Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Turner seriously ill (ed. RIP Les, Feb 2020)

Comments

• Options
    RIP Les.
  • Options
    Sincerest condolences to family and friends.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Les. Saw him up at Stoke a few weeks back just one of those people you always saw at away grounds.   I think his picture appeared in a programme back in 1972 coming back from Brighton on the short lived league liner.  Also remember a lovely article in the Voice some years back either penned by him or about him. 
  • Options
    RIP Les, proper Charlton and was always there when I started going away on the coaches.

Am I right in saying he was involved with managing The Nolans at some point?
    Yep he did that for about 15 years!
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Les

Sorry for your loss Elthamaddick
  • Options
    Knew Les from Lewis coach travel days. A very nice man who lived and breathed Charlton. 
    May you rest in peace Les 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Les.
  • Options
    RIP Les.
  • Options
    RIP Les, condolences to his family
  • Options
    R.I.P Les use to see him a lot on the journey up . Les got on the 10.59 at Gravesend always said hello if he saw me 
  • Options
    RIP Les.
  • Options
    Dreadful news, just such a lovely, kind man, would do anything to make sure he was at all of our games, we've lost a true legend today. Thoughts and prayers with Danny and family. RIP Les. 
  • Options
    RIP Les...Forever An Addick
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    RIP Les and best wishes to his family.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny so sorry to hear this sad news,thinking of the goodtimes spent with Les so many years ago.
    That coach in the sky Lewis Coaches is filling up as the years roll by,Big Chris,Eddie the driver,Betty and now you father Les. He is with good friends ,condolences to you and all his family.

Rip Les Turner

Mr and Mrs Lewis Coaches.
  • Options
    RIP Les.So many glowing tributes to you.I am sure Chris Slattery and many others are waiting to greet you.Thank you.😀
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    a picture of les on route to an away game in the 1960's
    Les reminds me of Bob Curtis in this photo 2nd right and Big Chris with short hair in the middle 
  • Options
    RIP Les 
  • Options
    RIP Les.
    A gentleman.
  • Options
    I knew Les through a friend and got to know him on the terraces at the Valley and Selhurst Park. Hadn't seen him for a while but bumped into him outside the Valley a few weeks back and had a quick chat with him which now I am so glad I got the chance to do. Absolute great guy and a true gent. Really sad news and a great loss not only to his family but anybody who had the honour and pleasure to spend time with him.
    RIP Les. You will be missed greatly by so many.
  • Options
    Ah Dan, I’m so sorry mate.

Thinking of you and your family. 

The core Charlton fanbase has sadly lost another key individual. 

RIP Les