Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Over 70s

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Izal was pretty grim back in the day.
    Not forgetting the more up-market Bronco:

• Options
    Corbyn refusing to self isolate. Fucking great example. Prat.
  • Options
    Source?
  • Options
    I am going to start using Wiltshire Farm Foods, is there anyone who uses them are has done in the past? just like to know what you thought about them.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    Does anyone know the true facts about being able to go shopping if over 70 and have no underlying medical condition. Iam lead to understand it is
     safe to do so and if you keep away from pubs,theatres ect.
  • Options
    been stuck indoors .. cheesed off already ((:>)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Derek1952 said:
    Does anyone know the true facts about being able to go shopping if over 70 and have no underlying medical condition. Iam lead to understand it is
     safe to do so and if you keep away from pubs,theatres ect.
    Derek, as of today, you or anyone can do as they please, no one should try and stop them.

Although the recommendation is to stay away from others and don't put your hands near your face.
    So you could walk round a park, uncrowded areas with no problem.

However, if you do go out, try and keep 2 metres/6 feet from others just in case they cough or sneeze near you.

You will be touching things when you're out, so don't put your hands or gloved hands near your face, because the virus can only be contacted through your nose, mouth or eyes.

When you get in wash your hands immediately & thoroughly with soap & hot/warm water. 

So yes you can go shopping observing the above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would of thought his personality would do that anyway?
  • Options
    Quite a few MPs feel that are above the medical advice and probably distributing free samples of C19. Typical fucking selfish cunts!
  • Options
    And still no mention of the virus on The Archers!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just had an email from Tesco, 

To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop in-store, we will prioritise one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am (except in our Express stores) and ask that you respect this.
  • Options
    I think if any over seventies are found on the street then they should be shot without warning, as a sixty-two year old it seems the only way to stop these old farts from wandering aimlessly 
  • Options
    I think if any over seventies are found on the street then they should be shot without warning, as a sixty-two year old it seems the only way to stop these old farts from wandering aimlessly 
    Thanks Harry and I think you are wonderful too  :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I am going to start using Wiltshire Farm Foods, is there anyone who uses them are has done in the past? just like to know what you thought about them.
    I’ve seen their adverts and they look ok. Maybe give them a try for a week or so. At least you would expect to get a delivery. But don’t forget you can always ask for help on here. If you need any shopping there will always be someone willing to assist. You are part of the CL family x
  • Options
    Anyone else expecting trouble trying to keep their elderly loved ones at home? My 92 year old mother in law keeps going on about going to the shops and going on the bus, although we've said we'll sort her shopping out for her. I fully understand that she doest want to feel restricted or that she's losing her independence, but for someone of her age it could literally be a life or death decision.
  • Options
    I’ve seen their adverts and they look ok. Maybe give them a try for a week or so. At least you would expect to get a delivery. But don’t forget you can always ask for help on here. If you need any shopping there will always be someone willing to assist. You are part of the CL family x

Yes I will give them a go, thank you for your kind words
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Anyone else expecting trouble trying to keep their elderly loved ones at home? My 92 year old mother in law keeps going on about going to the shops and going on the bus, although we've said we'll sort her shopping out for her. I fully understand that she doest want to feel restricted or that she's losing her independence, but for someone of her age it could literally be a life or death decision.
    Same here...we'll need army patrols to remove pensioners from the streets!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    They still have trouble with foot and mouth and with culling badgers.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    but watch out for Hell's Grannies 
    https://youtu.be/SmzMzmnB-iQ
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    They still have trouble with foot and mouth and with culling badgers.
    Linda Snell would have sorted it but she's laid up in hospital herself.
  • Options
    Margaret Rutherford would have given them what for!
  • Options
    I ordered a pack of clinical face masks on Amazon, the ETA was mid April, they arrived by post today. At least if things get desperate I can do a quick 'supermarket sweep' without being recognised. I just hope the masks weren't made in Wuhan ((:>)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    No we'll need Army patrols to control the greedy bastard hoarders who clear the shelves by their selfish behaviour.
  • Options
    I ordered a pack of clinical face masks on Amazon, the ETA was mid April, they arrived by post today. At least if things get desperate I can do a quick 'supermarket sweep' without being recognised. I just hope the masks weren't made in Wuhan ((:>)

You can't wear them to the supermarket, Lincs ..... you're over 70 and not allowed out.

Although they'll come in handy for your next DIY job in the house, when you're doing the sanding.

• Options
    Stig said:
    I used Wiltshire Farm Foods for many years, delivering dinners to my mum when she was alive. She had dementia so they were a bit of a life saver, knowing she was getting meals delivered. Very reliable service. 

Whilst the meal portions were fine for mum, they may be a bit small for a full grown man. 
  • Options
    Sorry Lincs, but medical expert on TV said, if you do not have the virus, wearing a mask can do more harm than good and if you do have the virus wearing a mask will not stop you from spreading it, she went into detail, but you have the jist