Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HE Tahnoon Nimer speaks in tomorrow’s matchday programme

Comments

• Options
    Hardly 'Cheers from your local' eh
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I have to say I found it a bit odd seeing his picture in the match day programme particularly wearing his traditional costume, despite the ghost written words.

And before anyone jumps on me, I don’t say that from a prejudiced, discriminatory or biased point of view. Just from the perspective of what has been the norm for us over the years! Duchebag, Murray, Slater, Huyler and probably the Gliksteins all suited and booted.

The changing face and money of football I guess and hopefully a good one for us and Charlton.

What makes you think it's ghost written?  HE is a very well educated linguist, I recko he can manage a few paragraphs for a footy programme.

ffs that is every day working gear where HE is based . I think its his words as some of us have seen what the club cut and paste in court "evidence" and I have seen better cut and paste in the old Blue Peter show
    It doesn’t take much for the ‘Angry Mob, to saddle up and ride in on their High Horses!’

Already people taking what I said out of context, being outraged and disgusted from ‘Tunbridge Wells’

I made no criticism of HE, simply implied it felt ‘odd’ from what we have been used to at Charlton.

And also said, hopefully a good deal for us and Charlton!

Well I imagine it probably has and again that’s not a criticism, many people have ghost writers to ensure and avoid any potential misunderstandings particularly if the language being used isn’t their own natural language.

You can all get off your ‘High Horses’ now, FFS!
  • Options
    I have to say I found it a bit odd seeing his picture in the match day programme particularly wearing his traditional costume, despite the ghost written words.

And before anyone jumps on me, I don’t say that from a prejudiced, discriminatory or biased point of view. Just from the perspective of what has been the norm for us over the years! Duchebag, Murray, Slater, Huyler and probably the Gliksteins all suited and booted.

The changing face and money of football I guess and hopefully a good one for us and Charlton.

What makes you think it's ghost written?  HE is a very well educated linguist, I recko he can manage a few paragraphs for a footy programme.

ffs that is every day working gear where HE is based . I think its his words as some of us have seen what the club cut and paste in court "evidence" and I have seen better cut and paste in the old Blue Peter show
    See already people taking what I said out of context, being outraged and disgusted from ‘Tunbridge Wells’

I made no criticism of HE, simply implied it felt ‘odd’ from what we have been used to at Charlton.

Well I imagine it probably has and again that’s not a criticism, many people have ghost writers to ensure and avoid any potential misunderstandings particularly if the language being used isn’t your own natural language.

Oi ! Leave Royal Tunbridge Wells out of it ! 

You'll have to answer to big Jonny Williams ...and you don't want to do that ! 

• Options

It doesn’t take much for the ‘Angry Mob, to saddle up and ride in on their High Horses!’

Already people taking what I said out of context, being outraged and disgusted from ‘Tunbridge Wells’

Well I imagine it probably has and again that’s not a criticism, many people have ghost writers to ensure and avoid any potential misunderstandings particularly if the language being used isn’t their own natural language.

I asked a very simple question, maybe engaging in conversation is beyond you though?
  • Options

I appreciate I spent 40yrs in the corporate world but the idea any Chairman sits down and writes his own prose is interesting.

Financial reports and investor briefings every day of the week but this guy oversees 60 companies. His job is to ensure the right messages are put out. Will he, in his own time have done a bit of research, beyond the business propositions they will have evaluated over months? Absolutely, if for no other reason than to make sure he is not being sold bullshit.

However there will have been a marketing and communications person sitting in the room drafting the message as the discussions were held. That is what they are paid for. How many drafts will have gone backward and forward before sign off is any body's guess but if he is a diligent executive you can be sure it is a message he wanted to send whether he physically wrote it or not.

Which is the point I was making, probably knows about club and some of the history but I imagine someone else wrote it and he approved.

After all he is a busy man.
  • Options

I asked a very simple question, maybe engaging in conversation is beyond you though?
    See above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

See already people taking what I said out of context, being outraged and disgusted from ‘Tunbridge Wells’

Well I imagine it probably has and again that’s not a criticism, many people have ghost writers to ensure and avoid any potential misunderstandings particularly if the language being used isn’t your own natural language.

Oi ! Leave Royal Tunbridge Wells out of it ! 

You'll have to answer to big Jonny Williams ...and you don't want to do that ! 

Please, No, not Big Bad Jonny Williams. I'll take it all back.
  • Options

I appreciate I spent 40yrs in the corporate world but the idea any Chairman sits down and writes his own prose is interesting.

Financial reports and investor briefings every day of the week but this guy oversees 60 companies. His job is to ensure the right messages are put out. Will he, in his own time have done a bit of research, beyond the business propositions they will have evaluated over months? Absolutely, if for no other reason than to make sure he is not being sold bullshit.

However there will have been a marketing and communications person sitting in the room drafting the message as the discussions were held. That is what they are paid for. How many drafts will have gone backward and forward before sign off is any body's guess but if he is a diligent executive you can be sure it is a message he wanted to send whether he physically wrote it or not.

I wouldn’t dream of contradicting your experience but football is just a little different isn’t it ? We know it’s not just about hard currency. It inspires passion, belonging and at times irrationality. You are probably right @Grapevine49 about who penned the short piece but Charlton is now effectively HE Tahnoon’s baby and if he wasn’t even somewhat passionate I doubt a businessman like HE would see football as a good place for his money. On that basis he has already made one potentially irrational decision. Once the results start coming in and he sees and feels what we as fans see and feel I suspect he will be sucked in just as much as we all are. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    You do all realise that all these esi announcements aren't written by HE  or Southall but by PR guru Paul McCarthy?

The intentions are good and the pr slick but suspect HR has never heard of the Valley Party or Derek Hales.
    You can't say that with any certainty. 

I've written my fair share of CEO statements and columns and they will either send over bullet points or messy paragraphs or even give you a call to tell you roughly what they want to say. 

Yep that’s how it works most of the time:)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Great publicity vid on HE's Instagram. In an interview with Charlton screensaver on his desk top computer, facing the camera  😂
  • Options
    Need a translation, he is chatting about Charlton.
  • Options
    Will be on this channel at some point if anyone's interested - https://www.youtube.com/user/MBCTVODISHA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tahnoon posted 1 min of an interview in Arabic he did the other day to his instagram.

I got someone to translate it this evening:

I don't think its necessarily a bad thing that we will be part of a 'network' but interesting nonetheless 
  • Options
    Tahnoon posted 1 min of an interview in Arabic he did the other day to his instagram.

I got someone to translate it this evening:

I don't think its necessarily a bad thing that we will be part of a 'network' but interesting nonetheless 

Perhaps he's almost completed buying Sint Truiden FC ?

• Options
    When I read it, I felt HE wrote it. Terms such as 'Even now' are frequently used by Arabs speaking/writing English. (5year stint out there). He states that he wrote it. It is written in the first person. Do we have people already calling our new owner a liar? I guess there is still a lot of baggage remaining from the Roland Regime.
  • Options
    I wonder if he’s read all those books on Charlton’s history behind him, or if he’s got somebody to do it for him?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    I wonder if he’s read all those books on Charlton’s history behind him, or if he’s got somebody to do it for him?
    Each book is a History on each of the players that we signed under Roland!!
  • Options
    Roughly translated, "we have £25m to spend in the last two weeks of the transfer window".