Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2019 ***

Comments

• Options
    The average rate of wages is always below what the boss will take and below the cost of living. Thats the maths. Workers who vote for the bosses party have been conned.
    So you think "workers" should get paid more than the boss ?
    Would of happened under labour
  • Options
    The average rate of wages is always below what the boss will take and below the cost of living. Thats the maths. Workers who vote for the bosses party have been conned.

Not what I've said at all.
  • Options
    Workers should be paid enough to sustain a moderately decent life.
    Like the bosses of the scooter delivery people should pay their workers...some hope there!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Love the silent majority! (Of the minorities)
  • Options
    Voted Labour, not because I support them, but because I believed they had the best (albeit slim) chance of beating the Tory incumbent in my constituency. Regret wasting my vote now and wish I'd voted for the Psychedelic Future Party.
  • Options

Sorry, what did you mean then when you said "the average rate of wages is always below what the boss will take"?
    I can only interpret that as you think average wages should be above what the boss will take.
  • Options
    Jon Lansmam getting a shoeing from all angles on ITV

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Labour because I want to end child poverty and austerity and there’s more to life than a stupid EU exit. Plus Boris Johnson is possibly the most vile man to walk the planet. 
    Ehhh I don't know much about UK politics so he might be #2 for all I know, we have another year before the real #1 most vile man to walk the planet can be unseated
  • Options
    Whilst I’ve always known that Charlton are a left wing supported club it still staggers me that anyone in the South of England that’s not a student  with a job that pays taxes would vote labour 
    It's because Labour play in red & white.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spoilt my ballet paper for the first time ever, sad times.  Our political leaders have the same integrity as an Apprentice candidate
  • Options

Sorry, what did you mean then when you said "the average rate of wages is always below what the boss will take"?
    I can only interpret that as you think average wages should be above what the boss will take.
    It's meant as a statement of fact. In everyday accounting wages are a cost, and revenue must be higher than costs for a firm to sustain. So profits can be taken all the while this remains the case. And new investments can be made from loans or capital and the cycle continues. Exciting maybe if you're in charge, you can start to see how Conservatism works for you. You might have like minded well placed friends who vote Tory as well. However the majority of course, those on a wage, are left behind. Yet they start to vote Tory too. How come?
  • Options

It's meant as a statement of fact. In everyday accounting wages are a cost, and revenue must be higher than costs for a firm to sustain. So profits can be taken all the while this remains the case. And new investments can be made from loans or capital and the cycle continues. Exciting maybe if you're in charge, you can start to see how Conservatism works for you. You might have like minded well placed friends who vote Tory as well. However the majority of course, those on a wage, are left behind. Yet they start to vote Tory too. How come?
    Cos they actually quite like having a job, maybe? 
  • Options
    Not sustainable for many though is it. Poor wages or conditions. Long hours etc. Considered disposable very often. That why there are workers rights of course, and plenty of arguments historically over those.
  • Options
    Not sustainable for many though is it. Poor wages or conditions. Long hours etc. Considered disposable very often. That why there are workers rights of course, and plenty of arguments historically over those.
    It sounds like you may be on poor wages and conditions ? (Perhaps not just sounds like it).
    If that's the case is there not anyway you could get a job with better pay & conditions?
    I'm not wishing to sound rude, but sometimes people complain about their situation, yet don't attempt to address it.
  • Options
    The most basic paid job of say 40 hours a week ought to be enough to pay a person's way.
    The most basic. 
    I don't believe it is. Well not with the cost of your own home to sustain.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The most basic paid job of say 40 hours a week ought to be enough to pay a person's way.
    The most basic. 
    I don't believe it is. Well not with the cost of your own home to sustain.
    Agreed, because in many parts of the country property prices are ridiculously too high and on a simple level that is down to supply and demand.

The demand is higher than the supply and is showing no sign of improving all the time net immigration outpaces the pace of building growth.

No that is not the fault of immigrants of course, but it is a fact that if you don't have enough homes and an increasing number of people wants homes that aren't available, the cost should continue to rise at unattainable levels.
  • Options
    It sounds like you may be on poor wages and conditions ? (Perhaps not just sounds like it).
    If that's the case is there not anyway you could get a job with better pay & conditions?
    I'm not wishing to sound rude, but sometimes people complain about their situation, yet don't attempt to address it.

My personal circs don't come in to it  @Covered End. You've responded to my comment back to greenie junior. I clarified above what i meant on your query to me. Be interested in your thoughts to that, if any. Cheers
  • Options
    I see the housing issue as about social housing policies initiated under Thatcher, the buy to let and air bnb boom, properties lying empty and greed. Much less than about immigration, much less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Voted conservative. Have always voted conservative. Didn’t want Brexit but couldn’t bring myself to vote for Corbyn or the Liberal UnDemocrats. It wasn’t all about Brexit or the NHS or Education or everything else for me. I just think we’ll be better off in the long term with the party that can best manage the economy. Corbyn’s spending plans would have bankrupt the country within a couple of years. Just my opinion ... 
    Delusional. Corbyn was literally bringing the UK up to same levels of spending as the rest of Europe. Enjoy your underfunded NHS and education 
    Agree. But of course the British media paint such policies as ludicrous, make Corbyn into some sort of figure of ridicule, and the people seem to buy it. It's as absurd as in the USA.
    So you agree with the Labour policy of making employers of plc companies having a 10% stake in the company.....with the Government setting the price that the shares should be bought back at....note, not necessary the market price.  These shares are currently being held by YOU in your pensions  & other investments. I wonder if you would be happy to see your pension fund tank as  the shares you held are sold on your behalf for less than their current value.

And that's just one if their mad ideas. We wont talk about wanting all employees to only work 32 hours a week. .....and increase the minimum wage at the same time. It's like the policy was drawn up by an 8 year old child. Can I have more money for less hours please.....
    Control over working life or worry about my pension value? No brainer for me. Of course if i was a financial adviser i'd just be more worried about the numbers game too but no, i live in the real world thanks, and id like a seat at the top table to have a say and take a fair share at source.
  • Options
    Many people rely on the state pension they paid into not a private one.
    As for having 'investments', many people have debts.
  • Options

Bishop Auckland, Labour since 1935, turns Blue.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    I see the housing issue as about social housing policies initiated under Thatcher, the buy to let and air bnb boom, properties lying empty and greed. Much less than about immigration, much less.
    Down here in Cornwall a sizeable proportion of the housing stock is empty much of the year through investments/absent owners or 2nd home owners who visit only occasionally - or non-residential holiday cottages/farmhouses/tourist accommodation.

These were mostly residential homes once.

Replacement small homes are not being built.
    It can be really difficult for local young couples and families to find affordable accommodation.

Not about immigration then?
  • Options
    Iseth plum said:
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    Down here in Cornwall a sizeable proportion of the housing stock is empty much of the year through investments/absent owners or 2nd home owners who visit only occasionally - or non-residential holiday cottages/farmhouses/tourist accommodation.

These were mostly residential homes once.

Replacement small homes are not being built.
    It can be really difficult for local young couples and families to find affordable accommodation.

Not about immigration then?

I spend a lot of time in Cornwall and they do not have the same level of Eastern European’s or other minorities as we do in and around London. Nowhere near.
  • Options
    What is the point of spoiling a ballot paper?

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Voted conservative. Have always voted conservative. Didn’t want Brexit but couldn’t bring myself to vote for Corbyn or the Liberal UnDemocrats. It wasn’t all about Brexit or the NHS or Education or everything else for me. I just think we’ll be better off in the long term with the party that can best manage the economy. Corbyn’s spending plans would have bankrupt the country within a couple of years. Just my opinion ... 
    Delusional. Corbyn was literally bringing the UK up to same levels of spending as the rest of Europe. Enjoy your underfunded NHS and education 
    I'm just being a realist, mate. For what it's worth, it saddens me that we don't have a strong opposition party in our political system. Didn't want a right wing government as much as I didn't want a left wing government. Much prefer centre right but I could put up with centre left. The Labour Party are going to have to shift its politics significantly before I even consider voting for them
  • Options
    I didn't vote.  I am a life long Labour voter who is now unrepresented by the party.  My main concern now is that Momentum and the far left will push for another leader in Corbyn's image.  Meanwhile the Tory lie of 'one nation' will continue as the rich get richer and the poor, poorer ... just as it's always been.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!