Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Taylor's key for me. I still believe that he is the single most important player I can remember at the club. I am pretty certain he will be off next month, which I am pretty gutted about, so we will need to bring in a decent 'replacement' - albeit I cannot think of anyone who would tick all of the boxes Lyle does. We desperately need the takeover to happen NOW and for the new owners to TREBLE his wages + a 3 year contract in a final bid to satisfy & keep him as their (joint) number 1 priority. The other 'joint' number one priority is to do the same with LB and (maybe) JJ.
  • edited December 2019
    meldrew66 said:
    Taylor's key for me. I still believe that he is the single most important player I can remember at the club. I am pretty certain he will be off next month, which I am pretty gutted about, so we will need to bring in a decent 'replacement' - albeit I cannot think of anyone who would tick all of the boxes Lyle does. We desperately need the takeover to happen NOW and for the new owners to TREBLE his wages + a 3 year contract in a final bid to satisfy & keep him as their (joint) number 1 priority. The other 'joint' number one priority is to do the same with LB and (maybe) JJ.
    Which is why anyone saying cash him in for 2mil are absolutely mental, it’s worth lettting him leave for free at the end of the season if it means staying up... which I’m sure we will do. 
  • shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Which is why anyone saying cash him in for 2mil are absolutely mental, it’s worth lettting him leave for free at the end of the season if it means staying up... which I’m sure we will do. 
    .....agreed. The problem comes when he wants to go in January and we tell him we won’t let him go until the end of the season. I fear that will sink him mentally and we will be left with half a player. Time will tell.
  • edited December 2019
    shine166 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Keeping a player who's focused on avoiding injury and land a lucrative move isn't going to guarantee our survival. It's not that I want him sold but I don't think it's as cut and dry as you make out.
  • Top six April.
  • Top six April.
    I'll have some of whatever you're smoking mate!  :smiley:
  • Today results help. Bottom 4 looking a little adrift now. We could do with being undefeated in our next 2 games....pref. with a win in there too. 
  • Today results help. Bottom 4 looking a little adrift now. We could do with being undefeated in our next 2 games....pref. with a win in there too. 
    The next 3 games could see us muster only 3 points, that could close the gap more.

We'll still be alright and stay up....just.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick19 said:
    Top six April.
    I'll have some of whatever you're smoking mate!  :smiley:
    Eleven points adrift with a game in hand and quality players to come back, regardless of potential takeover upgrades.
  • 11 points and 12 teams away from the play offs 

7 points and 4 teams from relegation
    8 points and 6 teams from the bottom of the league .

win tonight and the buffer should be enough 

The teams below are all slowly closing the gap, January could see us break free or sucked in even more .
    We need reinforcements,  whether in the shape of injured players returning to full fitness or decent newbies 
    To me retaining Lyle Taylor is the number one key to our survival .
  • 11 points and 12 teams away from the play offs 

7 points and 4 teams from relegation
    8 points and 6 teams from the bottom of the league .

win tonight and the buffer should be enough 

The teams below are all slowly closing the gap, January could see us break free or sucked in even more .
    We need reinforcements,  whether in the shape of injured players returning to full fitness or decent newbies 
    To me retaining Lyle Taylor is the number one key to our survival .
    100%
  • Changes so quick, Boro were miles behind us a few weeks ago and in terrible form. Now winning games and above us.
  • Last 6 form of the teams around us (from Boro down), in form order:

Middlesbrough - form team of the league - 13 points from 18 (4W,1D,1L)
    Huddersfield - 10/16 - (3W,1D,2L)
    Barnsley - 9/16 - (2W,3D,1L)
    Stoke - 7/16 - (2W,1D,3L)
    Charlton - 5/16 - (1W, 2D, 3L)
    Wigan - 4/16 - (0W,4D,2L)
    Birmingam - 4/16 - (1W,1D,4L)
    Luton - 4/16 - (1W,1D,4L)
    Derby 3/16 - (3D, 3L)
  • We look like relegation fodder and I'm not sure how we will turn this around. Our defence looks like it will ship a lot of goals and the midfield is threadbare. 
  • Desperately need a cash injection for new players or we could slip through the trap door and down 
  • You’d be seriously naive if you’re not pondering the prospect at this point in time.
  • You’d be seriously naive if you’re not pondering the prospect at this point in time.
    I read a post earlier, an optimist saying we were in with a shout for the play-offs if we had won tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep saying it but 21st will be an excellent season.
  • LenGlover said:
    Keep saying it but 21st will be an excellent season.
    Think its gonna be a tough ask .
    7 points and gd is good for now 
    but only 3 teams from relegation zone 
    8 points and gd from bottom 
    Only 5 teams from bottom

Luckily in this pony league the teams aren’t that much better but we are an easy form turner for most shit teams .
    We are currently the weakest link
  • LenGlover said:
    Keep saying it but 21st will be an excellent season.
    Think its gonna be a tough ask .
    7 points and gd is good for now 
    but only 3 teams from relegation zone 
    8 points and gd from bottom 
    Only 5 teams from bottom

Luckily in this pony league the teams aren’t that much better but we are an easy form turner for most shit teams .
    We are currently the weakest link
    It's a tough ask trying understand the top half of this post!
  • All I can cling onto is the fact that we MUST be getting a few players back soon.

Once we have Williams, Cullen, Field, JFC, Aneke & Oztumer fit then we should be able to pick up enough points to stay up. It will be squeaky bum time at times but we should have enough to get 50/55 points.
  • It is amazing that had we held onto the game for the last couple of minutes against Millwall, Bristol City, Huddersfield and Hull we would have 6 more points and be sitting in 14th. Conversely, hadn't we scored the late goals against QPR, West Brom and Barnsley we wouldn't have those extra 3 points.

The fact we're 7 points above the relegation zone isn't worrying me too much yet, especially with 11 players still to come back from injury and the January transfer window a day away. However, it will take time to get them back to match fitness and integrate new players.

• The teams below us seem to be able to pluck 3 points out the bag more regularly than us. Annoying!
  • edited January 2020
    Not going well today 
  • QPR winning 6-0 after 64 minutes ...... !
  • edited January 2020
    Wigan and Stoke both winning away from home.

EDIT: Reading too.
  • People keep saying we'll be okay once players return from injury but no sign of this happening. 

2 wins since beginning of October - 16 games. Can't see much room for optimism.