Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    No way will Cullen be rested. Not at his very best but so important to see him playing 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Hoping the Dartford bridge doesn't shut, or else it will be a crappy journey
    Nailed on to be shut in high winds isn't it or do they just stop high sided vehicles from crossing?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Nailed on to be shut in high winds isn't it or do they just stop high sided vehicles from crossing?
    Why didn't they use strong weather proof Bolts ?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Why didn't they use strong weather proof Bolts ?
    They're known as Usains in the trade, sam.

:smile:
  • Options
    I've no idea what side we'll put out. With no midweek game next week, I don't see the need to rest Lyle, Cullen or Davis. none of them looked especially tired after Tuesday. Bowyer might be concerned about suspensions, both Lockyer and Pratley are 1 booking from a 2 match ban, with 5 matches to go until they're safe. He won't want both out at the same time.

Don't underestimate Blackburn though, they're in good form despite their injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw, with the wind causing chaos there will be defensive errors at both ends.
  • Options
    I've no idea what side we'll put out. With no midweek game next week, I don't see the need to rest Lyle, Cullen or Davis. none of them looked especially tired after Tuesday. Bowyer might be concerned about suspensions, both Lockyer and Pratley are 1 booking from a 2 match ban, with 5 matches to go until they're safe. He won't want both out at the same time.

Don't underestimate Blackburn though, they're in good form despite their injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw, with the wind causing chaos there will be defensive errors at both ends.
    Let's hope there are more at there end than ours.  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    With the current weather predictions, lets just go for the 5-0-5 formation and just smack the ball up there all game
  • Options
    With the current weather predictions, lets just go for the 5-0-5 formation and just smack the ball up there all game
    Well said Kayal 
  • Options
    What about  Lyle and Bonne up front ?

They would scare most Championship defences shitless. 

• Options
    1 nil El Kharkouri in the last minute 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams gets closed down and fouled so much I now wonder if he would know what to do if he ended up with the ball in a bit of free space, it must be a distant memory.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Williams gets closed down and fouled so much I now wonder if he would know what to do if he ended up with the ball in a bit of free space, it must be a distant memory.
    That is the beauty of JW - he draws in 2/3 opponents, if we can then beat that press it leaves others in far more space. I want to see him and Oztumer in the same team - could be lethal.
  • Options
    I do believe Green will play a part, with his ability to run at defences with the ball at pace.
    Remember, he's got 2 goals and an assist in his last 4 games.

There was some talk from Preston a while back that Green has a few issues with an arthritic toe;
    it was said he couldn't play 2 full games on both a Saturday and midweek together.

I wonder if that was the reason he was rested last Tuesday at Forest?

Nevertheless, I feel certain that he'll be on the field v Blackburn, whether starting or impact sub.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I do believe Green will play a part, with his ability to run at defences with the ball at pace.

There was some talk from Preston a while back that Green has a few issues with an arthritic toe;
    it was said he couldn't play 2 full games on both a Saturday and midweek together.

Nevertheless, I feel certain that he'll be on the field v Blackburn, whether starting or impact sub.

Bad timing to post that...

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-could-be-missing-key-attacker-for-barnsley-match/
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

• Options
    Something tells me a strong lump like Aneke playing with Taylor may be a good option for the conditions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if the game would be in doubt if the predicted storm hits....driving rain and 50mph+ winds?.

safety reasons blah blah...would be a shame given the sell out crowd
  • Options

Don't think the rain is that bad at the time of KO, its more after the game.

Millwall played in worse conditions last week, I'm confident it'll go ahead.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-could-be-missing-key-attacker-for-barnsley-match/
    Story of my life, Forever! ....... haha

• Options
    What about  Lyle and Bonne up front ?

They would scare most Championship defences shitless. 

Only had 45 minutes together and they did the old one two against Bristol City and Bonne blasted the ball in down the Covered end. Luton hopefully after Bonne gets 15 to 20 minutes against Blackburn.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Story of my life, Forever! ....... haha

Haha - Nice to know it doesnt just happen to me Oggy
  • Options
    Williams and McGeady to share the 96 minutes as i Can't see them on the field at the same time. 
    Short game this week then 
  • Options
    Met office has heavy rain from 09.00-15.00 together with high winds. Wrap up everybody!
  • Options
    I obviously want Charlton to win but I would take a point right now.
  • Options
    Bit of a long shot but does anyone have a spare ticket in the East? Eternally grateful
  • Options
    Tony Mobray quote ahead of the game;

He aded: “We have five, six or seven players out who could start this weekend.

“The dynamics of the team is changing as injuries come along.

“Gallagher’s injury early last week changed the dynamics of how we had to set the team up.

“Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, they’re all creative players, Corry Evans missing in midfield, so we’re missing a front foot press from the middle of the pitch because he’s an exceptional talent.

“We’re just trying to find a way each week, as we pick up more injuries, the best chance to win the game that’s in front of us.

“As the injured players come back, the dynamic might go back to what we’ve been doing but we’re looking forward to this game.

Mobray and Bowyer should be able to share some similar thoughts.