Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can't see past a 0-5 defeat.
  • Options
    We should be beating the likes of Blackburn Rovers.
    I wonder if Mowbray is even aware of the impact he had with that comment.

Its funny, because whenever I see or hear anything from him it's all I ever think of now. And I have an automatic dislike of him as a result!!

And yet for all I know it might have just been something he said on the spur of the moment, without even thinking, during the heat of the moment of that post match press conference in Boro. 
  • Options
    We should be beating the likes of Blackburn Rovers.
    I wonder if Mowbray is even aware of the impact he had with that comment.

Its funny, because whenever I see or hear anything from him it's all I ever think of now. And I have an automatic dislike of him as a result!!

And yet for all I know it might have just been something he said on the spur of the moment, without even thinking, during the heat of the moment of that post match press conference in Boro. 
    Perhaps Bows pre-kick off will remind our team in the dressing room what Mowbray once said?

It could be good motivation.

• Options
    Never liked Mowbray as a player and with all due respect I do not like him as a manager either. Not that keen on Blackburn and really enjoyed that early win in August amidst a sea of patronising comments from the folk in Lancashire. Really think we might sneak this. Another clean sheet, 1-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    I’m feeling optimistic so I’m going 4-1 to The Addicks. 
  • Options
    I've no idea what side we'll put out. With no midweek game next week, I don't see the need to rest Lyle, Cullen or Davis. none of them looked especially tired after Tuesday. Bowyer might be concerned about suspensions, both Lockyer and Pratley are 1 booking from a 2 match ban, with 5 matches to go until they're safe. He won't want both out at the same time.

Don't underestimate Blackburn though, they're in good form despite their injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw, with the wind causing chaos there will be defensive errors at both ends.
    I didnt realise Lockyer was 1 booking away as well. You may have a good shout there, lets see if they both start tomorrow.

I know hes not exactly been dazzling this season, and i havent seen anybody mention in their predicted line ups  him playing or even on the bench, but i thought Oztumer looked sharp and quite threatening against Forest. Would maybe start him,good for his confidence as well, and then you could possibly have Williams and/or McGeady on a strong bench.
  • Options
    I used to think of Blackburn as a bogey team for us until we beat hem 1-0 off a Simon Church volley. Bit embarrassing that. I've found it hard to be quite so nervous about them since then. What I really, really, really want is for us to win two games in a row at some point. Not the biggest ask in the world but something we haven't done since August which is pretty despressing. If we can get a couple of wins on the bounce we should be able to start to ease away from relegation a bit early and hopefully see confidence grow in the team for the end of the season.

I'm going with 1-0 win, goalscorer whoever looks most like Church. Doughty I guess.
    Do you mean on the baaaannncce?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 0-7 Blackburn
  • Options

Ok, have I dun the right thing or a stupid thing. 5 pints in I accepted the friendly invite from Rovers fans in me local to join them for a sherbet at 3.00pm tomorrow as they have the game on the tele. We all know what happens at big crowd games. 
    Anyway as of 5 pints in I am going with me Charlton tee shirt on. 
    Right 
    Or
    Stupid
    You decide.
    Anyway at 2.50 a pint the more u sup the more you save!
    Please win boys
    Go full kit. 
    Ok Viglen shirt then but really not the shorts. Not a good sight. Pissed and out.
  • Options
    Blackburn aren't good at defending set pieces. 2-1 Charlton
  • Options
    Cannot wait for tomorrow, bringing 4 of my mates, bringing them in the North upper to give them a taste of a proper atmosphere with the majority of them being Arsenal fans.

Place is gonna be baaancinnnn'

6 nil Charlton 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    They’ve conceded the least goals in the Championship from set-pieces. Only 6 all season whereas we have conceded 10 from set-pieces (the vast majority, 7 of them, have been away from
    home).

They’ve scored 10 from set-pieces, whilst we have scored 12 (the vast majority, 8 of them, have been at home).

The teams who have scored the most goals from set-pieces so far this season are West Brom, Cardiff, Birmingham, and Millwall.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    They’ve conceded the least goals in the Championship from set-pieces. Only 6 all season whereas we have conceded 10 from set-pieces.

They’ve scored 10 from set-pieces, whilst we have scored 12.

The teams who have scored the most goals from set-pieces so far this season are West Brom, Cardiff, Birmingham, and Millwall.
    I was talking about the 2012/13 campaign.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    They’ve conceded the least goals in the Championship from set-pieces. Only 6 all season whereas we have conceded 10 from set-pieces.

They’ve scored 10 from set-pieces, whilst we have scored 12.

I was talking about the 2012/13 campaign.
    Okay, but why were you talking about a campaign from 7 years ago instead of tomorrow? Just confused me, that’s all.
  • Options
    Work has been cancelled for me, any spares floating about would be great. Gave my 1/2 season tickets to my daughter in law and would be awkward to ask back now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would definitely start with Hemed. Think he’s the perfect foil for Taylor and will get match sharper. Plus he deserves it after the shift he put in at Forest.
  • Options
    Work has been cancelled for me, any spares floating about would be great. Gave my 1/2 season tickets to my daughter in law and would be awkward to ask back now
    Have a check in the morning mate will be a few going around 👍
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Would definitely start with Hemed. Think he’s the perfect foil for Taylor and will get match sharper. Plus he deserves it after the shift he put in at Forest.
    At his age, completely knackered after the shift he put in at Forest, Hemed is probably dreading being picked for the starting XI ..... and rather hoping he's on the bench!

• Options
    cazo said:
    Have a check in the morning mate will be a few going around 👍
    Nice one thanks mate.
  • Options
    Blackburn site doesn’t seem to mention how many tickets they have sold but says no sales on the day. So are there too few seats left to put on sale in case lots of ticketless Blackburn fans decide to turn up on the day or loads of unsold tickets that charlton now have available for home fans ?
  • Options
    Blackburn site doesn’t seem to mention how many tickets they have sold but says no sales on the day. So are there too few seats left to put on sale in case lots of ticketless Blackburn fans decide to turn up on the day or loads of unsold tickets that charlton now have available for home fans ?
    2000 according to Blackburnlife
  • Options
    I'm staying up for this one...
  • Options
    Charlton 2-1 Blackburn 
  • Options
    IT’S GAME DAY!
  • Options
    Got a last minute invitation to the Keith Peacock suite for lunch today so looking forward to that. Will be good to be comfy before all the crowds and seat kickers arrive. Looks like it’s gonna be wet and windy. May not be the finest football spectacle ever but we have nowt to fear if we play like we did on Tuesday. COYR.