Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Turner seriously ill (ed. RIP Les, Feb 2020)

Comments

• Options
    That is amazing Danny; great that the club will honour your father in this way. Hope you are ok. 
  • Options
    I’ll be doing a tribute to Les on the Charlton Fan Show on Lovesport radio at 7.00pm to 8.00pm this evening.
  • Options
    for those interested Dad (Les) will be the pride of the Valley on Saturday. I’ll be pitch side with my kids before KO about 2.50pm apparently 

looking forward to it, will be very emotional and I’ve sent across a few pics for the programme.
    Pleased to hear this and not before time. I will break my usual habit and be in early to see it. Enjoy it, your Dad would.
  • Options
    I’ll be doing a tribute to Les on the Charlton Fan Show on Lovesport radio at 7.00pm to 8.00pm this evening.
    Is this available to listen to by podcast or something?, I’m not around until Friday really. Thanks 
  • Options
    Is this available to listen to by podcast or something?, I’m not around until Friday really. Thanks 
    If you go onto the Lovesport website.
    Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the top left hand corner
    Tap ‘On Demand’
    Tap ‘Love Sport London’
    Tap ‘On Demand’
    Scroll down to the Charlton Fans Show
    Tap the Charlton Fans Show
    Tap Charlton Fans Show (4th March)
    Press Play

My tribute to your dad is approx 30 minutes in after the feature involving Leko/Casilla 

Paddy, our producer has also filmed it so I’ll get that to you as well. 
  • Options
    Just managed to listen to it waiting at the airport to fly home, great tribute - many thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done the club, nice tribute to Les.
    Would have preferred it at some point during the game but at least it was done.
  • Options
    Fitting tribute to a great man.  
  • Options
    @Elthamaddick There's a nice 2 page tribute from Rick in this month's Voice as well.
  • Options
    yep I saw @Airman Brownand picked one up from him, also a great well written tribute
  • Options
    Well done today Dan, not easy pal, red red Robin done me back in October x
  • Options

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lesturner2020

whilst Dad liked flowers, a few people have asked if we had any alternative for those not wishing to send flowers. We've set this up for anyone who wished to donate.

Many thanks

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought of Les this morning and how he's been spared the distress and disappointment of this week...
  • Options
    Well done today Dan, not easy pal, red red Robin done me back in October x

having that played at his funeral
  • Options
    For anyone wondering (or who may have been planing to attend) the funeral tomorrow goes ahead as scheduled. Have had a few drop outs (mainly from those who were travelling some distance) totally understandable in the current climate and everyone has to do what they feel is best given the current situation. However I for one am just very glad we didn't have to delay it.

Details further up this thread, Falconwood Crem @ 12.30 then the Boathouse in Danson Park after.

Thanks 

• Options
    Hope it goes well mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Can quite understand there being some very disappointed people around, who,  because of the current situation will have to choose not to attend.
    No doubt they will be well choked.
    One comforting thing is the knowledge that Les, being a kind and considerate guy, would have completely understood their decision.
    I hope the day goes well and that the service reflects the high esteem in which he was held by all at the club and beyond........I’m sure it will.
    RIP.....Les......RIP.
  • Options
      All the best, Danny.  Nice touch by Tracey and the club. Good to hear Les had a good send off; and yes, he did touch so many with his kindness.

• Options
    You, Laura and all your family did yourself proud today. Will miss Les so much.