Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A gofundme page for a Seb statue

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps a bust of Seb would be possible should a statue be one step too far ? 
  • Options
    Would it be a good idea to have something specially made that goes to every away game with the players , and stays at the valley for the home games - to match Sebs ‘following’?

could be a tradition for the first team to have seb with them in the dressing room et
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Serious question and not a leading one.

What would Seb want? I think his name on the player of the year trophy might have meant more to him and having his flag permanently on display. But I don't know of course. Maybe we should ask his family. Looking on e-bay, a couple of ventilators could be bought with the money donated so far. 
  • Options
    Who the hell is selling ventilators on eBay ?
  • Options
    I did have a thought of a small iron on version of his flag that could go on kits like the Poppy ones. Maybe fans could buy them to iron onto their kits and we could have them on the first team kits.
  • Options
    Whatever the outcome Idont mind but personally think it would be great for his flag to be flying proud in the covered end on the 1st game back at the valley or passed round the stadium as I'm sure there will be some sort of tribute on the pitch and in the programme as well and I'm sure there wont be a dry eye in the valley that day

• Options
    I can't  remember how much this cost.

Favours were done but £2.5k might cover it @SE7toSG3
    Personally, I feel a plaque is more appropriate, but it's none of my business.
    Without wanting to be too doom and gloom, it may also be rather easier to find a suitable alternative location for a plaque, should the worse come to the worst with the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did have a thought of a small iron on version of his flag that could go on kits like the Poppy ones. Maybe fans could buy them to iron onto their kits and we could have them on the first team kits.
    Like this
  • Options
    Lots of good ideas on here. 
  • Options
    Fantastic effort by all to get something worthy of Seb's memory. This is so important and necessary and people should be free to contribute to this cause if they so wish.  

The £50K mentioned is substantially less than Seb must have spent following his Club over the course of 22 years. It is also the equivalent of just 4 months rent for Southall's flat - but really not sure he would understand the comparison. One would need an appreciation of class, price and value to do that.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor has been in contact with the guy who started the gofundme page
    This would be great, as well as strengthening the bond between supporters and players. 
  • Options
    A flag,dedicated with a narrative to Seb,to fly above the Covered End maybe?
    Or his photo as a background on match tickets?
  • Options
    Some amazing ideas on here, personally I'd love to see a permanent version of his flag hanging where it has always been.

I didn't know him personally but I think the POTY trophy being named after him would be a lovely touch and serve as a reminder to the players of both Seb's personal legacy and the dedication of fans who follow them around the country watching them week-in week-out.

I love the programme idea, the plaque and the iron on for kits. A statue would be great as well - I'm just glad that it's already clear that something will happen to remember this legend, whatever it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just another idea , the wall at the top of Floyd road would make for a great mural. Charlton heroes , Seb at the centre surrounded by players from the past , super Clive , Killer , BFG and current Lyle. Curbs & Lee Bowyer. 

Great idea mate. 
  • Options
    Could we as a forum try raise a lump ? I've got a shirt or 2 I can donate 
  • Options
    Won a signed Charlton shirt in February which I am happy to donate. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Could we as a forum try raise a lump ? I've got a shirt or 2 I can donate 
    Won a signed Charlton shirt in February which I am happy to donate. 

Tony Watt has donated some stuff to the club via @Ollywozere and @LouisMend so you could both get in contact with them.

Or I'm sure a forum auction could work as well. Great of you both in any case.
  • Options
    Tony Watt showing his true class, I know people have said he had an attitude problem and didn't work hard enough but sinc ehe has left the club he has had nothing but good things to say about all things CAFC and is really going above and beyond for Seb.
    Absolutely, top man
  • Options
    Excuse me for saying this. Everyone has a right to spend their money where they wish.
     Seb was a legend at Charlton and will remain so for a long time.
     However, in the situation we find ourselves, my money will be going towards helping people who have no income at present, have lost their home, have problems feeding and looking after their children and to those who have lost their jobs in companies which will disappear during this epidemic. Ask me for a donation when this mess is showing signs of getting better. 
    I didn’t know Seb, but I’ve just donated. It won’t stop my other charitable giving.

if all the worms in the world were joined end to end they would reach the moon. However, you can bet one would wriggle and spoil it all.