Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lockdown Drinks

Comments

• Options

With last night’s dinner. 
  • Options
    Thursday  
  • Options

In the garden this PM. 
  • Options
    got my latest beer 52 delivery as others have said too many stouts and dark beers for my liking and have now cancelled as £24`a month is just too punchy when i don't enjoy half the pack. 

the gypsy hill desert haze was lovely

others in the pack were but havent yet tried;

People Like Us Tea Party

People Like Us Pepper Spray

Wild Card Brewery Unite Tribute

People Like Us Oats of Disobedience

The Queer Brewing Project Take Up Space

Yeastie Boys Dream Sequence

Stroud Brewery Schwarzwalder Cherry Stout

• Options
    got my latest beer 52 delivery as others have said too many stouts and dark beers for my liking and have now cancelled as £24`a month is just too punchy when i don't enjoy half the pack. 

People Like Us Tea Party

I get Beer52 as well, you know you can set it so they only send you light beers right? That's what I get. If you log into your subscription and go to https://www.beer52.com/subscription/info at the bottom you can pick between mixed or light beers only. 

Ps the People Like Us Tea Party was banging (I had it last time). 
  • Options
    I'd be the opposite I think, happy if there were lots of stouts and unhappy if it was too IPA/wheat beer heavy.
  • Options

People Like Us Tea Party

Really like the Cherry. 
  • Options

People Like Us Tea Party

Try flavourly, 90% lighter beers I'd say. I got a pack based on it having oatmeal stout in it and they put blonde ales in instead!

That was there only fault so far though, not subscription, they send you a couple of offers a day which equate to about 20 beers for about 30 quid give or take.
  • Options
    The remains of my long Margareta. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I am two days in to being tea total until the boozers open again.

Mrs Elfs has been saying for ages I need to lose weight so I have reasoned it is now or never.
    I'm doing similar - don't drink too much at home normally but as I'm eating at home and sitting on my arse eating instead of walking to/from the station, going for a long walk at lunch etc, I need to avoid adding too many drink calories on top!
    How we getting on chaps.  I’ve gone cold turkey.  Yesterday was 3 weeks without a drink.  Just testing it as I realised I probably haven’t done that since I was maybe 17 back in the late 90s.  Going to try and keep it going 
    Going to have my first drink tonight after 72 days.  Was quite happy to have done it for that length of time and don’t feel the need to carry it on, but conversely will only drink tonight and then wait until next weekend.

going to try and pick one night of the weekend moving forward 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bought some Black Sheep Milk Stout as part of the (generally very interesting) Tesco 4 for £6 deal. Lovely!
  • Options
    I'm currently loving The Balvenie 12yo Double Wood. 

Very rich. Very smooth.
  • Options
    With lockdown easing to-morrow, I declare this thread terminated, or at least in hibernation until it all kicks off again.
  • Options
    I'm sure a lot more are still drinking at home rather than risking the pub.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Had a nice catch up with my old mate @davemehmet today. Lockdown has turned him in to bit of a girl....diet coke - what next? Mascara and Tena Lady?

• Options
    Had a nice catch up with my old mate @davemehmet today. Lockdown has turned him in to bit of a girl....diet coke - what next? Mascara and Tena Lady?

• Options
    The diet coke is fine, it is the fruit that is the issue.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The diet coke is fine, it is the fruit that is the issue.
    You leave @ricky_otto alone, what he does is his business.
  • Options
    Notice you got yourselves a good perving spot!
  • Options
    The Pros know the score 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should be a lime in diet coke, lemon is for full fat. 

I am drinking a Berliner Weisse brewed with, of all things, strawberry and olive apparently. It's alright for all that.
  • Options
    We actually made a bad choice, would have got a much better view of the bird in white if we’d picked a table to the right but thought it would look a bit sus if we moved.
  • Options
    We actually made a bad choice, would have got a much better view of the bird in white if we’d picked a table to the right but thought it would look a bit sus if we moved.
    It would have been much better if you weren’t there. 
  • Options
    Trouble is mate, whenever I’m out with him, people think I’m with my Dad.  Bit like care in the community day really. 
  • Options

Tonight’s drinks (in Australia?). 
  • Options
    Free beer from Brewdog. Good job it was free, I’d hate to have paid for it. 
  • Options
    WTF does "Double offset hazy IPA" mean?

Best Bitter, IPA, Light Ale or Stout - it ain't difficult.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    WTF does "Double offset hazy IPA" mean?

Best Bitter, IPA, Light Ale or Stout - it ain't difficult.

Double normally implies that it has a stronger ABV, around the 8% mark.
    6.5% definitely isn't a double.
    I'm normally pretty keyed up, but hope, this one has me beaten.
  • Options
    Hazy IPA - the double offset is a reference to them offsetting twice their carbon footprint. 
  • Options
    Hazy IPA - the double offset is a reference to them offsetting twice their carbon footprint. 
    That would make sense, this has been a huge part of Brewdogs recent marketing campaign.