Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centenary Wall at Charlton Station Unveiled - with Seb Lewis tribute

Comments

• Options
    We would have to get permission from the owner of the building first and that might add to the cost
  • Options
    I will try and find out who the freeholder is. I can't see any reason why they would object. If it was celebrating the history of the club/ground/area, I am sure they could be persuaded.
  • Options
    Good man , good luck
  • Options
    It would be great to get another at the top of Floyd Road. In time.... 
    £5k to do it
    Banksy proved that there is dosh in graffiti ! 😉

Seriously though well done Henry et al.
  • Options
    Well done to everyone involved. Truly great idea.
  • Options
    Love it, superb work. 
  • Options
    It would be great to get another at the top of Floyd Road. In time.... 

A large mural featuring Seb perhaps
  • Options
    Bloke who did it lives on my road, done loads of them round Lewisham area. They all look excellent. That one is cracking and a great touch for Seb. 
  • Options
    That is a proper piece of art,love it,same can’t wait to see it...and yes what a terrific & beautiful touch...that tribute placed on it for Seb...well done everyone involved
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it looks classy without the badge. It will also help to reduce the chance of graffiti from fans of other clubs. 
  • Options
    Well done everyone. I think a mural by Floyd Road would be brilliant. Might be a way of using the Seb statue fund.
  • Options
    Will definitely help me when I’m pissed and not knowing where I am!
    We would have to get you one that said -------> Royal Oak :smile:

That mural is absolutely fantastic. Great work the museum guys.
  • Options
    It looks awesome, I can't wait to see it in person.
    I think you can wait.  About two months, maybe more.
  • Options
    If we had permission and a good design, we would raise £5k in a fortnight.
    That's the way to do it.  Get the permission, show people what it will look like, and the money should roll in.
  • Options
    If we had permission and a good design, we would raise £5k in a fortnight.
    That's the way to do it.  Get the permission, show people what it will look like, and the money should roll in.
    £5k was a ball park figure from Lionel Stanhope, the artist for the station mural. He'd already noticed the blank wall as a potential site. It could be more depending on what is needed.

He can do the design.

Local resident groups have access to council funds to uplift and beautify the area.  We tried to get some for the bridge project but some of them weren't keen so I gave up on them.

The permission is the first and potentially hardest step. If the owner says "no" you fall at the first hurdle.

The museum would like to have an input but I think this is a project for locals to lead on.
  • Options
    Great piece and great artist, if you ever plan more drip me a msg as I have lots of connections in that world. 
  • Options
    Mural looks great well done Henry!
  • Options
    Mural looks great well done Henry!
    Thanks but not just me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And just a reminder.

I know times are hard and uncertain but if you want to chip in towards the cost then use PayPal connected to our cafchistorian@gmail.com email address or ask us for bank details.
  • Options
    Brilliant and a decent red as well , great touch with Seb 1076

is it a special paint to stop it fading , flaking etc and who will it be maintained by if those things happen .
    Just wondering how long these things last before they need some more TLC 
  • Options
    It looks great, well done to everybody involved with this. CAFC and trains , what's not to like.
  • Options
    Absolutely superb 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Great work by all involved. Looks fantastic .
  • Options
    What an absolutely wonderful piece of work - and marvellous to include a tribute to Seb. Great work by Henry, Lionel and all concerned.

This just intensifies my desperation to get back down to The Valley.