Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    mart77 said:
    Tbh I read that as Lee again just trying to make sure he gets the best deal he can for himself and who can blame him. I’m sure by Monday it’ll be all done.
    Or he’ll be gone
    Not a chance 
  • Options
    Still doesn't sound too convinced old Bows does he.
    Maybe it's the cynic him after working under the Belgian miser. God knows we've all felt that way recently.
  • Options
    How does a five year rolling contract work?
  • Options
    I suppose he's tied down for five years but if he's sacked he doesnt get compensation
  • Options
    How does a five year rolling contract work?
    It sounds like an oxymoron to me
  • Options
    Tedious 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Sounds more to me like Bowyer does know what the contract is and isn't happy with a rolling contract so has put this out there for negotiation. Or I could be talking bollocks which is equally as possible. 
    No not bollocks I don’t think, I agree with you it sounds like he knows & is getting it out there that it needs changing. I reckon he’s learned a thing or two from all his years in the game & from the managers he’s worked under. 
  • Options
    @bobmunro Can you get on the phone to Bowyer's agent? Please.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Maybe it's the cynic him after working under the Belgian miser. God knows we've all felt that way recently.
    He will have never seen a proper manager contract before!

I understand what he is saying. If a player signs a five year deal he is guaranteed five years’ pay. Either he plays for five years, or for example plays for three and gets splinters on his arse for two, or he is bought by another club after say three years and cops another contract with employment continuity preserved. If a player is released from a contract early (by mutual agreement) then he will likely get the unexpired balance paid.

A manager signs a five year deal and gets sacked after say two he cops on average a year’s pay as termination. Hence Bower saying it is in reality a 12 month rolling contract. The only way to avoid that is to have a termination clause that would pay the balance of the contract - but that is very unusual for a manager.

of course either a player or manager can still be terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct.
    So in short, does that mean if ESI ever want to sack him (let's hope not) they have to pay him 12 months wages from the date they sack him, regardless of where they are in the agreed 5 year contract'? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Sounds more to me like Bowyer does know what the contract is and isn't happy with a rolling contract so has put this out there for negotiation. Or I could be talking bollocks which is equally as possible. 
    No not bollocks I don’t think, I agree with you it sounds like he knows & is getting it out there that it needs changing. I reckon he’s learned a thing or two from all his years in the game & from the managers he’s worked under. 
    Agreed also.... I imagine he knows the basics of what is in it already
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I understand what he is saying. If a player signs a five year deal he is guaranteed five years’ pay. Either he plays for five years, or for example plays for three and gets splinters on his arse for two, or he is bought by another club after say three years and cops another contract with employment continuity preserved. If a player is released from a contract early (by mutual agreement) then he will likely get the unexpired balance paid.

A manager signs a five year deal and gets sacked after say two he cops on average a year’s pay as termination. Hence Bower saying it is in reality a 12 month rolling contract. The only way to avoid that is to have a termination clause that would pay the balance of the contract - but that is very unusual for a manager.

of course either a player or manager can still be terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct.
    What if Bowyer keeps us up this season. Next season go for it...oh not much funds, do what you can Lee. We get relegated. Do you think Lee will manage us again in league 1? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    bobmunro said:

So in short, does that mean if ESI ever want to sack him (let's hope not) they have to pay him 12 months wages from the date they sack him, regardless of where they are in the agreed 5 year contract'? 
    Yes that would be a typical termination clause in a manager’s contract. 

It can vary though with the balance payable, but that is rare. Maybe that’s what Lee wants.
  • Options
    I’m hopeful a 3 year deal with a two year extension in our favour will be the kind of deal that’s seen as fair to all parties. Lee is due a good deal with everything that’s happened but likewise you can’t expect MS to roll over and have his tummy tickled. I’m sure we’ll get there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    stonemuse said:
    wmcf123 said:
    mart77 said:
    Tbh I read that as Lee again just trying to make sure he gets the best deal he can for himself and who can blame him. I’m sure by Monday it’ll be all done.
    Or he’ll be gone
    Not a chance 
    We’ll see.  I hope not but other than not being Duchatelet , I wasn’t impressed with anything The new chairman said last week and their inability to get a striker in this week suggests there’s not much in the pot 
    Seriously?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    stonemuse said:
    wmcf123 said:
    mart77 said:
    Or he’ll be gone
    Not a chance 
    We’ll see.  I hope not but other than not being Duchatelet , I wasn’t impressed with anything The new chairman said last week and their inability to get a striker in this week suggests there’s not much in the pot 
    Or they’re not panic buying?!?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Agree, find it hard to believe the contract that was emailed to Lee's agent on Thursday according to Matt Southall hadn't been read by said agent and the salient points: wages and how the 5 years contract is laid out wasn't text or emailed by the time Lee got to bed with Mrs B on Thursday night. If in 48 hours Lee hadn't seen or been made aware of the above then Bowyer should get a new agent.

• Options
    Would anyone in the management game be so nonchalant if a 5 year contract was mentioned?

I know he's laid back but even I was expecting him the head out to LA, pen in hand.
    To say he still hasn't seen it is nonsense.

I too am not overly impressed with this playing out in the media.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    5 year deals in football in this day and age are unheard of for managers, I also don't think they work out too well as potential for complacency sets in and everything these days is geared for short term success.

Bowyer should really just do his negotiations behind the scenes as it doesn't paint a good picture doing out in public, he's not dealing with Roland anymore, MS actually takes an interest in running the club 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    stonemuse said:
    wmcf123 said:
    mart77 said:
    Or he’ll be gone
    Not a chance 
    Jesus Christ alive.......
    I think the pot is boiling over myself. Heavy investment now wont get us promoted. It'll happen when the time is right.