Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2019 ***

Comments

• Chunes said:
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:
    I voted labour but wasn't with enthusiasm.  I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Boris, even though i thought Corbyn was a terrible leader and one I couldn't relate to.  What a terrible choice, horrible election.  I wish we could just go back in time and stop this country eating each other up with hatred.

So much hate and anger about.  Its absolute shit. 

I fear it is much too late.
    I feel a huge amount of hatred for Tories and brexit voters, and for what I know of a considerable number of Charlton supporting posters on this forum.
    I am sure they feel the same way about me.
    I am at a loss to see how this can be changed.
    If I met certain Charlton supporters face to face, and knew who they were, I would not want anything to do with them.
    You may see that as my demon to wrestle with, I see it as being constantly on my guard.
    I feel that politics, in terms of getting along with people, only really matters on the internet. I've met plenty of Tories and even Trump supporters I've gotten along with like a house on fire. We're all people at the end of the day. We love our kids. We worry about them. Our backs hurt sometimes. We like football, or the same bands, or the same cities.  

Politics is not life. 
    Great post Chunes, spot on. 
  • I don't hate you for it Seth, but I do pity you for it, you seem like a very angry person, and that is sad. 
  • Someone posting on Twitter that the Tory vote only increased by 1%!  Does make you question the whole First Pass the Post approach to deciding who wins...
  • Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    Erm... Don't buy it?
    But too many people will buy it because the only alternative will be to go veggie
    Ah so it's giving people more choice? Sounds good to me. 

Buy it, or don't buy it, it won't change the price of existing chicken that isn't like that... There are no safety concerns, the EU even agrees with this. 

I've never got the problem of it. It's a very emotive and strange reaction. I wouldn't have an issue with it. 

I would happily eat it.
    I'm not 100% certain that the EU would agree with your assessment of their position. 

Chlorine washing of foodstuffs is not, in and of itself, concerning, provided that stringent standards are followed in production. 

Where US chlorine washed chicken falls down, and where the EU has been against it, is because it is used to cover up (for want of a better phrase) unsanitary/unhygienic practices, banned in the EU, in US chicken farming and production.  The problem for consumers, particularly in a retail environment reliant upon cheap food, is that these practices also reduce costs, so that the cheapest option will often be that with the poorest practices. 

And, although avoided in the immediate conversation, reference was also made by @Addictedoldgit to growth hormone-fed/injected beef, about which the EU absolutely has safety concerns about the possibility of hormones being absorbed from beef products (I remember hearing tales, from those involved in food safety, of injected hormones not being fully absorbed before slaughter and what amounted to pellets of hormone being found in steaks), with the EU only allowing import of high quality, non-hormone enhanced beef from the USA, Argentina et al.

None of this would be a problem if consumers had a genuine choice, with clearly labelled produce.  But, guess what, one of the things that the USA trade negotiators will be seeking to do is remove the current EU labelling rules that give you some chance of identifying the origins of produce and ingredients....
  • edited December 2019
    I have no hate at all for you Seth.
    I feel pity and as I've said before your feelings are not normal and you should seek professional help if your words are genuine.
    I read about some poor soul who set them self on fire in Chislehurst the other day and my first thought was it may be you (as you have said before you would do this.
    Now that can't be right can it ?
  • Not sure how relevant that will be. I would be surprised if we agree a trade deal with the US. They will sense our weakness and demand the red lines Johnson has promised not to give them.  
  • I'm with Chunes.  Politics does matter but when did conflicting opinions start to equal hatred?

What's so wrong with disagreeing ?

• seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:
    I voted labour but wasn't with enthusiasm.  I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Boris, even though i thought Corbyn was a terrible leader and one I couldn't relate to.  What a terrible choice, horrible election.  I wish we could just go back in time and stop this country eating each other up with hatred.

I feel a huge amount of hatred for Tories and brexit voters, and for what I know of a considerable number of Charlton supporting posters on this forum.
    If I met certain Charlton supporters face to face, and knew who they were, I would not want anything to do with them.
    You may see that as my demon to wrestle with, I see it as being constantly on my guard.
    You have stated your hated a number of times now Seth. I was going to give you a cheery hello at the play off final, but thought better of it just in case you kicked me in the bollox.

You are sadly destined to remain a very bitter person. Hate can only cause problems for you as you see racism, hatred and antipathy where there is none. You should learn to not judge others by your own standards.

Let it go my friend, you will feel better for it.
  • It all stems from the referendum, it is a binary decision and (supposedly) there can only be one winner, for good. I think if Remain had won it would have been relatively calm, but leave winning actually required change, and turned people who were adamant they were right, into foaming at the mouth loons on both sides, with the people in the middle wondering what the fuck our country has become. 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

No hate at all Seth. The opposite, I pity you if you feel like that. 
    Pity away. Pity does not seem to lead anywhere useful I'm afraid, and it feels rather patronising to be pitied, but if that is how you feel then I am not in a position to do anything about it.
    It really matters very little who I am or who and what I hate, I am a single voice on a message board not world king or anything, so unless you wish me to stop posting, the best thing to do is ignore wouldn't you agree?
  • Huskaris said:
    I don't hate you for it Seth, but I do pity you for it, you seem like a very angry person, and that is sad. 
    @Huskaris I would much prefer your hatred, it is more honest than your constant stalking snide.
  • I have no hate at all for you Seth.
    I feel pity and as I've said before your feelings are not normal and you should seek professional help if your words are genuine.
    I read about some poor soul who set them self on fire in Chislehurst the other day and my first thought was it may be you (as you have said before you would do this.
    @Covered End, and I will say again, what are your qualifications that lead you to judge my feelings as not normal?
    No It can't be right that I set myself on fire in Chislehurst as I am posting on here.
    If you can persuade me what the end result of 'professional help' might be then I might take you seriously, if you offered to pay for it (unlikely to be available under this Tory NHS) I would take you even more seriously.
  • seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

One thing i will say though Seth is i admire your honesty. I'm sure there are many others which secretly think they same.

I think this post (from what is a Charlton poster i greatly enjoy reading their Charlton views and engaging with) is a fantastic example endorsing why it was the right decision to remove politics as an active discussion topic on our main forum. Its just too divisive.

I never once complained about the politics stuff being placed away from the main football stuff.
  • Christ, you have got it bad.

Like the boss man said, I admire the fact you can openly say you hate fellow fans but can't endorse that attitude on the basis of opinion differences.

I just hope you hate me more for who I support than you do fellow lifers for having the audacity to vote for one of only two wholly unviable and unelectable candidates.
  • edited December 2019
    If we are right Brexiters aren't winners. That is what people have to understand - we believe this country has been damaged because of it. We really do believe it. Brexiters can only be winners if they are ultiately proven right. If they are wrong, I'm not sure there is much for them to celebrate.

What we must respect is that they believe they are right and we should all hope they are and not be arrogant enough to rule out the possibility. Brexit still seems like a crazy risk to me and not worth the potential economic and security implications but that is even more reason to prove us Remainers wrong.

I do understand your position Seth, but it is best to hope they are right as I am now doing. If they are shown to be wrong, what can we do anyway, shoot them? We all have to live together at the end of the day. 
  • LLLBH, Seth.

Don't let bitterness eat you up .
  • seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

You have stated your hated a number of times now Seth. I was going to give you a cheery hello at the play off final, but thought better of it just in case you kicked me in the bollox.

You are sadly destined to remain a very bitter person. Hate can only cause problems for you as you see racism, hatred and antipathy where there is none. You should learn to not judge others by your own standards.

Let it go my friend, you will feel better for it.
    I am not in the habit of kicking people in the bollocks.
    I do not judge others by my own standards, that is a meaningless phrase.
    Others deny racism, hatred and antipathy where there is some.
  • My constituency is the Vale of Glamorgan. Normally I vote Liberal but I went for Labour to try and help kick out the sitting Tory who has been proven to have lied about what he knew about his assistant telling lies in court about a girl who was raped by his friend. Unfortunately the corrupt little bastard won the vote. ( The rapist was jailed for several years ).

Interestingly, one of the candidates here lives in the London Borough of Bexley but was standing for the “ Gwlad, Gwlad “ ( Land, Land ) party. 
  • seth plum said:
    I have no hate at all for you Seth.
    @Covered End, and I will say again, what are your qualifications that lead you to judge my feelings as not normal?
    No It can't be right that I set myself on fire in Chislehurst as I am posting on here.
    If you can persuade me what the end result of 'professional help' might be then I might take you seriously, if you offered to pay for it (unlikely to be available under this Tory NHS) I would take you even more seriously.
    Seth it's plain for all to see that your feelings are not normal/healthy.
    The mere fact that you don't understand what is and is not normal demonstrates this.
    I know plenty of people that have seen their GP including myself and have received free help.
    It's all there and free go and ask.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is plain for all to see?
    So not only do you diagnose my needs, but speak for all.
    Define normal if you can. Especially what 'normal' is, rather than what it isn't.
  • LLLBH, Seth.

I am not concerned about bitterness, I am more interested in fighting back.
    Identifying the enemy is part of that.

• seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

Do something then. Saying you hate tories on a forum isn't doing anything 
  • seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

It's a forum. What else do you do on a forum other than state your opinion?
  • seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

You are right, and I mention above that on this forum I am certainly insignificant, or put it another way, no more significant than others.
    I do what I can in terms of voting, and also lobbying my MP, and I need to do more.
    However a forum is where people post things isn't it?
    Are you suggesting I should stop posting?

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

No hate at all Seth. The opposite, I pity you if you feel like that. 
    Pity away. Pity does not seem to lead anywhere useful I'm afraid, and it feels rather patronising to be pitied, but if that is how you feel then I am not in a position to do anything about it.
    It really matters very little who I am or who and what I hate, I am a single voice on a message board not world king or anything, so unless you wish me to stop posting, the best thing to do is ignore wouldn't you agree?

I don't want to ignore you though Seth, you're a good poster on here and someone i know in person to be a lovely man. it just doesn't sit easy the way you are effectively stereotyping, bracketing such huge amounts of society and fellow posters on here under some evil selfish cloud and determine them as 'the enemy'.

That's mighty unfair imo and is not reflective of the individual i've enjoyed being in the company of a number of times.

• Thank you for your kind words, and being OK with me posting on here.
  • seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

So how do you propose to fight back? From what you've posted on here today, it would seem to be  to hate anyone who voted/thinks differently to you.
    What an ugly, joyless and self-pitying soul you must possess.

• If people are genuine about their attitude towards me, one distraction technique could be to state how they see the post leave land border operating in Ireland, and we can discuss the practicalities of that.
    I don't expect that to happen mind you.
  • Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

So how do you propose to fight back? From what you've posted on here today, it would seem to be  to hate anyone who voted/thinks differently to you.
    What an ugly, joyless and self-pitying soul you must possess.

He's pissed off and I can understand that.

He's a nice guy really.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!