Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A gofundme page for a Seb statue

Comments

• Options
    Excuse me for saying this. Everyone has a right to spend their money where they wish.
     Seb was a legend at Charlton and will remain so for a long time.
     However, in the situation we find ourselves, my money will be going towards helping people who have no income at present, have lost their home, have problems feeding and looking after their children and to those who have lost their jobs in companies which will disappear during this epidemic. Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better. 
    There was no need for this post. There’s no need to justify why you are not donating to this cause. Better off not posting at all. I'll echo what someone else said. I found this to be an incredibly insensitive post. 
    Little sir echo .. are you on the moon ? .. the country is in the middle of an epidemic, the entire population is advised not to leave the house and not to go to work unless your job is essential  .. where do you think you or anyone is going to get a sculptor/engraver whatever to manufacture a Seb tribute in this climate ?????

READ THE LAST LINE OF MY POST .. 'Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better' .. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else BUT .. the last time I saw Seb was on the Sheffield tram after the Wednesday match this season, as usual he never said much, we exchanged a few words before he left the tram for the Station. He was a man I was very fond of as you'll see in the Seb RIP post .. This is a time where sentimentality over even a much admired deceased Addicks fan is misplaced .. IN MY OPINION . there are more urgent things to consider .. If you disagree, that is up to you .. BUT DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO POST OR THINK .. all right

AND DON'T LET THIS POST IN THESE TRYING TIMES DISINTEGRATE INTO A YET ANOTHER EXCUSE FOR A BULLSHIT ARGUEMENT

• Options
    Additional idea is that if Hull/Cardiff matches don’t get rescheduled, the club can give an added extra of option of having ticket money  donated to Seb’s memorial instead of refunds. 
    That’s a brilliant idea
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Excuse me for saying this. Everyone has a right to spend their money where they wish.
     Seb was a legend at Charlton and will remain so for a long time.
     However, in the situation we find ourselves, my money will be going towards helping people who have no income at present, have lost their home, have problems feeding and looking after their children and to those who have lost their jobs in companies which will disappear during this epidemic. Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better. 
    There was no need for this post. There’s no need to justify why you are not donating to this cause. Better off not posting at all. I'll echo what someone else said. I found this to be an incredibly insensitive post. 
    Little sir echo .. are you on the moon ? .. the country is in the middle of an epidemic, the entire population is advised not to leave the house and not to go to work unless your job is essential  .. where do you think you or anyone is going to get a sculptor/engraver whatever to manufacture a Seb tribute in this climate ?????

READ THE LAST LINE OF MY POST .. 'Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better' .. I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else BUT .. the last time I saw Seb was on the Sheffield tram after the Wednesday match this season, as usual he never said much, we exchanged a few words before he left the tram for the Station. He was a man I was very fond of as you'll see in the Seb RIP post .. This is a time where sentimentality over even a much admired deceased Addicks fan is misplaced .. IN MY OPINION . there are more urgent things to consider .. If you disagree, that is up to you .. BUT DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO POST OR THINK .. all right

AND DON'T LET THIS POST IN THESE TRYING TIMES DISINTEGRATE INTO A YET ANOTHER EXCUSE FOR A BULLSHIT ARGUEMENT

Leave it alone will you. You upset a few people already.
    you started it meeehhh mehhh @poppycock
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do the worm masicat, do the worm. 
  • Options
    Just another idea , the wall at the top of Floyd road would make for a great mural. Charlton heroes , Seb at the centre surrounded by players from the past , super Clive , Killer , BFG and current Lyle. Curbs & Lee Bowyer.

The current idea for that wall is for any mural to feature all aspects of the local history in Charlton - so CAFC is part of it, but not all of it. But having Seb as part of it, representing the fans, would be great. 
  • Options
    For me the statue is the one if achievable. 
  • Options
    For me the statue is the one if achievable. 
    I agree. The painting was just a suggested alternative if a statue isn't viable or affordable.

• Options
    I actually prefer the painting idea. Tend to be able to capture more character/emotion in that artform. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I actually prefer the painting idea. Tend to be able to capture more character/emotion in that artform. 

I would tend to agree about the emotion angle. The only caveat is that a wall mural is less secure than a statue - a wall could be knocked down.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I agree, I think a painting would be great. 

Nice blank wall next to the club shop too, if the next-door neighbour is up for it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Statues have been stolen but yes you are right
  • Options
    For me
    I think it's down to the person who started the fundraising and Sebs family.
    The Seb statue might reach £15000 and Sebs family say give the money to the NHS
    If there's other things in the pipeline then we start another fundraiser.

• Options
    Just another idea , the wall at the top of Floyd road would make for a great mural. Charlton heroes , Seb at the centre surrounded by players from the past , super Clive , Killer , BFG and current Lyle. Curbs & Lee Bowyer.

The current idea for that wall is for any mural to feature all aspects of the local history in Charlton - so CAFC is part of it, but not all of it. But having Seb as part of it, representing the fans, would be great. 
    Nice thought but when it comes to raise the money will the local community stick their hand in their pocket , I doubt it. We would
  • Options
    £6,860 now
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think a statue in Sebs seat would be fitting. Forever watching Charlton through the good and the bad, just as he did in life.
    Great idea
  • Options

Nice thought but when it comes to raise the money will the local community stick their hand in their pocket , I doubt it. We would
    Don't mistake the local miseryguts group for the local community, no matter what they'd have you think. In any case, there's developer funds available via the council for a broader project there. 

Anything for Seb should really be in or as close to the ground as possible.

• Options
    A statue is more likely to last the tests of time. Statue or bust for me.
    Agree. Whilst the idea of a painting is good and more affordable, in time this will become faded, start to peel and that is it, it's gone. A bronze statue is for ever, with the right kind of maintenance will look as good as the day it was made and even if maintenance was overlooked for a long period of time, bronze can always be restored back to it's original condition, no matter how bad the verdigris.

Funds permitting a statue all day long