Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most Momentous .. Back to the Valley .. Or This Takeover

edited January 2020 in General Charlton
I appreciate that many of our fellows will not have been around or were nippers when the return happened.

What rings your bell more, devoted fans literally rolling up their sleeves to secure the survival of CAFC or this takeover ?.
I might be a bit hasty here, as I am sure that the implications of the new era will not unfold for a while.

My thoughts ? .. the return .. without that I think the club would have gradually sunk out of site  

Comments

• The return.
    The survival of the Club was at stake.
  • The return
  • Back to The Valley for me, if that never happened history would have taken us in another direction.
  • The return to The Valley - every time.
  • Have to agree Back To The Valley ,that was one hell of aride from Rob Lee to Colin Walsh. We were all alot younger back then but youth became knowledge and that was helpful in 2020 outcome.
  • Personally feels like this takeover for me, but I was 4 in 92, so never really felt the true importance of it all. 
  • Back to the Valley by an utter mile.

its not even a question. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Returning home - without that there wouldn't be a club to be taken over.
  • The Valley, obviously. 
  • Back to The Valley 
  • Back to The Valley x a million

The last couple of years have actually been pretty good!
  • Back to the Valley as no matter what happened from that point onwards we had achieved our goal.  This take over ....  ? Come on most of us cheered and dreamed when Roland arrived... look what we got. 

• The return the Valley was the  ultimate feeling regaining your identity, although this is up there.

I have to say the elation seems to have been somewhat dampened , due to the drawn out nature of the EFL approval , coupled with the fact we are going through a rough spell due to injuries. I think this will feel a lot better in due course. 

• Back to back to the Valley - without that there may not have been a club to takeover in 2020.........
  • Neither. Being saved by Sunley. 
  • Back to the Valley, no question.
  • Returning to the valley will always be the greatest achievement I've ever witnessed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to the valley, as others have said, no return = no takeover in 2020
  • great comments expressing the devotion and pride in CAFC .. non football fans will never understand will they
  • That's like asking if Andre Green is as good a signing as Darren Bent or Derek Hales....
  • Back to the valley for me
  • Back to the Valley ... nothing else comes close 
  • Going with the majority of posts - the return to The valley.
  • Back to The Valley for me too.
  • Back to the Valley, we’re going back to the valley...

still sing it now and again after a few beers
  • Simonsen said:
    Neither. Being saved by Sunley. 
    I wondered about this too. Swansea away was going to be our last ever game before charlton1984 was formed. We lost 1.0 at the vetch field in the February...

Then the next year we had the move thrust on us, 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/28877/notice-from-the-chairman-7th-of-september

And some great years and events followed in the lead up to the return to se7. So for me this takeover and the return are not comparable, and I will abstain, thanks all the same.
  • The Valley. If ESI think Roland got some stick, can you imagine the vitriol they would get if a serious announcement was made to move away from The Valley.