Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain Tom Moore (ed. RIP)

Comments

• Options
    Now over £15 million. Absolutely staggering.
    I've loved seeing him on the TV, not just for what he is doing but for what he has to say. What an inspiration to us all. 
    Well, he is getting on a bit.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Now over £15 million. Absolutely staggering.
    I've loved seeing him on the TV, not just for what he is doing but for what he has to say. What an inspiration to us all. 
    Well, he is getting on a bit.
    Perhaps I should have said motoring. I reckon he must have been a flying machine in his younger days. 
  • Options
    It was all going so well.

Then they chose 'that' song...
    talk about lower the tone!

Can we take the knighthood back?!?! ;)
  • Options
    Well done Captain Tom
  • Options
    Legend despite failing a drugs test - like maradonna, heard he tested positive for everything other than covid 19
  • Options
    I heard he tried to do a runner with the 20 mill and got as far as the bus stop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly? Some peeps 😱
  • Options
    Received 25,000 birthday cards
  • Options
    Just been made an honorary Colonel. Wonderful honour. 
  • Options
    Many Happy Returns Colonel Tom Moore
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to a hero
    Heres to passing the 30 million mark later today
  • Options
    Happy 100th Birthday Captain Tom.
  • Options
    What an absolute legend this man is. Proud to be English. 
  • Options
    Echo the above great flyover too that has just occurred....
  • Options
    30M now, Incredible. Was just watching him on BBC. Such a lovely man too
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    BBC just showed a clip of him on a Blankety Blank, many years ago. Still got the cheque book.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over 125,000 birthday cards, a fly past from Spitfire and a Hurricane and the man is made a Colonel, he has a Number 1 in the charts, yet HE thanks everyone else....a very special person....Happy Birthday Col Tom!!! and Thank you. 
  • Options
    His daughter and her company, Maytrix, make for interesting reading.
  • Options
    He has also been made a member of the England cricket team. I wonder what number he will bat. Happy Birthday to a wonderful & inspirational man.
  • Options
    His daughter and her company, Maytrix, make for interesting reading.
    I've seen speculation that they're making money from the JustGiving donations but I can't see any proof of it. Seems like someone thinks the page organisers get the transaction fees which isn't true?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I think the Just Giving site takes a cut but not the individuals involved in the fund raising.
  • Options
    He has also been made a member of the England cricket team. I wonder what number he will bat. Happy Birthday to a wonderful & inspirational man.
    Well he's already made 100 not out, so surely he should be an opener?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I think the Just Giving site takes a cut but not the individuals involved in the fund raising.
    When you make a donation via Just Giving, they advise that they do not charge the charity but that if you want to add small amount for Just Giving's expenses you can do that.
  • Options
    Over £26 000 so far, to be divided between 26 charities. 
    I hope this gets the same publicity in the national press that Captain Tom's effort did (although I won't hold my breath)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Let’s not turn this into a racial discussion really is no need ffs 

captain toms effort is unreal, it’s gathered momentum because it’s for the nhs