Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A gofundme page for a Seb statue

Comments

• Options
    Would it be worth contacting Goldsmith's to ask if they have any current, or recent students, who might be interested in a commision? Keeps it local, possibly offer them their first piece of work and it may come in cheaper
    This is the way to go I think. What’s not to like about getting the statue done and helping a young aspiring sculptor in their career. 
  • Options
    Only my thought but a statue of Seb going into the Valley, so everyone can see him as we often did on matchday.  Like others say, it's to consult with the family and go with their wishes.  Whether that be a donation to an Asthma charity or a statue on his seat.
  • Options
    I think a major factor in the cost is the price of Bronze
  • Options
    Well done cafc fabs.
  • Options
    Can refer you to an earlier post. Rising cost of copper has increased price of bronze.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Can refer you to an earlier post. Rising cost of copper has increased price of bronze.
    That article is from 2011 when copper prices roofed currently copper is around half that cost although historically it is still at the higher end 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Whilst I can understand why a statue is a very popular idea, having seen numerous statues over the years some of them bear no resemblance to the person concerned.

See the Bob Munro post from yesterday for an example.
  • Options
    Almost £9,700 now wow, that’s impressive #CAFCFAMILY
  • Options
    Probably one of the best has to be cloughie
    At a cost of 60k I think though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes I think you're looking at 60-70k to get a top quality one. Worst thing would be to be stuck with one that had a terrible likeness. 
  • Options
    SV Hamburg had a legendary trainer/physio, Hermann Rieger. When he died a couple of years ago, they put up a brilliant big banner with his photo and it hangs permanently towards the corner flag at the home end. We could do worse than something like that, with the smiling Seb photo or the one where he's holding the trophy. 

• Options
    We have the banners at the top of the Covered End. There are some gaps. Is that because of piping or is there room for another banner. If not, maybe one of the banners could be replaced.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    We have the banners at the top of the Covered End. There are some gaps. Is that because of piping or is there room for another banner. If not, maybe one of the banners could be replaced.
    Gaps are because of beams but one could be replaced.

When me and @Rothko did back in the premier league days that was always the plan.

We also wanted the display space at the front of the Covered End uplt but it was deemed too valuable for advertising/sponsorship.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Yes I think you're looking at 60-70k to get a top quality one. Worst thing would be to be stuck with one that had a terrible likeness. 
    Absolutely. The Ronaldo one is almost as bad as this

• Options
    Real shame that none of the players have donated to this ...

are they doing their own thing? 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Lyle contacted someone last week so I’d imagine something is going on.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Talal said:
    Absolutely. The Ronaldo one is almost as bad as this

Looks more like Ronaldo than the other one.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

How do you know none of the players have donated?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Mendonca In Asdas
    I think you're right.
    We need to keep raising the money.
    Put some ideas and costings together at a later date.
    Then let Seb's family decide what they feel is most appropriate when they're ready to face it.
  • Options
    Personally i think whatever money is needed for a statue, banner, plaque etc we will raise it. 

Taylor has already said the players will chip in, and even if it needed a special fund raising event, collection buckets at the first home game after the lockdown or even proceeds from a pre season friendly (if we have a pre-season) we'll hit whatever target is required i'm sure of it.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    sammy391 said:

You can scroll through the list of people who have donated ...
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Stig said:
    sammy391 said:

But people can choose to remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Donating slowing now understandably but still a magnificent effort. £10,621
  • Options
    Stig said:
    sammy391 said:
    Stig said:
    sammy391 said:

But people can choose to remain anonymous.
    None of the players have donated yet but I have spoken to Lyle and I believe the club and players will be involved 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there’s been any updates with this?
  • Options
    I just looked it up and the total is £11,300 towards a goal of £15,000
  • Options
    That's a lot of money just sitting about for six months.

Makes you wonder how many other 'go fund me' accounts are lying dormant without the original plans for their use being put in place.