Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2019 ***

Comments

• Whilst I’ve always known that Charlton are a left wing supported club 
    I don’t understand why you say that every time. You’re a clever chap, you can see clearly that we’ve run four exit polls on here since 2010 and the Conservatives have been the most supported party three times. That’s a fact, unless you feel the membership of this forum is not representative of the Charlton fan base. 
  • I voted Labour and hope we can now see the back of Corbyn but sadly I think his replacement will be even worse.

Curious to see what Johnson does given he doesn't seem to believe in anything other than his own ego.

First past the post voting system fails us again - 44% of the votes delivers a big majority. Can't really be said to be a mandate.
  • I didn't vote.  I am a life long Labour voter who is now unrepresented by the party.  My main concern now is that Momentum and the far left will push for another leader in Corbyn's image.  Meanwhile the Tory lie of 'one nation' will continue as the rich get richer and the poor, poorer ... just as it's always been.
    Momentum has to be banished by the moderate centre left of the party - watching Alun Johnson on ITV with John Lansman is one of the defining moments of this election. 

• I think it's more the case the left are involved in shouting (and shouting down) about it, whereas Conservatives tend to rise above it, key case in point is look at how many people in these one off threads on the main board are Conservative as a proportion versus the House of Commoners subforum. 
  • Huskaris said:
    I think it's more the case the left are involved in shouting (and shouting down) about it, whereas Conservatives tend to rise above it, key case in point is look at how many people in these one off threads on the main board are Conservative as a proportion versus the House of Commoners subforum. 
    Okay then.
  • Glad you agree @Chunes! Grown ups don't need to shout and scream like children, they know their own mind and don't need to get constant validation from people with the same opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought you should vote for what’s best for the country not for yourself.The country would have been bankrupt under the amount of Christmas presents Corbyn was giving out. 
    Exactly what I said last night before being shouted down as someone who’s delusional 
  • Huskaris said:
    Glad you agree @Chunes! Grown ups don't need to shout and scream like children, they know their own mind and don't need to get constant validation from people with the same opinion. 
    Who are these grownups you refer to? 
  • Rothko said:
    I watched that row live and think Alan Johnson hits the nail square on the head. 
  • _MrDick said:
    I always thought you should vote for what’s best for the country not for yourself.The country would have been bankrupt under the amount of Christmas presents Corbyn was giving out. 
    Exactly what I said last night before being shouted down as someone who’s delusional 
    You will get shouted down mate, by the usual rent a mob, who mobilise on the Group threads as soon as anyone tries to chip in with an alternative view 
  • edited December 2019
    I voted Labour and hope we can now see the back of Corbyn but sadly I think his replacement will be even worse.

Curious to see what Johnson does given he doesn't seem to believe in anything other than his own ego.

First past the post voting system fails us again - 44% of the votes delivers a big majority. Can't really be said to be a mandate.

Agreed. In 1997, New Labour gor 43% of the vote and a majority of 186. And Liberal Democrats got 3 times the number of votes that the SNP got, yet 4.5 times fewer seats. Argument for proportional representation? (different thread :)).
  • _MrDick said:
    I always thought you should vote for what’s best for the country not for yourself.The country would have been bankrupt under the amount of Christmas presents Corbyn was giving out. 
    You will get shouted down mate, by the usual rent a mob, who mobilise on the Group threads as soon as anyone tries to chip in with an alternative view 
    People often say they're shouted down when someone tries to debate with them. They then play up the victim role - snowflakes!
    Dry your eyes mate, I know you must be hurting at the moment and I hope you can get through this crisis. 

I'm not playing a victim. I just can't see the point in arguing with 5 or 6 faceless people on a forum, because the discussion gets twisted within about 2 or 3 quotes and the point is lost. But what I'm saying us essentially Factual and anyone is free to have a browse to confirm it for themselves.

Anyway, I can't spend the next 3 hours arguing with you and your chums mate, I need to get on with some graft

• _MrDick said:
    People often say they're shouted down when someone tries to debate with them. They then play up the victim role - snowflakes!
    Dry your eyes mate, I know you must be hurting at the moment and I hope you can get through this crisis. 

I'm not playing a victim. I just can't see the point in arguing with 5 or 6 faceless people on a forum, because the discussion gets twisted within about 2 or 3 quotes and the point is lost. But what I'm saying us essentially Factual and anyone is free to have a browse to confirm it for themselves.

Anyway, I can't spend the next 3 hours arguing with you and your chums mate, I need to get on with some graft

As I said people won't debate - you prove the point.
  • _MrDick said:

Debate what? The election was last night mate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

....or do you want another one? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • I voted Labour, we lost heavily, so congratulations to the Conservative Party and those who supported them,  that's the way it goes. However, Johnson said in his speech he thanks those voters who have 'lent' them their vote, and so lets see what happens. I've never supported any party getting a 'landslide' victory, even when Blair did in 97, it means there is no-one to put checks and balances on anything the sitting government want to do. Remember the 'Poll Tax' under Thatcher, she brought that in unopposed (she had a majority of 102 seats), and it eventually led to rioting in the streets and her eventual downfall.
    Johnson will deliver some kind of BREXIT eventually I guess, but in 5 years time those that 'lent' him their vote will want to see if he delivered on-:
    40 new hospitals,
    20000 more Police (still 1000 less than 2010)
    31000 NEW nurses
    etc etc
    If he hasn't delivered on the above, he will have only him and his party to blame for not delivering, he cant blame parliament this time. So Johnson is now either good for his word or not.....the buck stops with him. If he fails, then I suspect that'll be the end of 'lending' him votes.
  • _MrDick said:

....or do you want another one? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I was just making the point that some people don't like debating things when people disagree with them. If they don't have an argument to come back with they'll say they're being ganged up on.

I don't want another election but I would like a vote on the Brexit deal as that would serve democracy. 
  • Johnson absolutely does not have to deliver on any promise.
    He won.
  • As a green Conservative with a small c, with a wish for a more egalitarian society  i struggled to see anyone to vote for but unless David Milaband or someone of that ilk becomes Labour Leader they will remain a London and north west party as the rest of the Country including some ex mining northern areas feel no empathy with the far left. 
    Corbyn, a disciple of Tony Benn has been stanch anti European union since the 70's But could only say I'm Brexit neutral ! 
    That is the reason that Traditional Labour areas didn't vote Labour this time as they voted to leave the EU.

If you learn anything from History, the far left get hammered in an election. Corbyn has emulated Michael Foot's far left Labour leadership.

Boris may be bonkers but he can deliver short sharp sound bites and now needs to deliver his many promises, hopefully someone wrote them all down in case he forgets !

• If you learn anything from history you will know the Irish issue will always be a problem for the English.
  • _MrDick said:

You don't debate, you lecture.

And it ends up with no one listening.
  • @AFKABartram

Have you seen the Charlton life poll result mate 😂

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!