Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Captain Tom Moore (ed. RIP)

Comments

• Options
    Rest in peace. What a genuinely decent man
  • Options
    RIP Sir Tom 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Oh Christ.......a more perfect example of an “Old School English Gentleman” you couldn’t ask for.
    RIP.......Sir Tom......RIP.
  • Options
    Will go down in history regarding his efforts during this crap times we are in.
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Fell ill with pneumonia after returning from a Christmas holiday to Barbados, you have to wonder what his family were thinking of taking him out there. Ok it was something he wanted to do but what a price to pay. RIP Sir Tom

Edit I guess a terrible position to be in, he wanted to go do they deny a 100 year old man a "last wish" ?
  • Options
    A very decent man who lifted spirits with his efforts during this awful time. RIP
  • Options
    Bless him. Thanks Sir Tom RIP. 
  • Options
    Have had tears during eyes since this news.  What a legend. What a man. What an Inspiration he was and a true gentleman. His positivity kept me gong last  year and that amazing fundraising fr the NHS.  How cruel that he was nearly at deaths door in recent years but it has been covid that has taken him.  There should be a statue for him in Trafalgar Square. I will never forget the words "tomorrow will be a better day", and my glass is never half empty, it is half full".  He has inspired so many people in such a dreadful time. So glad he got to receive a letter from Dame Vera Lynn and a knighthood from the queen, RIP in fell with Vera Lynn, another treasure 
  • Options
    RIP, on the 13th anniversary of my mum passing  :(
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    RIP, on the 13th anniversary of my mum passing  :(
    Difficult day for you. Best wishes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. A decent, ordinary man who did an extraordinary thing. 
  • Options
    RIP Sir Tom and thank you for raising our spirits.
  • Options
    RIP Sir Tom

A shining light in a sea of s**t
  • Options
    Very sad indeed. 
    That trip to Barbados seems a strange one indeed ? 
  • Options
    RIP Sir Tom, a true national hero.
  • Options
    God bless him, a lovely man. RIP Captain Sir Tom
  • Options
    RIP Sir Tom
  • Options
    Rest in peace Captain Tom 
  • Options
    RIP, what an inspiration, and what a great final year. 
  • Options
    RIP Captain Tom
    A true hero 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Barbados trip was a few weeks before christmas so legal as there was no lockdown then.

Can't deny a 100 year old guy the trip of a lifetime. British Airways and the Barbados tourist board paid for him and his family to go as a thank you for his efforts.
    And you could argue he was probably just as likely to catch it from a family member picking it up in the UK with our high rates as he was on the trip.

Why not go for it, not many chances left.
  • Options
    I never thought I'd be in tears of grief over the passing of a 100 year old man I'd never met. Choked. Perhaps it's because his death is a symbol of all the lives lost that are weighing heavily on all of us.

RIP Captain Tom. An amazing man and an example to everyone.
  • Options
    very sad times atm they wont last forever i hope. 

as others have said a beacon of light in these shitty times. 
  • Options
    Fell ill with pneumonia after returning from a Christmas holiday to Barbados, you have to wonder what his family were thinking of taking him out there. Ok it was something he wanted to do but what a price to pay. RIP Sir Tom

Edit I guess a terrible position to be in, he wanted to go do they deny a 100 year old man a "last wish" ?
    You know what, I'd like to think that if I was 100 I'd go to Barbados. He wasn't going somewhere with a high virus risk.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

You know what, I'd like to think that if I was 100 I'd go to Barbados. He wasn't going somewhere with a high virus risk.
    Apart from an airport & a sealed aircraft.

Yes I hope his family are happy that he was able to enjoy a last holiday rather than thinking going was the result of his passing.
  • Options
    The Barbados trip was a few weeks before christmas so legal as there was no lockdown then.

Can't deny a 100 year old guy the trip of a lifetime. British Airways and the Barbados tourist board paid for him and his family to go as a thank you for his efforts.
    As I said a terrible decision for his family to have to make. Whether legal or not it's a very high risk to take for somebody of that age in ill health.
  • Options
    6pm clap for him tonight 
  • Options

I see it that way. he was 100 and he had something on his bucket list he had the opportunity to do. If he didn't do it then, he may never have done it.