ll play up top with a reliance on midfielders chipping in. 
    Really hope we dont play just the one up top on his own

I know Green (Winger) and Aneke (whatever he is) arent out and out Strikers like Taylor or Bonne but we cant go into games trying to get the sole goal to win games

Our defence isnt up to it
  • Options
    Would love nothing more than Aneke to be given a chance and be the hero. 
  • Options
    I’m hoping Bowyer finally gets Chuks involved
    Christ , I'd forgotten all about him, how quickly we forget.