Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bored? Any tips to make social isolation more bearable?

Comments

• Options
    If you've always intended to research your family history, but never had time, this could be your opportunity!  It's a good way to spend a wet day if you've run out of DIY jobs.  Just be prepared to find some skeletons.  

There are plenty of free websites to get you started (PM me if you want suggestions), and firms like Ancestry generally have a few days free introductory offer so you can see what is available before committing yourself to membership.

Once you are getting to grips with the genealogy, there is plenty more you can do on the internet to put flesh on the bones - eg find old illustrations of places they lived, trades they followed, churches where they were married, campaign medals they were awarded, etc. - which you could use to illustrate a biography of a chosen ancestor and their immediate family...  More accessible for other family members to read than pages of births, marriages, deaths, and census returns! 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    I have spent the last three days trying to pause fucking Sky Sports, it fails every time, I will miss the hatred of Sky once it actually does it. Still it has relieved the boredom. One more go as I write Doh!
    Glad we are not the only ones ...
  • Options
    Still going to work during the week. Spent today doing some gardening, jet washing the drive then washing two cars. Then 45 minutes in the hot tub to wind down.
  • Options
    Still going to work during the week. Spent today doing some gardening, jet washing the drive then washing two cars. Then 45 minutes in the hot tub to wind down.
    Surely the hot tub creates its own bubbles.
  • Options
    20. An English man in New York? Wrong flag.
  • Options
    Try to round up horses in Eltham

That made me laugh. Your Dad was good at that, in fact he used to bring them home and leave them in the garden.

I bottled it at the last second, he gave me that look like he was stopping for no one.

That's why I always keep a pocketful of chopped carrots with me. Never know when it's going to come in handy.
  • Options
    Take up playing an instrument.. Just got myself a banjolele, it's amazing what you can play on it.
    Harmonica's another good one to try and you can keep one in your pocket.
    You live alone,  don't you?

Not yet!
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Eh?
    Should be the cross of St George.
  • Options

Guess the song...   (Warning: I don't have all the answers  :/

1. ✈️🌕

2. 💵💶💰

3. X👩‍🦰x 😭

4. 🍂🍁🌧️

5. 💃🏻🐵

6. 🕯️🌬️

7. 👦🏽🧒👨🏻👩🏾👩‍🦰👩🏼‍🦱🌎

8. 💔❤️

9. 🎹👱🏼‍♂️

10. 👳🏽‍♂️👳🏽‍♂️💃🏻

11. 🌉💩💦

12. 🎨⚫

13. 🌞🕐🩸🌞🕐

14. 🔈🔇

15. 💃🏻👑

16.. 😢☁️

17. 🏠🌅

18. 🌌🎇

19. 🐥🐥🐥

20. 🇬🇧👨🏻‍🦰🗽

Guess the song...   (Warning: I don't have all the answers  :/

1. ✈️🌕

2. 💵💶💰

3. X👩‍🦰x 😭

4. 🍂🍁🌧️

5. 💃🏻🐵

6. 🕯️🌬️

7. 👦🏽🧒👨🏻👩🏾👩‍🦰👩🏼‍🦱🌎

8. 💔❤️

9. 🎹👱🏼‍♂️

10. 👳🏽‍♂️👳🏽‍♂️💃🏻

11. 🌉💩💦

12. 🎨⚫

13. 🌞🕐🩸🌞🕐

14. 🔈🔇

15. 💃🏻👑

16.. 😢☁️

17. 🏠🌅

18. 🌌🎇

19. 🐥🐥🐥

20. 🇬🇧👨🏻‍🦰🗽

8 what becomes of a broken hearted?
  • Options
    Well I've been trawling back through the shenanigans thread, but in all honesty I wouldn't recommend that unless you've got a lot of time on your hands...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    9. piano man
    12. paint it black 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Eh?
    Sorry. Forgot about the quiz on the previous page. 
    Thought it was the random ramblings of a mad man 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Eh?
    Sorry. Forgot about the quiz on the previous page. 
    Thought it was the random ramblings of a mad man 
    Give it another couple of days, then you can call me that.
  • Options
    1. Plane Cheese
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Is the last one John Humphrey poking his finger in a can of tuna?
  • Options
    I have unverified answers to 18 of the 20 quiz questions which I'll list a bit later.  The real sticking points are 10 and 13.  I was hoping the CL collective could supply me the solutions that would give me bragging rights over my brother ... who also hasn't got the answers. Sorry  :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Take it, you don't eat carrots. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    T_C_E said:

Take it, you don't eat carrots. :smiley:
    I don’t mind thinly sliced carrots on my kebabs. 😂
  • Options
    We have formed a board game isolation league for the duration. Sadly, wife is leading by 2 but we can pull it back.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Stig said:
    I've resolved to improve my guitar playing. I want to move on from being a basic strummer to actually having an understanding of the instrument. I can recommend Justin Sandercoe if anyone else wants to do this.

Think I'll be getting back into tabletop photography as the opportunities for my usual wildlife stuff are going to be restricted. If there's enough interest here we could have a weekly indoor photography competition; different theme and a virtual prize each week. What do you reckon?

Right now I'm enjoying watching Mrs Stig give our eldest a haircut and turning him into David Sowerbutts.
    How many different types of table top have you got mate? Can’t wait until you can run through them all with us...
    Just the glass coffee table  ;)
    Welcome to the forum Mark.

You were one of my favourite defenders in the Premier league years.
  • Options
    @Redskin  really liking your art mate 👍
  • Options
    When can we start on the Easter eggs, Mrs GA has brought for all the young children in the family?
  • Options
    Sporcle quiz site can pass a few hours. I am now fully conversant with the positions of all African, European and Asian countries, as well as the US states... 

https://www.sporcle.com/games/mhershfield/ive-got-a-blank-map-baby 
  • Options
    @Redskin  really liking your art mate 👍
    They're just doodles really, AUN, but thank-you, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    When can we start on the Easter eggs, Mrs GA has brought for all the young children in the family?
    Yesterday in the Mehmet household!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Think I'll be getting back into tabletop photography as the opportunities for my usual wildlife stuff are going to be restricted. If there's enough interest here we could have a weekly indoor photography competition; different theme and a virtual prize each week. What do you reckon?

I'll get the ball rolling here with the first theme. The female body form in all it's glory.

Good luck all. I'll nominate myself for judge.