Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lockdown Drinks

Comments

• Options
    Why risk drinking anything else dear boy.
  • Options

Let’s hope it improves your breath
  • Options
    not had a drink since lockdown started. 65th birthday on Saturday 4th so might have a double celebration not loosing to Millwall! 
  • Options
    Never normally drink at home but out of options at the moment!

Going to ensure I don’t drink Monday to Thursday, then enjoy having a few drinks at the weekends. 

Can see people getting in bad habits through this 
  • Options
    No evidence as the empties are in the re-cycling but I am mullering my collection of Single Malt Whiskey.
    Was meant to be going up to the highlands for my girlfriend’s b’day on Thursday, was definitely going to hit a distillery and bring a couple of bottles back :-( 

Mostly smashing red vino to be honest.  Drinking only on Friday, Sat and maybe Sunday though.  Don’t want to slip into the habit of drinking every night because of the lockdown 
  • Options
    that tamnavulin looks good 
  • Options

Going to ensure I don’t drink Monday to Thursday, then enjoy having a few drinks at the weekends. 

Also a good way to distinguish a weekend from a week day.

Having been on annual leave from work the last two weeks the weekends have felt like week days too with no sport or socializing anywhere.
  • Options

It's time to say good bye to the last century 🥳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Like, really like, no idea in that order.
  • Options
    Time to start going through the drinks cupboards.

First.  I was really looking forward to the 30yr old Glenmorangie at the back left but it's awful.
  • Options

Second, the fruity stuff and bitters.
  • Options

Third, the pretty bottles.
  • Options
    I've been drinking most nights, gone from a need to settle my nerves down to having spent a fortune on a cache of IPA and sour ale to sit for months in the garage to opening a tin at midday

I've countered this by spending a lot of time in the home gym. Drinking the beer cache 
  • Options

And for Ms AA, an albino brandy Alexander, seeing as I didn't have brown creme de cacao, only clear.
  • Options
    Arrived downstairs to be confronted by the evidence. Pernod from 3 xmas ago at least. Knew it would come in handy.
  • Options

Like, really like, no idea in that order.
    Glengoyne is the best of the three. Discovered it a year or so ago. Beautiful stuff. 
  • Options

I'm having to make a real effort to rein myself in at the moment.
    At the risk of sounding flippant, my alcohol intake graph is running almost parallel to the Covid-19 infections graph.
    Combination of boredom and constant underlying tension due to having so many "at risk" people amongst my close family and friends.
    No different to many others I am sure, but I am now having to make a conscious effort not to reach for a bottle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No real increase for me. During the week Always have one beer once kids are in bed. 

Just drinking cans of hobgoblin ruby from Aldi (£3.99 for 4 x 500ml) at moment - decanted obviously. 
  • Options

I'm having to make a real effort to rein myself in at the moment.
    At the risk of sounding flippant, my alcohol intake graph is running almost parallel to the Covid-19 infections graph.
    Combination of boredom and constant underlying tension due to having so many "at risk" people amongst my close family and friends.
    No different to many others I am sure, but I am now having to make a conscious effort not to reach for a bottle
    Yup. Me too. 
  • Options
    Same. I've got 7 (6 and a half now) bottles of red from Majestic, a Beer52 order of 8 beers, the beers we always have in the house as my flatmate is a beer rep + loads of spirits (because, as ex bartenders, we always have a load of bottles of something). 

My alcohol intake has increased slightly more than the usual of the last 5 years or so, but is nowhere near the levels it used to be when I worked bar so. I find a good way to distract myself is to have plenty of diet cola etc in the house. Whenever I fancy a nice drink I'll reach for that instead. Might work for some of you guys too maybe. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Apparently the PM is contemplating a ban on alcohol sales in Thailand. The reason is that Thais are always very sociable and congregate over a bottle of cheap whiskey or a few bottls of Chang regardless of directives to stay at home and self-isolate.

It won't work as people will stock up or drink the local moonshine, which will probably cause more deaths than COVID-19! And none of the small village stores ever comply with these directives anyway and these villages are mainly where this happens.

Anyway, as our cafe/bar is closed I have the remainder of the stock from there to see me through!
  • Options
    raiding my craft beer stash most nights for a can, maybe two...mixing it up with the occasional opening of a bottle of red wine as came home with a couple of cases from a day trip to France in January...don't know how to post pics on here but try and keep a record of my drinking on Instagram: @mattowense10 if anyone is interested... Cheers
  • Options
    I put some money into local businesses by ordering wine from Village Wines in Bexley and  beers from the Kentish Belle in Bexleyheath. All delivered to your door with a smile and I would very much recommend them both. 

I also ordered my first Beer 52 box and, despite trying to avoid the booze from Monday to Thursday, got through a couple of the beauties in the picture last night after a tough day in my dining room office....
  • Options
    @HandG if you've not signed up long term for Beer 52, do have a look at Honest Brew, Eebria and Beer Merchants for delivery services...tend to have much more choice than Beer 52...  Cheers
  • Options
    If anyone wants to make suggestions for the cocktail I'll make this weekend from the bottles in my cupboards, I'll see what I can do.

For tonight, I'm starting off with these...

... to make this beautiful little grasshopper.

:
    I know it's a bit early in the week but I didn't want to risk the cream going off.  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Wow, I'd completely forgotten the grasshopper. Used to have those in Rumours, Covent Garden, back in the 80s.
  • Options
    Arrived downstairs to be confronted by the evidence. Pernod from 3 xmas ago at least. Knew it would come in handy.
    Whack in some cider and you've got a red witch.
    Hoiked my insides up almost forty years ago after several pints of that. Well, two.