Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A gofundme page for a Seb statue

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    This is another example of Lionel Stanhope's work.

If people want a statue then great but imagine this as Seb on a wall near the ground or as part of a bigger "Murial" on Floyd Rd

He's certainy caught you in a good light there, Henners.
    I loved Alf Garnet.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think a statue in Sebs seat would be fitting. Forever watching Charlton through the good and the bad, just as he did in life.
    Totally agree with this idea.
  • Options
    Excuse me for saying this. Everyone has a right to spend their money where they wish.
     Seb was a legend at Charlton and will remain so for a long time.
     However, in the situation we find ourselves, my money will be going towards helping people who have no income at present, have lost their home, have problems feeding and looking after their children and to those who have lost their jobs in companies which will disappear during this epidemic. Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better. 
    There was no need for this post. There’s no need to justify why you are not donating to this cause. Better off not posting at all. I'll echo what someone else said. I found this to be an incredibly insensitive post. 
    Little sir echo .. are you on the moon ? .. the country is in the middle of an epidemic, the entire population is advised not to leave the house and not to go to work unless your job is essential  .. where do you think you or anyone is going to get a sculptor/engraver whatever to manufacture a Seb tribute in this climate ?????

READ THE LAST LINE OF MY POST .. 'Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better' .. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else BUT .. the last time I saw Seb was on the Sheffield tram after the Wednesday match this season, as usual he never said much, we exchanged a few words before he left the tram for the Station. He was a man I was very fond of as you'll see in the Seb RIP post .. This is a time where sentimentality over even a much admired deceased Addicks fan is misplaced .. IN MY OPINION . there are more urgent things to consider .. If you disagree, that is up to you .. BUT DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO POST OR THINK .. all right

AND DON'T LET THIS POST IN THESE TRYING TIMES DISINTEGRATE INTO A YET ANOTHER EXCUSE FOR A BULLSHIT ARGUEMENT
    Can only see one person starting a bullshit argument.
    It is beyond belief given that given the loss of Seb, and the massive issues facing not only the country but the World, that any of this helps.
    Absolutely respect your opinion, which in my opinion would have been best kept to yourself.
    My opinion is, I decide if when and if I want to support stuff, and on this occasion I decided straight away
  • Options
    Donated for statue or whatever, but also to show love for Seb and our club at this tricky time. We will never forget Seb and the far too many more friends and family that we are going to lose to this virus. We will remember them.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just thinking, as an alternative to a full on statue: Cast a version of his seat in bronze with his flag in bronze draped over it, so it clearly shows "SEB" in the corner (or apply artistic license). Not sure if that's clearly articulated, but I can see it in my head!
  • Options
    Lincs, give him the six fingers!
  • Options
    The Valencia fan statue is amazing 
  • Options
    The Valencia fan statue is amazing 

• Options
    Always thought Tony Watt was a bell, but he’s done himself a lot of credit over this. Would still kill for his talent, such a waste.

Anyway, nice touch from him.
    Can’t quite see you playing for the hoops.
  • Options
    Just donated to the fund and put a notification up on FB.

I think we should have his statue in the North East Quadrant by the side of the pitch, where the infamous fan sofa used to be. 
    Seb's arms in the air celebrating a Charlton victory with his flag as a mural painted as a backdrop on the wall behind him.
  • Options
    I'm with the statue idea, along the lines of the one in Valencia.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Best idea so far I think but would be expensive
     https://talksport.com/football/553258/valencia-honour-supporter-statue/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Yes, the quote I got for a JS statue was twice the cost of the Sam statue, partly because of the rising cost of bronze.

Here's an article from way back in 2011 that explores other options:

https://observer.com/2011/08/bronze-prices-rising-artists-explore-other-materials/

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Yes, the quote I got for a JS statue was twice the cost of the Sam statue, partly because of the rising cost of bronze.

https://observer.com/2011/08/bronze-prices-rising-artists-explore-other-materials/

I can't remembered if it was you, James, but someone suggested a bust which would obviously be cheaper with regard to the bronze.
    It would also be 'portable', so could spend time in the foyer, museum, Crossbars etc.
    It could even go to Wembley should we ever get there again.

• Options
    If there’s a bit of money left over, have a small portable steel/ bronze plaque of his flag made to fit on the front window of whatever team coach is used so that it can be said SEB1076 will continue to always arrive at an away ground ahead of the team...

Like that idea alot...👍
  • Options
    Last season the LA Dodgers wore a patch in their uniforms (sic) to mark the death of former player Don Newcombe

• Options

• Options
    Redskin said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I can't remembered if it was you, James, but someone suggested a bust which would obviously be cheaper with regard to the bronze.
    It would also be 'portable', so could spend time in the foyer, museum, Crossbars etc.

Yes that's true, but it'd be a shame not to have the whole Seb, as the whole Seb was so identifiable from a distance. 'Where's Seb?' was part of attending any away match.
    It looks like Lyle Taylor's getting involved, but with the club in a precarious position I worry that players might be less inclined to donate than they would be if they knew their futures were secure?
    Also, these fundme pages sometimes take off, so you never know.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Redskin said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Yes that's true, but it'd be a shame not to have the whole Seb, as the whole Seb was so identifiable from a distance. 'Where's Seb?' was part of attending any away match.
    It looks like Lyle Taylor's getting involved, but with the club in a precarious position I worry that players might be less inclined to donate than they would be if they knew their futures were secure?
    Also, these fundme pages sometimes take off, so you never know.
    I agree.A full size Seb would be ideal.
  • Options
    Gone over 9k now , fantastic 
  • Options
    Would it be worth contacting Goldsmith's to ask if they have any current, or recent students, who might be interested in a commision? Keeps it local, possibly offer them their first piece of work and it may come in cheaper