Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough Chairman Interview - Marcus Maddison

Comments

• Options
    Excellent interview. I wrote what I thought of Maddison last night on the "Postmortem thread" and nothing I've heard from the Peterborough Chairman has changed my view about him of what he and Ferguson are trying to achieve:

I can't help thinking that we might have dodged a bullet in not signing Maddison. He strikes me as being a player you have to build a team around but not one to go to war with. For all his assists and goals, there will be times he will go missing or sulk.

Also believe that it is no coincidence that since Ferguson left him out of the squad, Peterborough have won four on the bounce including beating the previous top three in League One, namely Rotherham (2-1), Wycombe (4-0) and Ipswich (4-1).
  • Options
    I contacted all the Championship Chairman and no one else fancied him.

Speaks volumes about Maddison's character and the fact that both he and his agent are obviously greedy feckers. Take the good deal, work hard, become successful and then see where that takes you.

Surprised there was nothing about Eisa, unless I missed it.
  • Options
    Seems to contradict what Bowyer said the other day that we hadn’t bid £1m for anyone.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    More excited for summer, if Southall went into the chat wanting to buy Toney - and throwing offers At Peterborough in order to sign him! 

If someone that southall trusts, says that charlton are into big things - and is confident Charlton will get promoted (keeps saying the money was guaranteed etc) then there must be some money there!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Seems to contradict what Bowyer said the other day that we hadn’t bid £1m for anyone.
    Moment a club confirms its going that sort of money to splash everyone will want it for their players

Bowyer did the smart thing for me

Its the only slightly annoying thing about the interview as DM has basically confirmed we were willing to spend so will alert clubs ahead of the summer
  • Options
    Does show in a way we aren't throwing money around. 

Essentially we offered 500k knowing that the two other installments of 500k we wouldn't have to pay for a year or two. 
  • Options
    "Thought times don't last. Tough people do."

I'm using that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Moment a club confirms its going that sort of money to splash everyone will want it for their players

Its the only slightly annoying thing about the interview as DM has basically confirmed we were willing to spend so will alert clubs ahead of the summer
    Equally, we aren't going to get Toney for £500K. In fact we wouldn't get him for 10 times that. When you hear that Bournemouth were looking to sign him as Josh King's replacement and that they wanted a lot more than the £20m offered by United, I suspect that the asking price will be nearer £10m for Toney. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe, but make a few signings and I can't imagine it takes long for clubs and agents to work out the sort of money we're willing to pay in fees and wages. It won't be kept quiet for long.
  • Options
    Does show in a way we aren't throwing money around. 

Essentially we offered 500k knowing that the two other installments of 500k we wouldn't have to pay for a year or two. 
    Maybe but could be any break down of £1.5m

IE 750k now £375k in summer and the year after
  • Options
    Does anyone have a different analogy to dodged a bullet?
  • Options
    Does anyone have a different analogy to dodged a bullet?
    House with subsidence anyone?
  • Options
    Please no more use of 'dodged a bullet'. It's like your copying each other's posts
    I said it first . Na na na na na 
  • Options
    Having watched the Brentford game yesterday. Maddison has shot himself in the foot because Hull are only heading in one direction. We WILL finish above them this year and Maddison could have showcased his talents far better with us with strikers infront of him such as Taylor, Bonne and Greene instead of bigger target men in Magennis and Eaves.

I am sure he’ll be a championship player next season, but lots of clubs won’t want to touch him after this and he will never get what he wants financially.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What surprised me most in that video was that Maddison, a league one player, has TWO agents!! Why on earth do you need 2?!
  • Options
    Please no more use of 'dodged a bullet'. It's like your copying each other's posts
    I said it first . Na na na na na 
    I don't think you did to be fair. I said it last night. So there!
  • Options
    Shows what a circus the Jan transfer window is, in that the earlier you deal the more you pay.  £1.5m plus add ons and a sell on to a "six figure sum" and a wing and a prayer for any more in about 3 weeks. Good to hear that Southall and ESI were trying hard to get this over the line so he could play early window when we needed him.  Does smack a bit of sour grapes and we've only heard DMs side of the story.  Peterborough only benefit if he stays at Hull, so putting others off with comments about Rotherham away doesn't do that prospect any harm.  

• Options
    Interesting video Few of things that stand out there. 

1) Maddison wasn’t really a target until we got offered him. Nothing inherently wrong with that, maybe Bows and Gallen fancied him but assumed he wouldn’t be available. Hopefully he wasn’t someone MS was trying to force onto them.

2) Sounds like Maddison’s instagram persona is a reflection of the “real” him, i.e. he’s a dickhead. Something didn’t sit comfortably with me when we were first linked and that interview has changed nothing. A billy big bollocks who could quite easily have totally disrupted the fantastic, and utterly crucial to our championship survival, team spirit that our squad has. Glad we didn’t get him. 

3) 1.5 m plus add ons is a very good offer for an egomaniac in the last few months of his contract and who has never done it above League 1. Almost over paying, I would suggest. Suggests there is money to spend, which is what we’ve been told all along, and I’m glad to hear we offered a fair, but not outlandish, wage. I firmly believe that is how the club must be run. We must be willing to pay as much, as we can safely afford to, in order to get good players, but if players won’t come for what we can afford then it’s their loss not ours. The pool of players good enough to play at this level is pretty large and, chances are, someone out there will sign on the right terms - in this case McGeady. 

4) Conspiracy theory - there is no money, there never was an intent to pay what it would take to get Maddison, and the Peterborough chairman is just doing his old mate Matt a favour by publicly backing the idea we do have and hide ESI’s lack of real funds and ambition. I’m return, Posh got to use us to smoke out interest in their player from other clubs. 
  • Options
    What surprises me is that no one else wanted Tony when he was avalible for about 500k and 18 months later 17 clubs are prepared to pay 20 times that. 

He has always scored goals and can't have improved THAT much in that time. 
  • Options
    Criticism of writing style by someone who doesn’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re”...
    Swords_alive has not dodged a bullet there. 
  • Options
    Said he likes our chairman who is planning great things for the football club