Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lockdown Drinks

Comments

• Options
    Six months working in Guernsey led to this collection of lockdown supplies. Not much going on at the airport apart from the duty free shop.
    Please note the valley party postcards above. Even the coaster is one of those Charlton cup final ticket ones.
  • Options

We weren't going to drink again until Friday but we cooked three curries and Ms AA said they needed beers with them.  This is hers, Jagged Sky from Esher.  Yes, Esher.  Who knew you could get something good out of Esher?
  • Options

Mine.  From North Cornwall.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

And the cause of the beer being broken out early.  From top and clockwise, paneer chilli fry, Sri Lankan pineapple curry, and potato panch phoron.
  • Options

And the cause of the beer being broken out early.  From top and clockwise, paneer chilli fry, Sri Lankan pineapple curry, and potato panch photon.
    I love paneer but no one else eats it in my house so only ever have it from the takeaway 
  • Options

And the cause of the beer being broken out early.  From top and clockwise, paneer chilli fry, Sri Lankan pineapple curry, and potato panch photon.
    I love paneer but no one else eats it in my house so only ever have it from the takeaway 
    Phoron, not photon.  Damned auto-correct, I hate you!
  • Options
    that looks amazing - 13% quadruple IPA
  • Options
    Tonights beer - plane over car over train over boat. A tasty little Quadruple IPA ringing in at 13% ABV

You got scammed - there's only 16 fl oz in that pint.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Charlton_Charlie to add a pic from your phone simply click on this button above the text box, then click Choose FIles and select from your photo gallery 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonights beer - plane over car over train over boat. A tasty little Quadruple IPA ringing in at 13% ABV

Drink four of them and then try messaging everyone the beers name!
  • Options
    Just rediscovered milky coffee, no that ain't a euphemism, it's milk in a saucepan (or microwaved if you got one) straigt into a mug with a a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee. Better than the Tasimo
  • Options
    Just rediscovered milky coffee, no that ain't a euphemism, it's milk in a saucepan (or microwaved if you got one) straigt into a mug with a a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee. Better than the Tasimo
    Three problems with this:

1) hot milk is disgusting;

2) so is instant coffee;

3) more importantly, no alcohol!
  • Options
    Three problems with this:

1) hot milk is disgusting;

2) so is instant coffee;

3) more importantly, no alcohol!
    On their own maybe, but mix em together? Mind blown

Can always wack a brandy in for good measure
  • Options
    I do like a Trillium....thought I read that they'd closed down two of their sites @SomervilleAddick ?
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict admirable use of the drinks cabinet, but if isolation lasts too long, is there potential for some Withnail and I style drinks?
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict admirable use of the drinks cabinet, but if isolation lasts too long, is there potential for some Withnail and I style drinks?
    @SheffieldRed God, I hope not.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I do like a Trillium....thought I read that they'd closed down two of their sites @SomervilleAddick ?
    They shut down their two tap rooms in Boston as all the bars had to close, and the tap room at the brewery is also closed. They are still brewing - all the breweries are deemed essential - and they all got kerbside pickup. You can order/pay online and just go grab your order. Trillium have also added home delivery although I think the minimum order is a case. 

The brewery seems to be doing fine - delivery sales were shut off by 9:30 today as they’d reached their limit, and they have asked people to spread out their pickups as they were getting overwhelmed when they opened. 

They are releasing new beers regularly, no slow down there 
  • Options
    Here’s this evening’s doorstep beer.. a 7.2% IPA from Turning Point Brewery... marks the end of the working day (in lieu of a commute) and was actually able to catch up with a couple of neighbours whilst sat out here enjoying it. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On Guinness at the mo.  Wasn't planning to drink today, but keeping Mrs Stig company. She's upset at being put on furlough. I'd be dancing around the room if it was me, 80% pay for no work seems like a deal, but she's taken it really hard and feels rejected. 
  • Options
    So a latte then ? 
  • Options
    All All that’s left of my whisky collection
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Photo 2

• Options
    edited April 2020

Margarita - without the salt, seeing as I have high blood pressure. 
  • Options
    Photo 2

All round yours then, once the lockdown's over.
  • Options
    A trip to the dark side - Founders Backwoods Bastard. 11% of boozy warmth. Just what you need on a miserable rainy day. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    @SomervilleAddick also on the darker beers, stouts interspersed with the odd grisette to refresh the pallet. Pick of the bunch (below) was from Spain 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    @SheffieldRed. I’d never heard of that, so checked it out on Untappd  Get's a good score. Did the Jambo  promise more than it delivered? Typical Hearts. 
  • Options
    Garage are a good brewery @SomervilleAddick, whilst based in Catalonia they’re actually English the guys that run it. Jambo is a good beer, plenty of chocolate and raspberry but not a beer I enjoyed as much as say the Wilde Child.